Varsity

Re: Logan @ Unioto 12/6

Post by Big Daddy 7371 »

yes VERY PHYSICAL

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

Ironman92 wrote: Fri Dec 06, 2019 10:28 pm Listed to the 2nd half....Logan missed a ton of free throws. Were 3/12 at one point and missed about 14 total. Unioto was much better. Little hit 10 in a row in the 4th.

Little had 20 I think, 12-14 on ft. Cameron Debord 14

For Logan Frasure 9, Myers 8, Castle 12
This game was extremely physical from the tip. I know it’s easy to just tell the kids to adjust to how the game is being called but kids on both teams were getting mugged. Entire game so what happens is the more the kids get away with the more physical it gets as the game continues. So now someone has to almost die for a foul to be called. Kids can’t even move out on the court. One of the rougher high school games I’ve watched in a long time. Not sure how everyone else felt about it

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

mlittle wrote: Fri Dec 06, 2019 11:24 pm
Ironman92 wrote: Fri Dec 06, 2019 10:28 pm Listed to the 2nd half....Logan missed a ton of free throws. Were 3/12 at one point and missed about 14 total. Unioto was much better. Little hit 10 in a row in the 4th.

This game was extremely physical from the tip. I know it’s easy to just tell the kids to adjust to how the game is being called but kids on both teams were getting mugged. Entire game so what happens is the more the kids get away with the more physical it gets as the game continues. So now someone has to almost die for a foul to be called. Kids can’t even move out on the court. One of the rougher high school games I’ve watched in a long time. Not sure how everyone else felt about it
Radio crew alluded to it but didn’t harp like others are making it sound. The games I’ve watched have let a lot go except for one kid who has 6 breathing fouls on the season.

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

Ironman92 wrote: Fri Dec 06, 2019 11:27 pm
mlittle wrote: Fri Dec 06, 2019 11:24 pm

Radio crew alluded to it but didn’t harp like others are making it sound. The games I’ve watched have let a lot go except for one kid who has 6 breathing fouls on the season.
It’s much easier to talk about after a win. Sound like a complete doosher saying it after a loss. Just blatant fouls. Body fouls, 2 hands pushing, holding. Kids being hip checked out of bounds, tripped on the court. Refs standing there with their whistles in their mouths shaking their heads, no, no, no. Like they actually seen what happened. Clueless. Sorry, but this is high school basketball now and I don’t like it.

Sid Farkus
Freshman Team

Post by Sid Farkus »

mlittle wrote: Fri Dec 06, 2019 9:40 pm I hate how physical the game of basketball has gotten away from the basket. It’s just too much
I agree with this 100%. The way officials allow defenders to ride the ball handler and grab and push the ball handler is ridiculous. It wasn’t like that 20 years ago. I don’t know why they’ve let it get so bad. The high school girls’ game is even worse. Skill is not rewarded anymore, strength and size are because of the way the game is called (or not called) today.

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

Sid Farkus wrote: Sat Dec 07, 2019 12:01 am
mlittle wrote: Fri Dec 06, 2019 9:40 pm I hate how physical the game of basketball has gotten away from the basket. It’s just too much
I agree with this 100%. The way officials allow defenders to ride the ball handler and grab and push the ball handler is ridiculous. It wasn’t like that 20 years ago. I don’t know why they’ve let it get so bad. The high school girls’ game is even worse. Skill is not rewarded anymore, strength and size are because of the way the game is called (or not called) today.
If you ask the ohsaa it’s like that because parents yell at refs too much. Which by their own mouths are admitting there is a problem with the quality of officials

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

Sounds to me as if the "Little" kid is pretty good at the game of basketball. Must have gotten most of his skill from his mother.Lol

Sid Farkus
Freshman Team

Post by Sid Farkus »

I was at the game tonight and it was bad (as far as officials not calling fouls), but I saw a game last Tuesday that was worse. There are certain crews that pride themselves on not interrupting the game. Well, it ends up being a bloodbath and it’s not fun to watch or to play. Parents get angry when the chance of injury rises because of poor officiating. If they called it tighter parents would still complain, but the level of anger wouldn’t be as high.

