Best Cheer Block in SEO?

_BlackBeard_
Waterboy

Best Cheer Block in SEO?

Post by _BlackBeard_ »

Thoughts?

trojandave
SEOP
Location: Portsmouth HS--15 State Appearances in Boys Basketball--4th All Time in Ohio

Re: Best Cheer Block in SEO?

Post by trojandave »

Cheer blocks aren't as significant as they used to be due to so many kids preoccupied with their phones. It seems too like the cheer blocks are getting smaller and smaller in the regular season. Since the question was asked, though, I would say that at Wheelersburg's gym, the students sit behind the backboard and have pretty good spirit. It's a unique setup.

Cheer blocks are good in number at the Convo, but I have seen some there that don't make much noise at all.
Last edited by trojandave on Tue Nov 19, 2019 11:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

transplant
SE

Post by transplant »

Most are probably afraid they will get in trouble if they say the wrong thing or wear something to offend someone. But over the years I would have to say that Wheelersburg is always good followed by Portsmouth. Some other schools have good student sections here and there, but Burg and Portsmouth seem to have good numbers year in and year out. Valley is a close third.

trojandave
SEOP
Location: Portsmouth HS--15 State Appearances in Boys Basketball--4th All Time in Ohio

Post by trojandave »

Portsmouth is good one year and not very good the next, I think the key for a cheer block is to have an outgoing personality being the leader.

I thought last season Portsmouth had a really good cheer block, considering how much the team struggled.

transplant
SE

Post by transplant »

I agree, def need to have an outgoing personality leading the group. Some classes have that person, some do not.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

I always thought Alexander has the best student section

bigburgboy
Riding the Bench

Post by bigburgboy »

Burg with it's setup can be be somewhat intimidating for an opposing player, especially when the kids continue with their antics.

_BlackBeard_
Waterboy

Post by _BlackBeard_ »

Yeah I agree that burg's block is the most intimidating for opposing teams.

Mad-Dogg
SEOP
Location: Wheelersburg Oh home of the 2x State Champs, 8x Regional Champs and 34x SOC Div 2 Champs

Post by Mad-Dogg »

The burg has one of the best I’ve seen. Especially now with the new school and the opponent has to shoot at them two of the four quarters. That can be pretty intimidating

It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It's the size of the fight in the dog. (D Jay on Hustle & Flow)

Fearless Bold Tough
We Are The Storm
Make It Rain
Reach Higher
Power Of One
Respect The W
Be The Best

Return to “Boys Basketball”