Piketon Tip Off Classic 11/30

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Piketon Tip Off Classic 11/30

Post by pfloyd »

Just looked up the lineup for this early season get together to tip off the season...

Piketon Tip Off Classic

4:30 ... Glenwood vs Southeastern

6:15 ... Waverly vs Warren

8:00 ... Piketon vs Whiteoak

... good chance to see a talented Glenwood Tiger squad, both Waverly and Warren are quality teams this coming season ... want to see Piketon under their new leadership vs a very very quick Whiteoak team ... should be a great day of games !!!

... pfloyd WILL BE there !!!

chef_piketon
JV Team

Re: Piketon Tip Off Classic 11/30

Post by chef_piketon »

Plan to chat with you PFloyd. I've got more time nowadays. See ya there at The Oven.
Last edited by chef_piketon on Tue Oct 22, 2019 6:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

chef_piketon wrote: Wed Oct 09, 2019 3:34 pm Plan to chat with you PFloyd. I've got more time nowadays. See ya there at The Oven.
... I look forward to it chef_piketon !!!

chef_piketon
JV Team

Post by chef_piketon »

It’s great to be back at Piketon.

gle300
Riding the Bench

Post by gle300 »

It will be interesting to see how warren does in this. Waverly is a good squad. The other games should be good ones as well.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

pfloyd wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2019 2:11 pm Just looked up the lineup for this early season get together to tip off the season...

Piketon Tip Off Classic

4:30 ... Glenwood vs Southeastern

6:15 ... Waverly vs Warren

8:00 ... Piketon vs Whiteoak

... good chance to see a talented Glenwood Tiger squad, both Waverly and Warren are quality teams this coming season ... want to see Piketon under their new leadership vs a very very quick Whiteoak team ... should be a great day of games !!!

... pfloyd WILL BE there !!!
Looks like this one is set !!! teams/games are solid opening games across the board ! looking forward to making my way to the Oven on Saturday the 30th !!!

bigblue52
Freshman Team

Post by bigblue52 »

I heard the Warren boys are fired up to play in this. Look for Dennis and Chevalier to lead the way from the perimeter.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

Will Waverly still be playing in this one? Much of Waverly’s team played football and will have less than two weeks with these players to get ready.
These football players need a few days to rest, heal up, etc.
Thoughts? Hearing talk about it?

HamPorter
All Conference

Post by HamPorter »

I hope that teams around the state that make it to week 12 don’t push back their season openers. You have 2 weeks, rest/heal while learning the offenses and getting back to speed in the first week and get things going in the 2nd. Boom, you’re ready to play

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

Less than a week away !!! Waverly, Warren, New Boston Glenwood ALL looking to lay claim to being an Elite 8 TEAM this season ... Warren - a work in progress - losing one of the best players/PG's in SEOhio for the season in Seth Dennis , continued thoughts and prayers going out to Seth & Family for a complete recovery ... the Warriors of Coach Maddox needing to find perimeter scoring, will have to replace the quickness with TEAM pressure D , I look for the BIGS to step up/show more aggressive play at the offensive end (all of the inside development by Coach Mitchem with the bigs will come to the forefront imo) ... New Boston - Coach Cox's Tigers bring back 4 of their 5 starters from last season while gaining LOTS of depth/size with incoming transfers ... THIS years Tigers are STILL YOUNG !!! only 3 seniors (starter Marcus Saunders) !!! and none of the seniors are named Grady Jackson,Tanner Voiers, Kyle Sexton, Jerome McKinley ... Tigers looking to get the chemistry going between the old and the new, finding roles, working out the rotations as the Tigers go 8,9,10 deep now ... Waverly - lots of quickness, need to replace the likes of Cody Remington/Easton Wolfe/ Cobe Marquez/Ethan Dunn ... not an easy task! ... Trey Robertson (outstanding PG/2 guard), Tanner Smallwood as the big, Hayd'n Shanks/Will Futhey/Mark Stulley et al looking to fill roles ... looking forward to see how Coach Robertson meshes the new mix of talent with much of the talent underclassmen - Robertson/Stulley/Futhey (10) ... Shanks/Wise/Wheeler (11) ... Smallwood providing the senior leadership ...

I'm ready !!! let's do it !!!

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

pfloyd wrote: Sun Nov 24, 2019 10:53 am Less than a week away !!! Waverly, Warren, New Boston Glenwood ALL looking to lay claim to being an Elite 8 TEAM this season ... Warren - a work in progress - losing one of the best players/PG's in SEOhio for the season in Seth Dennis , continued thoughts and prayers going out to Seth & Family for a complete recovery ... the Warriors of Coach Maddox needing to find perimeter scoring, will have to replace the quickness with TEAM pressure D , I look for the BIGS to step up/show more aggressive play at the offensive end (all of the inside development by Coach Mitchem with the bigs will come to the forefront imo) ... New Boston - Coach Cox's Tigers bring back 4 of their 5 starters from last season while gaining LOTS of depth/size with incoming transfers ... THIS years Tigers are STILL YOUNG !!! only 3 seniors (starter Marcus Saunders) !!! and none of the seniors are named Grady Jackson,Tanner Voiers, Kyle Sexton, Jerome McKinley ... Tigers looking to get the chemistry going between the old and the new, finding roles, working out the rotations as the Tigers go 8,9,10 deep now ... Waverly - lots of quickness, need to replace the likes of Cody Remington/Easton Wolfe/ Cobe Marquez/Ethan Dunn ... not an easy task! ... Trey Robertson (outstanding PG/2 guard), Tanner Smallwood as the big, Hayd'n Shanks/Will Futhey/Mark Stulley et al looking to fill roles ... looking forward to see how Coach Robertson meshes the new mix of talent with much of the talent underclassmen - Robertson/Stulley/Futhey (10) ... Shanks/Wise/Wheeler (11) ... Smallwood providing the senior leadership ...

