Freshman Team

Re: SVC PREDICTIONS

Post by Nipgencounty »

Cordale Grubb was the PV freshman. PV's next 1k scorer

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

Nipgencounty wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 6:50 pm Cordale Grubb was the PV freshman. PV's next 1k scorer
Guessing Newland will get there first

Nipgencounty
Freshman Team

Post by Nipgencounty »

Yes. He's about 90 away

se-alum
All Conference

Post by se-alum »

AnkleBraces wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 12:58 pm ZT - TOO MUCH TALENT AND EXPERIENCE
UNIOTO - ADDING WHEELER AND GOOD DEPTH
ADENA - LOSING FOUT AND FOGLESONG WILL HURT - WELL COACHED THOUGH - IF THEY WON THE LEAGUE I WOULDNT BE SURPRISED
PIKETON - WILL COMPETE EVERY NIGHT - JUST DEPENDS IF THEY HAVE THE SCORING- EXPECT BIG SEASONS FROM CHANDLER AND GULLION
PV - NEWLAND HEALTH WILL DETERMINE RECORD - COULD BE AS HIGH AS 3RD
WF - GOOD SOPHOMORE CLASS - LEMASTER IS VERY UNDERRATED ATHLETE WHO MIGHT SHINE WITH NEW COACHING STAFF
SE - EXPECTING THE SUCCESS FROM FOOTBALL TO CAUSE THEM TO SLIDE A LITTLE
HUNTINGTON - VERY YOUNG TEAM - WILL COMPETE BUT MIGHT LACK CONSISTENCY
I expect a much improved SE team. They had some opportunities last year, and didn't finish games. The have a very nice Sophomore class, and Adams will get the most out of the team.

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

se-alum wrote: Wed Oct 30, 2019 4:03 pm
AnkleBraces wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 12:58 pm ZT - TOO MUCH TALENT AND EXPERIENCE
UNIOTO - ADDING WHEELER AND GOOD DEPTH
ADENA - LOSING FOUT AND FOGLESONG WILL HURT - WELL COACHED THOUGH - IF THEY WON THE LEAGUE I WOULDNT BE SURPRISED
PIKETON - WILL COMPETE EVERY NIGHT - JUST DEPENDS IF THEY HAVE THE SCORING- EXPECT BIG SEASONS FROM CHANDLER AND GULLION
PV - NEWLAND HEALTH WILL DETERMINE RECORD - COULD BE AS HIGH AS 3RD
WF - GOOD SOPHOMORE CLASS - LEMASTER IS VERY UNDERRATED ATHLETE WHO MIGHT SHINE WITH NEW COACHING STAFF
SE - EXPECTING THE SUCCESS FROM FOOTBALL TO CAUSE THEM TO SLIDE A LITTLE
HUNTINGTON - VERY YOUNG TEAM - WILL COMPETE BUT MIGHT LACK CONSISTENCY
I expect a much improved SE team. They had some opportunities last year, and didn't finish games. The have a very nice Sophomore class, and Adams will get the most out of the team.
I felt like SE had way too much talent to have had the season they did last year. They should’ve won 12-13 games. I do think they take a step back this year tho. Rumors of ruby not playing are picking up traction and losing wheeler really hurt them. Even with a strong sophomore class they’ll struggle to score if Ruby doesn’t play. Guessing they’ll end up at the bottom half

Big Daddy 7371
Varsity

Post by Big Daddy 7371 »

was told today ruby wasnt playing giving it about 70% true

KRS
JV Team

Post by KRS »

Best of luck to Coach Adams at Southeastern. Has a young nucleus to build around and surely doesn't want anyone on the team that does not want to be there. The young kids competed last season and I expect nothing but the same this season. No predictions just improve through out the season.

svc_guy
Freshman Team

Re: SVC 2019-20

Post by svc_guy »

ZT - Runs away with it.
Adena - Could be dangerous to ZT but need to see who will step up to replace Fout as he was a clear leader last year.
Unioto/Piketon/PV/WF - Any order you want. All have holes I expect them to beat up on each other.
SE - Young with potential with a new coach should be interesting to see how they develop.
Huntington - Experience will be the issue with them but its always tough to play on their court.

Good luck to all the teams.

ItsMyOpinion
Varsity

Post by ItsMyOpinion »

Zane Trace should win the Gold Ball this year. Great size and length. Provided the outstanding PT Guard stays healthy it should be a great year for ZT.

football life
Freshman Team

Post by football life »

I look for ZT to win it, but not the gold ball. Adena gets them once.

Will Uniotos starting lineup include anyone who went to Unioto middle school? :)

HamPorter
All Conference

Post by HamPorter »

football life wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 1:24 pm I look for ZT to win it, but not the gold ball. Adena gets them once.