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

Sid Farkus wrote: Sat Dec 07, 2019 12:15 am I was at the game tonight and it was bad (as far as officials not calling fouls), but I saw a game last Tuesday that was worse. There are certain crews that pride themselves on not interrupting the game. Well, it ends up being a bloodbath and it’s not fun to watch or to play. Parents get angry when the chance of injury rises because of poor officiating. If they called it tighter parents would still complain, but the level of anger wouldn’t be as high.
Yea, you’re not gonna make everyone happy. Just clean the game up for crying out loud. Two hands on the ball handler is a foul as soon as the second hand makes contact. Feel bad for the Meyers kid. He got murdered on a shot under the basket (no call) and looked like he got hurt. He came back in but was a bit hobbled

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

VetteMan wrote: Sat Dec 07, 2019 12:12 am Sounds to me as if the "Little" kid is pretty good at the game of basketball. Must have gotten most of his skill from his mother.Lol
He’s had a decent start to the season. Tonight was rough

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

I went to the Oak Hill-Northwest game tonight at Oak Hill. Oak Hill had 8 fouls called on them in the first half. 2 starters with 3 fouls apiece and the other starter with 2 fouls. OH won the game from the get-go, and it was a very physical game. I've watched quite a bit of basketball over the years, but I have never ever seen 1 team play 3 Qtr and not have 1 foul called on them. I think that they may have ended up with 2 or 3 fouls late in the 4th Qtr when a couple kids got mugged going in for a layup. Funny thing is that both teams played the 3rd Otr without a foul being called. Not blaming the officals, it's a very hard job I know. Kids on the floor all night, either getting knocked down or pulled down. As someone posted earlier about never having seen certain officals before, I go to quite a few Ironmen, Rockets, and Oaks games from time to time,even know a few by name, but I had never seen these 3 before. I think that if the game had not been a blow-out from the start, the reaction from the fans would have been quite a bit different.

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

Sorry, didn't mean to hijack this thread, forgot witch thread I was on.

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

VetteMan wrote: Sat Dec 07, 2019 1:00 am Sorry, didn't mean to hijack this thread, forgot witch thread I was on.
You can hijack my thread anytime you want

cbolt
SEOP

Post by cbolt »

Not mentioning any names on here but the Logan radio guys said one Unioto player had a really bad attitude. They were also talking about how rough the game was on both sides. I am afraid somebody will get really hurt if they keep letting the rough play happen.

chiefs76
Riding the Bench

Post by chiefs76 »

The Logan basketball team needs to visit the weight room. Unioto was simply just more physical. I hope we move on quickly and get better each night out..

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

cbolt wrote: Sat Dec 07, 2019 5:48 am Not mentioning any names on here but the Logan radio guys said one Unioto player had a really bad attitude. They were also talking about how rough the game was on both sides. I am afraid somebody will get really hurt if they keep letting the rough play happen.

I wasn’t listening but did they mention the part where a Logan fan yelled out of the stands and called that player a stud after he got fouled toward the end of the game?

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

mlittle wrote: Sat Dec 07, 2019 8:31 am
cbolt wrote: Sat Dec 07, 2019 5:48 am Not mentioning any names on here but the Logan radio guys said one Unioto player had a really bad attitude. They were also talking about how rough the game was on both sides. I am afraid somebody will get really hurt if they keep letting the rough play happen.

I wasn’t listening but did they mention the part where a Logan fan yelled out of the stands and called that player a stud after he got fouled toward the end of the game?
Ok, who edited my post, Lolol

Tigerhawk123
Waterboy

Post by Tigerhawk123 »

Yes, basketball is meant to be a finesse game; but I encourage folks to take the class and get your license. There is a shortage of officials now. These guys make about $65 for a varsity game and $30 for a lower level game if you are wondering.

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

That’s way too much for some

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

Tigerhawk123 wrote: Sat Dec 07, 2019 10:41 am Yes, basketball is meant to be a finesse game; but I encourage folks to take the class and get your license. There is a shortage of officials now. These guys make about $65 for a varsity game and $30 for a lower level game if you are wondering.
65$ for 90 minutes of work is very good . I get what your saying , feel free to get your license ...bla bla bla. The fact is many people are saying the same things about the game being to physical , probably some validity to it .

Return to “Boys Basketball”