Shanks will miss the season due to upcoming surgery to repair the torn ACL.
Waverly has potential to be good but several players are nursing injuries and a few just got done playing 12 weeks of football.
It will take the Tigers a few weeks to see what they actually have.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

smurray wrote: Sun Nov 24, 2019 7:52 pm
pfloyd wrote: Sun Nov 24, 2019 10:53 am Less than a week away !!! Waverly, Warren, New Boston Glenwood ALL looking to lay claim to being an Elite 8 TEAM this season ... Warren - a work in progress - losing one of the best players/PG's in SEOhio for the season in Seth Dennis , continued thoughts and prayers going out to Seth & Family for a complete recovery ... the Warriors of Coach Maddox needing to find perimeter scoring, will have to replace the quickness with TEAM pressure D , I look for the BIGS to step up/show more aggressive play at the offensive end (all of the inside development by Coach Mitchem with the bigs will come to the forefront imo) ... New Boston - Coach Cox's Tigers bring back 4 of their 5 starters from last season while gaining LOTS of depth/size with incoming transfers ... THIS years Tigers are STILL YOUNG !!! only 3 seniors (starter Marcus Saunders) !!! and none of the seniors are named Grady Jackson,Tanner Voiers, Kyle Sexton, Jerome McKinley ... Tigers looking to get the chemistry going between the old and the new, finding roles, working out the rotations as the Tigers go 8,9,10 deep now ... Waverly - lots of quickness, need to replace the likes of Cody Remington/Easton Wolfe/ Cobe Marquez/Ethan Dunn ... not an easy task! ... Trey Robertson (outstanding PG/2 guard), Tanner Smallwood as the big, Hayd'n Shanks/Will Futhey/Mark Stulley et al looking to fill roles ... looking forward to see how Coach Robertson meshes the new mix of talent with much of the talent underclassmen - Robertson/Stulley/Futhey (10) ... Shanks/Wise/Wheeler (11) ... Smallwood providing the senior leadership ...

Waverly has potential to be good but several players are nursing injuries and a few just got done playing 12 weeks of football.
smurray - thanks for the update on the Tiger side of the scorebook ... hate that Shanks is done - he's a quality player for Waverly - going to be missed for sure imo ...

MasterOfNone
All Conference

Post by MasterOfNone »

pfloyd wrote: Mon Nov 25, 2019 5:59 pm
smurray wrote: Sun Nov 24, 2019 7:52 pm

smurray - thanks for the update on the Tiger side of the scorebook ... hate that Shanks is done - he's a quality player for Waverly - going to be missed for sure imo ...
Add Stulley to the injured list as well, his season may be over before it even got to begin. Waverly will struggle Saturday night...

toast
All State

Post by toast »

"Add Stulley to the injured list as well, his season may be over before it even got to begin. Waverly will struggle Saturday night..."

What a shame. He does such a nice job distributing the ball and brings relentless pressure on defense. What a nightmare with all the injuries before the season even starts.

Only thing the Tigers can do is keep a positive attitude and show up and play hard. They will get better as the season progresses and hopefully we'll get some kids back at some point.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

toast wrote: Tue Nov 26, 2019 7:39 pm "Add Stulley to the injured list as well, his season may be over before it even got to begin. Waverly will struggle Saturday night..."

What a shame. He does such a nice job distributing the ball and brings relentless pressure on defense. What a nightmare with all the injuries before the season even starts.

Only thing the Tigers can do is keep a positive attitude and show up and play hard. They will get better as the season progresses and hopefully we'll get some kids back at some point.
Stulley should be back 6-8 weeks.
Waverly needs to bring up some from the Jr. High. I hear the younger Robertson is a beast. Maybe bring back the draft.

Hoopie74
SEOP

Post by Hoopie74 »

I'm heading up rt 32 tomorrow from Peebles tomorrow to check things out. Made that trip for 35 years to the Atomic plant to work. The old car knows it's way on its own.

Hoopie74
SEOP

Post by Hoopie74 »

Didn't make it there How did things go.

Hoopie74
SEOP

Post by Hoopie74 »

Hoopie74 wrote: Fri Nov 29, 2019 10:14 pm Didn't make it there How did things go.
My bad, they don't play till tomorrow. Haha!

mattash
Site Admin

Post by mattash »

Lol go tomorrow

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
Hoopie74
SEOP

Post by Hoopie74 »

mattash wrote: Fri Nov 29, 2019 10:29 pmLol go tomorrow
Can't make it Saturday. I guess with retirement your ability to read dates leaves ya. I will be watching for updates. Safe travels all.

Return to “Boys Basketball”