2020 Southeast ◄[District]► -- Official Seeding/Brackets (Div II, III & IV) Updates and Scores Thread

Tri-StateYouthSports
SEOP

2020 Southeast ◄[District]► -- Official Seeding/Brackets (Div II, III & IV) Updates and Scores Thread

Post by Tri-StateYouthSports »

D-II
SEDAB Bracket (Link) to pdf
(Link) to pdf of the below bracket.
D-III
D-IV
Last edited by Tri-StateYouthSports on Sat Feb 29, 2020 10:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Re: 2020 Southeast District -- Official Seeding/Brackets (Div II, III & IV) Updates and Scores Thread

Post by pfloyd »

Tri-StateYouthSports wrote: Sun Feb 09, 2020 4:30 pm +/- to the left of the seeding indicates difference in seeding between Official SEDAB Seeding & Week #10 Pfloyd rankings.

D-II
D-III
D-IV
... I'll stick by my rankings ... the DAB seedings don't reflect the losses of this past week - Athens losing twice, Sheridan losing to JG , Alexander losing to Trimble etc. ...

Irish
Freshman Team

Re: 2020 Southeast District -- Official Seeding/Brackets (Div II, III & IV) Updates and Scores Thread

Post by Irish »

Green is a +7 and St Joe is a +4. Seems as though you might want to gather a little more info about the some of the SOC teams before making such a biased prediction about them. Just my opinion, don't get your feathers ruffled over the opinion of one innocent SEOPS poster.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

Irish wrote: Sun Feb 09, 2020 8:14 pm Green is a +7 and St Joe is a +4. Seems as though you might want to gather a little more info about the some of the SOC teams before making such a biased prediction about them. Just my opinion, don't get your feathers ruffled over the opinion of one innocent SEOPS poster.
I must have missed something Irish , ????

Irish
Freshman Team

Post by Irish »

Just feel like the little D4 teams in the southern part of the Southeast District don’t get the recognition they deserve. Once again, just my opinion. I know you have a VERY tough task of ranking all the teams in the southeast district and it is impossible to see all of them in person, so I do understand your predicament. I guess that’s why they play the tournament games.

Hoopie74
SEOP

Post by Hoopie74 »

? Pfloyds past rankings were just mock, mythical brackets that were MOCKED up using the elite 8 rankings. The mocked up brackets were just matched up with the new real brackets to get a difference . Great job guys.pretty neat comparison.

JC2124
Varsity

Post by JC2124 »

Irish wrote: Sun Feb 09, 2020 8:14 pm Green is a +7 and St Joe is a +4. Seems as though you might want to gather a little more info about the some of the SOC teams before making such a biased prediction about them. Just my opinion, don't get your feathers ruffled over the opinion of one innocent SEOPS poster.
Pfloyds rankings come out on Sunday. He took into consideration what happened Friday and Saturday night. I know St Joe lost which was a reason they slipped in his eyes. He is the committee of one, that’s just his opinion on the district. The voting had to be turned in Friday night at 11:59. Meaning most of games didn’t impact the seeding. If you look at all the rankings from the Mock draft vs the real brackets I think he did an amazing job. He wasn’t that far off. The voting isn’t an exact science either. Coaches had a list of teams that they would like to avoid so they reflect that in their voting. As Hoopie74 says “It’s all about the match ups”

Hoopie74
SEOP

Post by Hoopie74 »

The one and done is just around the corner

Reds Fan
JV Team

Post by Reds Fan »

the best time of the year!

