Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio - Wk #1

Hoopie74
SEOP

Re: Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio - Wk #1

Post by Hoopie74 »

JC2124 wrote: Sun Dec 08, 2019 10:45 pm
Ironman92 wrote: Sun Dec 08, 2019 9:51 pm
JC2124 wrote: Sun Dec 08, 2019 9:43 pm

This isn’t the same old Fed Hock team. You get a chance to watch them you should. They will really get after you and have size and depth. I think the TVC Hocking is down a little too. Trimble and FH are the best of the division. They also have Peebles coming to town. That should answer some of the questions. We know how good Peebles is.
Like I said, happy they are moving forward nicely. The Hocking isn’t strong so FH being much improved should net double digit wins and go from there.

That’s a long trip for Peebles!
Oh I understand what you’re saying. Yes a very long trip. We went to their place last year. Really liked their gym. Good folks too
We enjoyed playing you all last year. I marked you guys down as a strong young group last year. Adding the quality players , put you up there in my opinion. Looking forward to the trip.The Indians are stepping out playing New Boston at home,Trimble at Trimble, Chesapeake at Chesapeake and Miami Trace at home. Indians will be tested.

wipala
Varsity

Post by wipala »

What a wonderful time of year! High School Basketball and Pfloyds rankings.
It appears this season is going to be quite a ride. Get on board, hold on tight
and get out and root for your favorite team.
Pfloyd, once again thank you for all the work
Wipala Walt, an very old Trojan in Arizona

beaverlover
SE

Post by beaverlover »

Ironman92 wrote: Sun Dec 08, 2019 8:25 pm
beaverlover wrote: Sun Dec 08, 2019 7:51 pm
mattash wrote: Sun Dec 08, 2019 5:35 pm Really nice list. I think Green will be way up from 61 when it's over and I don't think Northwest will finish last (Jan 11 v East could be battle of the bottoms)
Agree with u on Green but what happened vs Clay? That shocked me.. maybe Clay is better than I'm thinking?
Then they shouldn’t have lost to Manchester 🤷🏻‍♂️

I know absolutely 0 about Manchester other than there purple+ Eastern beat them in regional few years bk lol

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

beaverlover wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 1:03 am
Ironman92 wrote: Sun Dec 08, 2019 8:25 pm
beaverlover wrote: Sun Dec 08, 2019 7:51 pm

Agree with u on Green but what happened vs Clay? That shocked me.. maybe Clay is better than I'm thinking?
Then they shouldn’t have lost to Manchester 🤷🏻‍♂️

I know absolutely 0 about Manchester other than there purple+ Eastern beat them in regional few years bk lol
Fair, I don’t either but North Adams beat them 77-40 and NA didn’t get to 40 vs Minford or Jackson

bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

Here's my top 18 heading into Week #2. Only a few differences between pfloyd and I.

1. Chillicothe
2. Zane Trace
3. Jackson
4. Fairfield Union
5. Sheridan
6. Alexander
7. Adena
8. Unioto
9. New Boston
10. Peebles
11. Logan Elm
12. Fairland
13. Eastern Brown
14. Wheelersburg (could rise quickly)
15. Trimble
16. Chesapeake
17. Oak Hill
18. North Adams

My next 6 on the outside looking in....

Warren, South Point, Ironton, Fairfield Leesburg, Waverly, Minford
Last edited by bbjunky81 on Mon Dec 09, 2019 9:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

Watching SE Ohio basketball
bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

Here are some thoughts on a few of the teams above and why I have them where they are.

#6 Alexander - I don't feel like this team is getting enough credit. Granted, they haven't played many games yet. However they have a near 7 footer in the post, a stud point guard, and plenty of athletes around them. This team is absolutely capable of winning the D3 district title. Once they face a little more stiff competition I think the pollsters will see what I already know.

#9 New Boston and #10 Peebles - New Boston was the last team standing in D4 last year, returned a ton, and had some transfers move in. I'm absolutely on board with Peebles being the other best D4 team in SEO this year (they're loaded and superbly coached)... but New Boston deserves to be ahead of them until proven otherwise.

#11 Logan Elm - I slid them down a few because of their loss. However, it was a loss to a terrific team in Zane Trace so I only slid them a few spots down and let some undefeated teams stay ahead of them. That could change this week with many key games upcoming.