Will Uniotos starting lineup include anyone who went to Unioto middle school? :)
Yes, 3-4 starters went there in middle school. Maybe not elementary school though

Side note: how many of ZT’s starters have been at ZT for their school lives? The answer is one.
Last edited by HamPorter on Mon Nov 18, 2019 6:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

HamPorter
All Conference

Post by HamPorter »

ZT wins the league. If they make it through December undefeated, then they’ll win another gold ball.

Adena has 2 huge holes to replace, but the talent to do so.

I don’t see it with Piketon and Westfall being top half yet. PV could get to 3rd if Newland is healthy, not much depth until the freshmen probe to be ready.

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

svc_guy wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 6:27 am ZT - Runs away with it.
Adena - Could be dangerous to ZT but need to see who will step up to replace Fout as he was a clear leader last year.
Unioto/Piketon/PV/WF - Any order you want. All have holes I expect them to beat up on each other.
SE - Young with potential with a new coach should be interesting to see how they develop.
Huntington - Experience will be the issue with them but its always tough to play on their court.

ZT had a couple close calls last year. They could run the table again this year but I think Unioto and Adena are giving them all they can handle. IMO the top 3 in Adena Unioto ZT are light years from the bottom 5. Huge separation after the top 3.

svc_guy
Freshman Team

Post by svc_guy »

mlittle wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 3:55 pm

ZT had a couple close calls last year. They could run the table again this year but I think Unioto and Adena are giving them all they can handle. IMO the top 3 in Adena Unioto ZT are light years from the bottom 5. Huge separation after the top 3.
As I said Adena might have the combination to do this. The problem I have with Unioto is they do not have the go to player on their team when they need a big bucket. What can make them good also is why they seem to have issues getting over the top. Lots of players who are very similar in skill level but no one that is "the guy". Light years might be the biggest overstatement I have seen on this thread. I like your passion but sometimes you say things that are somewhat out of touch because of your passion for your son and team. That being said, good luck to them and we will see where it all plays out.

Big Daddy 7371
Varsity

Post by Big Daddy 7371 »

So I guess everyone is going with there heart
With ZT possibility of not having Nesser ACL Davidson ankle surgery for December It will be hard for them to go undefeated without them 2 they will be back just don’t know when

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

svc_guy wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 5:15 am

As I said Adena might have the combination to do this. The problem I have with Unioto is they do not have the go to player on their team when they need a big bucket. What can make them good also is why they seem to have issues getting over the top. Lots of players who are very similar in skill level but no one that is "the guy". Light years might be the biggest overstatement I have seen on this thread. I like your passion but sometimes you say things that are somewhat out of touch because of your passion for your son and team. That being said, good luck to them and we will see where it all plays out.
If Unioto doesn’t have “that guy” nobody in the league does but ZT.

In my opinion PV could be right there without the injury to Newland. Really just depends on how he heals and how soon he can get back to form.

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

svc_guy wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 5:15 am

With the injury to Newland it just drops off after Unioto in my opinion. And I’m not basing that off last years results or bias towards my son. Im basing it off who is returning for those teams. I know I can be a goof at times but by the end of the season if Unioto and Adena both stay healthy I believe they will separate themselves along with ZT from the rest of the league. Not really that far fetched

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

Big Daddy 7371 wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 1:38 pm So I guess everyone is going with there heart
With ZT possibility of not having Nesser ACL Davidson ankle surgery for December It will be hard for them to go undefeated without them 2 they will be back just don’t know when
Call it being unrealistic or biased or whatever anyone wants to call it but I do believe Unioto has that guy in Little. It’s gonna take a while for him to adjust from football but I watched him make huge improvements over the summer and I think he’s ready to take that next step. Wheeler also had a great summer and am looking forward to watching him play along with the Debord’s, Lambert’s and any other sets of twins that we have.

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

mlittle wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 2:00 pm
Big Daddy 7371 wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 1:38 pm So I guess everyone is going with there heart
Call it being unrealistic or biased or whatever anyone wants to call it but I do believe Unioto has that guy in Little. It’s gonna take a while for him to adjust from football but I watched him make huge improvements over the summer and I think he’s ready to take that next step. Wheeler also had a great summer and am looking forward to watching him play along with the Debord’s, Lambert’s and any other sets of twins that we have.
I told you that I was going to take you at your word this past football season, can I be confident enough to be able to do the same this basketball season ? Lol

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

VetteMan wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 4:17 pm
mlittle wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 2:00 pm
I told you that I was going to take you at your word this past football season, can I be confident enough to be able to do the same this basketball season ? Lol
I’ll sign the back and you can take it straight to the bank!

Return to “Boys Basketball”