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

Irish wrote: Sun Feb 09, 2020 8:35 pm Just feel like the little D4 teams in the southern part of the Southeast District don’t get the recognition they deserve. Once again, just my opinion. I know you have a VERY tough task of ranking all the teams in the southeast district and it is impossible to see all of them in person, so I do understand your predicament. I guess that’s why they play the tournament games.
Irish, you are absolutely right "the little D4 teams in the southern part of the Southeast District DON'T get the recognition the deserve." ... to get the recognition it takes a number of "things" to come together - teams (all teams) have to get W's ... the D4's - New Boston/Federal Hocking/Trimble/Peebles who DO get recognition win games , beat most all opponents ... the other "thing" is that there ARE posters who "initially" start the recognition - posters from those small D4's - putting out the scores, the names of players - GIVING the initial recognition ... THAT in itself gets the rest of us in all corners of SEOhio to take notice ... IF teams get recognized "locally" AND win OR represent themselves well on the court vs teams who are ALREADY being noticed THEY WILL move up the rankings, THEY WILL force pfloyd to get out and do an "eye test" on them ... I will take some of the blame - as I can't see everyone but I will make the effort when there IS /ARE teams who are winning ... I felt last year that I was NOT giving the teams on the west side of Rte 23 in the SHAC a fair shake - not because I wasn't following them, not that I didn't know that there are/were quality teams/programs in the SHAC - the history of North Adams, Peebles, Eastern Brown, Lynchburg Clay etc are there for all to see; outstanding coaches in the SHAC have always given the SHAC credibility along with their outstanding performances in the post season ... I would ALWAYS see the SHAC teams at the Convo ... it was always the distance to get to SHAC games that kept me from giving them an "eye test" during the season ... at the end of last season - I promised myself, Coach Carson/Coach Arey and others that I would make it to see more games - I took the 2 hour drive to the Lynchburg Clay shootout over the summer - saw practically every team in the SHAC play ... have made the 2 hour trip to Peebles to catch the Indians vs New Boston, saw SHAC teams at Piketon, Chesapeake, watched Peebles 3 times vs the best in D4 NB, Federal Hocking, Trimble in the SE district ... anyway I do the best I can, I try to stay informed - reading online, reading posts, newspaper reports etc. I have a fulltime job teaching - I get to work each day at 5am - so long trips during the week are difficult ... THAT is not an excuse ! - I cover a lot of ground every week - if there is a game being played/ a good game between quality teams I do the best I can to be there to see it - I've always said pfloyd only goes to good games, IF pfloyd is in the cheap seats at your game YOU KNOW that you are a good team in SEOhio ... RECOGNITION does not have to be just be pfloyd ! - recognition where the kids read about what they do on the court can be done by local posters first ! THAT'S how pfloyd takes notice of the teams ... I do my best to get out and see the majority of my top 30-40 teams at least once - after about the 2nd week in January (the Beasts of the Southeast) I start revisiting the top teams not matter the division - hence I've seen Peebles 3 times, Warren 3 times, Athens 3 times, ZT 2 times, Chillicothe 4 times, Jackson 3 times etc... I like watching the best basketball I can see on any given night ... I teach at Logan High School - I've seen Logan play 3 times now - only once before last week ! - the Chiefs are not in a league , they play the majority of their season vs Columbus schools - none of which I rank ... so happens the last part of the Logan schedule is against SEO teams ... Chillcothe/Athens/Vinton Co/Warren/Sheridan/Unioto was the 1st week of the season ... I do the best I can - but I am old LOL ... there is nothing wrong with OTHERS giving their schools recognition - not just pfloyd ... the rankings are all about who a team beats, who a team plays and records - and the ones who win the most get the all important "eye test" ... with ALL of that said - just as I made an effort to go see SHAC teams this past season - I will make the effort to see more of the D4 smalls next season ... IF they get to the Convo THIS postseason - it gives them the best opportunity to get recognized NEXT season ! especially if they have a good group of returning players ...

BlindWhiteHat
SEOP

Post by BlindWhiteHat »

JC2124 wrote: Mon Feb 10, 2020 10:32 am
I know St Joe lost which was a reason they slipped in his eyes. He is the committee of one, that’s just his opinion on the district.
Not that pfloyd needs defending but I think he may have dropped Ironton St. Joe because he thought they lost to Coal Grove on Saturday when it was actually Huntington St. Joe that lost to Coal Grove as Ironton St. Joe didn't play any games last week. He has ISJ's record corrected at 13-5 but the weekly rankings were already out at that time.