#17 Oak Hill - This is a team that could eventually crack the Top 8 of pfloyd's list. They have veteran players, a solid big man in Hammond, and Norm Persin at the helm. The SOC 2 is a little down so don't be surprised to see this Oak Hill team end up around 18-4 or 20-2 for the entire season. Norm WINS! Right now though their competition has been weak so it's hard to gauge just how solid they are until they face someone better. Tomorrow night @ Minford will be a decent test to see where they are.

#18 North Adams - I know the Waverly posters are still upset with me for having North Adams over them. North Adams finally showed up last game and blew Manchester out (even though Manchester isn't very good). They had a loss to an undisputed top 5 team in SEO in Jackson, and the only 'bad loss' is to Minford.... and we're still not sure how 'bad' that loss is as Minford could be better than we're giving them credit for. I think talent wise North Adams is a top 20 team, for sure. If they have another 'bad loss' I'm going to have to kick them out of my rankings.

BIGGEST QUESTION MARKS?

Wheelersburg and Ironton hands down... Wheelersburg finally opens up tomorrow and have had nearly a full month of practices before their 1st game (when's the last time this has happened in pirate land?). They have plenty of size and athletic ability. Truitt, McCorkle, Miller are a terrific 3 to build around and they have one of the best freshman in SEO in Sanderlin (West Portsmouth must hate to lose a kid of his ability!)

Ironton gets a really late start to the season and according to their schedule they'll open up with Africentric the 21st only to wake up and play Alexander the 22nd, both at the Ironton Classic. Wow! Brutal opening for a team who only has just over a week to practice. Fitch will have his team ready by tournament time but I see a couple growing pains early due to a new system and minimal time to install it.

Braves00
Freshman Team

Post by Braves00 »

I would have LE top 5 with one loss because they beat a WCH team that will be much improved 2nd time around and Westfall will only improve as the season goes on.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Braves00 wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 9:38 am I would have LE top 5 with one loss because they beat a WCH team that will be much improved 2nd time around and Westfall will only improve as the season goes on.
WCH? Have they even won yet?

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

bbjunky81 wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 9:23 am Here are some thoughts on a few of the teams above and why I have them where they are.

#6 Alexander - I don't feel like this team is getting enough credit. Granted, they haven't played many games yet. However they have a near 7 footer in the post, a stud point guard, and plenty of athletes around them. This team is absolutely capable of winning the D3 district title. Once they face a little more stiff competition I think the pollsters will see what I already know.

#9 New Boston and #10 Peebles - New Boston was the last team standing in D4 last year, returned a ton, and had some transfers move in. I'm absolutely on board with Peebles being the other best D4 team in SEO this year (they're loaded and superbly coached)... but New Boston deserves to be ahead of them until proven otherwise.

#11 Logan Elm - I slid them down a few because of their loss. However, it was a loss to a terrific team in Zane Trace so I only slid them a few spots down and let some undefeated teams stay ahead of them. That could change this week with many key games upcoming.

#17 Oak Hill - This is a team that could eventually crack the Top 8 of pfloyd's list. They have veteran players, a solid big man in Hammond, and Norm Persin at the helm. The SOC 2 is a little down so don't be surprised to see this Oak Hill team end up around 18-4 or 20-2 for the entire season. Norm WINS! Right now though their competition has been weak so it's hard to gauge just how solid they are until they face someone better. Tomorrow night @ Minford will be a decent test to see where they are.

#18 North Adams - I know the Waverly posters are still upset with me for having North Adams over them. North Adams finally showed up last game and blew Manchester out (even though Manchester isn't very good). They had a loss to an undisputed top 5 team in SEO in Jackson, and the only 'bad loss' is to Minford.... and we're still not sure how 'bad' that loss is as Minford could be better than we're giving them credit for. I think talent wise North Adams is a top 20 team, for sure. If they have another 'bad loss' I'm going to have to kick them out of my rankings.

BIGGEST QUESTION MARKS?

Wheelersburg and Ironton hands down... Wheelersburg finally opens up tomorrow and have had nearly a full month of practices before their 1st game (when's the last time this has happened in pirate land?). They have plenty of size and athletic ability. Truitt, McCorkle, Miller are a terrific 3 to build around and they have one of the best freshman in SEO in Sanderlin (West Portsmouth must hate to lose a kid of his ability!)

