Favorite Traditions During Basketball Season

Basketball:30
Riding the Bench

Favorite Traditions During Basketball Season

Post by Basketball:30 »

It is almost that special time of the year, where the round-ball gets tossed out and we enjoy what is Southern Ohio basketball. While I do love football, this is by far my favorite time of the year.

What are some of your favorite traditions during basketball season? Not talking about a specific team/school, just in general. For me, it has to be riding in a car with friends to a Friday night game, smelling the fresh popcorn out of the concessions, and stopping for wings/beer on the way home.

trojandave
SEOP
Location: Portsmouth HS--15 State Appearances in Boys Basketball--4th All Time in Ohio

Re: Favorite Traditions During Basketball Season

Post by trojandave »

Basketball season is my favorite time of the year, and a tradition of mine is to wear my Trojan polo shirt( I have a red one and a blue one) with all the years (15) we have made the state tournament. I used to wear a baseball style cap with the same info, but my head would get too hot so I gave the hat up. I always enjoy it when I go to a road game and am are allowed to carry concessions into the gym......especially a Mountain Dew.

Always look forward to watching my Portsmouth Trojans, but I also try to see some games with no rooting interest when the Trojans aren't playing.

Riding the Bench

trojandave wrote: Wed Oct 23, 2019 1:07 pm Basketball season is my favorite time of the year, and a tradition of mine is to wear my Trojan polo shirt( I have a red one and a blue one) with all the years (15) we have made the state tournament. I used to wear a baseball style cap with the same info, but my head would get too hot so I gave the hat up. I always enjoy it when I go to a road game and am are allowed to carry concessions into the gym......especially a Mountain Dew.

Always look forward to watching my Portsmouth Trojans, but I also try to see some games with no rooting interest when the Trojans aren't playing.
Basketball popcorn and a Mt.Dew is a hard combination to beat.

I have always enjoyed coming to games at Portsmouth and seeing all the history in the hallways of the school. My only complaint about the gym is the dim lighting.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio ... twizzlers & a water ... napkin stats ... hoops talk in the Cheap Seats ... ALL traditions in SEO Below the Lancaster-Dixon Line just sayin' ...

mattash
Site Admin

Post by mattash »

My fav thing is waiting on Pfloyds elite 8 and recaps

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
Riding the Bench

I, too, enjoy PFloyd's rundowns of each game. I am excited for this season as I believe there is no clear-cut frontrunner in most of the conferences.

Prince
Riding the Bench

Post by Prince »

Going to the RIBBER if heading to Burg or PHS.

Riding the Bench

The season is almost here! I can already smell the popcorn!

TheMarchingCavalier
Waterboy

Post by TheMarchingCavalier »

One of my favorite memories at Chillicothe was going LIGHTS OUT pregame before playing Unioto. Don't know if they do it anymore, but it brought a big game feel to a traditionally big game for both schools. I'd love to see it for the Jackson rivalry, but nothing beats Chillicothe/Unioto in Ross County!

Marching Band is a real sport!

Return to “Boys Basketball”