As far as the discrepancy with Green, who knows? They did seem to play better during the second round of SOC play and maybe the SOC coaches took notice. The reality is, you just don't know how the coaches may vote.

LeftHanded
Freshman Team

Post by LeftHanded »

OHSAA Website has DII District Semis on Feb 29th @ 7:00 and 8:45

Tri-StateYouthSports
SEOP

LeftHanded wrote: Tue Feb 11, 2020 10:27 am OHSAA Website has DII District Semis on Feb 29th @ 7:00 and 8:45
Thanks. I updated it.

Re: 2020 Southeast ◄[District]► -- Official Seeding/Brackets (Div II, III & IV) Updates and Scores Thread

Feb 17 Games

D-II Play-In Games
@ Southeastern HS
6:15p - #16 River Valley(48) v (37)#17 Circleville
8:00p - #15 McClain(59) v (25)#18 Washington CH

D-II Bracket has been updated (Feb-17) in the original post.

Re: 2020 Southeast ◄[District]► -- Official Seeding/Brackets (Div II, III & IV) Updates and Scores Thread

Feb 17 Games

D-III Sectional Semi's
@ Jackson HS
7:00p - #16 Belpre(52) v (67)#17 Westfall

@ Waverly Downtown Arena
6:15p - #15 Piketon(42) v (38)#18 West Union
8:00p - #14 Portsmouth(54) v (49)#19 Western

D-III Bracket has been updated (Feb-17) in the original post.

Feb 18 Games

D-II Sectional Semi's
@ Southeastern HS
6:15p - #4 Unioto(45) v (38)#13 Hillsboro
8:00p - #5 Waverly(59) v (49)#12 Gallia Academy

@ Logan HS
6:15p - #3 Sheridan(43) v (53)#14 New Lexington
8:00p - #6 Athens(62) v (36)#11 Marietta

D-II Bracket has been updated (Feb-18) in the original post.
Last edited by Tri-StateYouthSports on Wed Feb 19, 2020 5:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

Feb 18 Games

D-III Sectional Semi's
@ Jackson HS
6:15p - #7 Alexander(44) v (30)#26 Rock Hill
8:00p - #9 South Point(64) v (44)#24 Southeastern

@ Waverly Downtown Arena
6:15p - #8 North Adams(66) v (42)#25 Nelsonville-York
8:00p - #10 Adena(73) v (51)#23 Lynchburg-Clay

D-III Bracket has been updated (Feb-18) in the original post.

Feb 18 Games

D-IV Sectional Semi's
@ Northwest HS
6:15p - #15 Whiteoak(65) v (59)#18 Paint Valley
8:00p - #9 Green(66) v (37)#24 Sciotoville

@ Wellston HS
6:15p - #16 Eastern (Pike)(57) v (50)#17 Clay
8:00p - #10 South Gallia(55) v (37)#23 Manchester

D-IV Bracket has been updated (Feb-18) in the original post.

Post by 93Bulldog »

Tri-StateYouthSports wrote: Tue Feb 18, 2020 10:06 pm Feb 18 Games

D-II Sectional Semi's
@ Southeastern HS

@ Logan HS
8:00p - #6 Athens(58) v (32)#11 Marietta

Athens 62, Marietta 36 was the final

JC2124
Varsity

Post by JC2124 »

93Bulldog wrote: Tue Feb 18, 2020 11:05 pm
Tri-StateYouthSports wrote: Tue Feb 18, 2020 10:06 pm Feb 18 Games

D-II Sectional Semi's
@ Southeastern HS

@ Logan HS
8:00p - #6 Athens(58) v (32)#11 Marietta

Athens 62, Marietta 36 was the final
I listened to the game, Bulldogs played well. They play like that they will make it to the Convo.

Return to “Boys Basketball”