Ironton gets a really late start to the season and according to their schedule they'll open up with Africentric the 21st only to wake up and play Alexander the 22nd, both at the Ironton Classic. Wow! Brutal opening for a team who only has just over a week to practice. Fitch will have his team ready by tournament time but I see a couple growing pains early due to a new system and minimal time to install it.
All of ours are close on most of the teams. I have Alex at 9 and was jockeying them between 6-10. It’s early but I do think OH and EB are higher but agree neither has had a tough go of it yet.

bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

Braves00 wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 9:38 am I would have LE top 5 with one loss because they beat a WCH team that will be much improved 2nd time around and Westfall will only improve as the season goes on.
WCH is very, very down this year. Westfall is a mediocre team at best.

Trust me, I'm a big believer of Logan Elm and that coaching staff. They'll be a nightmare come tournament time. But for right now they're not a top 5 team.. A few quality wins could definitely catapult them up there, for sure.... but wins against Westfall and WCH are not the key wins I'm looking for.

JC2124
Varsity

Post by JC2124 »

The beauty of this list is that it creates debate. The cream will rise to the top....it always does. It’s a huge task to even come up with a list so hats off to Pfloyd.

basketball12349
Riding the Bench

Post by basketball12349 »

bbjunky81 wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 9:14 am Here's my top 18 heading into Week #2. Only a few differences between pfloyd and I.

1. Chillicothe
2. Zane Trace
3. Jackson
4. Fairfield Union
5. Sheridan
6. Alexander
7. Adena
8. Unioto
9. New Boston
10. Peebles
11. Logan Elm
12. Fairland
13. Eastern Brown
15. Trimble
16. Chesapeake
17. Oak Hill
18. North Adams

I like this list a lot. I think Alexander is in the proper spot. They have a lot of talent.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Great list, Floyd

The Dogs will be higher than 31 by seasons end

That is all.

lol

basketball12349
Riding the Bench

Also, I have some breaking news. I was watching Alexander play SE on Friday and noticed Matt Brown was not there. Went to go ask a fan and he said that Matt quit and will not be playing. I also saw that Kyler Diaugustino (the freshman) took his place and tied Terry for the game high 17 points. Won't hurt them too bad it seems.

Hoopie74
SEOP

Post by Hoopie74 »

JC2124 wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 10:48 am The beauty of this list is that it creates debate. The cream will rise to the top....it always does. It’s a huge task to even come up with a list so hats off to Pfloyd.
Pfloyd is the greatest. There is a method.

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

bbjunky81 wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 9:14 am Here's my top 18 heading into Week #2. Only a few differences between pfloyd and I.

1. Chillicothe
2. Zane Trace
3. Jackson
4. Fairfield Union
5. Sheridan
6. Alexander
7. Adena
8. Unioto
9. New Boston
10. Peebles
11. Logan Elm
12. Fairland
13. Eastern Brown
15. Trimble
16. Chesapeake
17. Oak Hill
18. North Adams

I would have LE behind Alexander but solid

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

basketball12349 wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 10:58 am Also, I have some breaking news. I was watching Alexander play SE on Friday and noticed Matt Brown was not there. Went to go ask a fan and he said that Matt quit and will not be playing. I also saw that Kyler Diaugustino (the freshman) took his place and tied Terry for the game high 17 points. Won't hurt them too bad it seems.
it absolutely hurts them.
Brown was a good player.
Losing an athlete of his caliber would hurt any team.

basketball12349
Riding the Bench

93Bulldog wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 1:23 pm
basketball12349 wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 10:58 am Also, I have some breaking news. I was watching Alexander play SE on Friday and noticed Matt Brown was not there. Went to go ask a fan and he said that Matt quit and will not be playing. I also saw that Kyler Diaugustino (the freshman) took his place and tied Terry for the game high 17 points. Won't hurt them too bad it seems.
it absolutely hurts them.
Brown was a good player.
Losing an athlete of his caliber would hurt any team.
I see where you are coming from but I think a better one took his spot.

JC2124
Varsity

Post by JC2124 »

Kyler is one of the better freshman you will see. He is gonna be a good one. Good kid too

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

pfloyd wrote: Sun Dec 08, 2019 3:54 pm Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio - Week #1

1. Chillicothe (3-0)
2. Zane Trace (3-0)
3. Jackson (2-0)
4. Fairfield Union (2-0)
5. Peebles (2-0)
6. Sheridan (3-0)
7. Eastern Brown (2-0)
8. Logan Elm (2-1)

... TreeHugger WannaBees ...

Warren (2-1)
Fairland (1-0)
New Boston (2-0)