1%
Wheelersburg
48%

Total votes: 85

bbjunky81
SEO

Re: SOC2 2019-20

Post by bbjunky81 »

I know Valley is young but I thought this would be the year they turn the corner some.... It’s still early in the season, but their first 2 games doesn’t seem to be showing much positive.

Watching SE Ohio basketball
SwankerPine
Riding the Bench

Post by SwankerPine »

looking rough for Valley early 0-2

They’ll pull some upsets as they usually do.

How do y’all think Burg will handle opening the season 2 weeks behind everyone?

Crab's Brother
SEO

Post by Crab's Brother »

bbjunky81 wrote: Sun Dec 01, 2019 8:49 am I know Valley is young but I thought this would be the year they turn the corner some.... It’s still early in the season, but their first 2 games doesn’t seem to be showing much positive.
Valley is going to be playing 3 freshmen huge minutes. Not sure why this year would be the year they "turned the corner some".

Proud_Pirate63
S

Post by Proud_Pirate63 »

Burg is used to getting in the gym late due to football playoffs. I think they will be good. Decent to good length, quick, athletic, good perimeter shooting. I think they will be their most dangerous if allowed to get out in run. Plenty of capable players on the bench for fresh legs. I’m sure a lot of people are wondering how they will be post-Holden.

rxburgfan
All State

Post by rxburgfan »

SwankerPine wrote: Sun Dec 01, 2019 4:46 pm looking rough for Valley early 0-2

They’ll pull some upsets as they usually do.

How do y’all think Burg will handle opening the season 2 weeks behind everyone?
They will roll into midseason form end of January and probably make a good tourney run. The delay sets them back but tourney time they are ready to play.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

Crab's Brother wrote: Sun Dec 01, 2019 6:29 pm
bbjunky81 wrote: Sun Dec 01, 2019 8:49 am I know Valley is young but I thought this would be the year they turn the corner some.... It’s still early in the season, but their first 2 games doesn’t seem to be showing much positive.
Valley is going to be playing 3 freshmen huge minutes. Not sure why this year would be the year they "turned the corner some".
Crab's Brother, am I correct in saying that Valley lost 6-6 Chase Clark to transfer? (went to New Boston) ... THAT in itself is a big hit losing a 6-6, active body in the paint ! ...

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

Post by The Ghost of Swanker »

NB had a 6’6 or 6’7 boy traveling with them at previews but wasn’t dressed...

Beatin the brakes off em in the thunderdome
Game count 2023 : 54
Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Swanker Pine wrote: Sun Dec 01, 2019 9:44 pm NB had a 6’6 or 6’7 boy traveling with them at previews but wasn’t dressed...
Naked? Ew

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

No dignity over there in the the village I tell ya

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

Got logged back into my old account btw.
Happy ten year anniversary to me 12/2/09 😂

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

Ironman92 wrote: Sun Dec 01, 2019 10:13 pm
Swanker Pine wrote: Sun Dec 01, 2019 9:44 pm NB had a 6’6 or 6’7 boy traveling with them at previews but wasn’t dressed...
Naked? Ew
If I didn't know better, I'd think that you've been hanging around mlittle. Lol

Crab's Brother
SEO

Post by Crab's Brother »

pfloyd wrote: Sun Dec 01, 2019 9:11 pm
Crab's Brother, am I correct in saying that Valley lost 6-6 Chase Clark to transfer? (went to New Boston) ... THAT in itself is a big hit losing a 6-6, active body in the paint ! ...
That is correct.

bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

Very simple.

A.) The league is down compared to years past
B.) Valley did graduate some important seniors but they have some talent in the younger grades and 2 guys who started each game last year
C.) Valley typically doesn't stay down long, in the past they always rebuilt within a few years.
D.) I think Horton does a good job with his kids as evidenced in his 1st season last year.

Didn't think they'd be world beaters by any stretch of the imagination, just improved that's all.

bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

I saw Clark had 4 points in the opening game for New Boston so not sure why he was out for Previews. Where did Deon Jones come from? Don't remember that name from last year.

Crab's Brother
SEO

Post by Crab's Brother »

bbjunky81 wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 9:21 am
Very simple.

B.) Valley did graduate some important seniors but they have some talent in the younger grades and 2 guys who started each game last year
C.) Valley typically doesn't stay down long, in the past they always rebuilt within a few years.
D.) I think Horton does a good job with his kids as evidenced in his 1st season last year.

Didn't think they'd be world beaters by any stretch of the imagination, just improved that's all.
Valley's Jr class is now basically down to a few players. The best of the bunch left for New Boston. The best pure athlete in the class hasn't played since his freshman year. The senior class has two kids that have played a lot of minutes but another would be 3 year varsity player chose not to play.

When Valley has rebuilt "within a few years" it is because there was still talent playing. At this point, most of that talent has moved on or no longer playing basketball for whatever reason.

The Indians are going to struggle this season, but the talent is coming.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

Coach Horton DOES an excellent job! I was very impressed with him courtside last season ... all good coaches need talent to win - will the players currently playing for the Indians learn the game, become better players? absolutely - Coach Horton will see to that ... but to win you need the talent to be varsity level talent - tough place to be in when the talent decides not to play ( ie. McClain has 2 starters from last years team decide not to play this season) ... I wish Coach Horton the best this season !

bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

Crab's Brother wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 12:34 pm

Very simple.

Valley's Jr class is now basically down to a few players. The best of the bunch left for New Boston. The best pure athlete in the class hasn't played since his freshman year. The senior class has two kids that have played a lot of minutes but another would be 3 year varsity player chose not to play.

When Valley has rebuilt "within a few years" it is because there was still talent playing. At this point, most of that talent has moved on or no longer playing basketball for whatever reason.

Thanks for the clarification on all of that. I was not knocking Horton, like I said I really think he does a good job with his kids. Valley doesn't stay down long, they always seem to put together really solid teams and with them on the cusp of being D4 (maybe they even are D4 I can't remember), they can become a D4 powerhouse with what the freshman and 8th grade classes have.

Crab's Brother
SEO

Post by Crab's Brother »

bbjunky81 wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 1:13 pm
Crab's Brother wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 12:34 pm

Very simple.

Thanks for the clarification on all of that. I was not knocking Horton, like I said I really think he does a good job with his kids. Valley doesn't stay down long, they always seem to put together really solid teams and with them on the cusp of being D4 (maybe they even are D4 I can't remember), they can become a D4 powerhouse with what the freshman and 8th grade classes have.
Valley is D4 (Smaller than Western now) and they will be poised to make deep runs with the talent that is coming. Good times on the horizon.

transplant
SE

Post by transplant »

If Valley was able to keep the players that left the district, this year would be a different story. But what can you do. Hope Horton can get them rolling. Def good time on the horizon. Hoping to make it over and watch them some this year.

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

So valley is D4 this year?

Return to “Boys Basketball”