SEOP

Re: Zach Loveday - Commitment Announcement

Post by Geronimo »

NBA ? WOW

sandstorm23
Freshman Team

Post by sandstorm23 »

Ironman92 wrote: Fri Nov 08, 2019 5:33 pm Anything but congratulations is kinda ridiculous.

Big congrats to Zach
You’re just happy your team doesn’t have to deal with him as an opponent.

CGFAN#1
Freshman Team

Post by CGFAN#1 »

Nothing but respect. So few players in SE Ohio have D1 offers and so few in general make the NBA. All that is important at this moment is he worked hard to earn a fully paid education and the honor to play basketball. Big congrats from this fan. Best of Luck this season and in the future.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

sandstorm23 wrote: Fri Nov 08, 2019 11:20 pm
Ironman92 wrote: Fri Nov 08, 2019 5:33 pm Anything but congratulations is kinda ridiculous.

Big congrats to Zach
You’re just happy your team doesn’t have to deal with him as an opponent.
I could care less about that. I prefer he still be at GA and we face him. I would love to see it.

Geronimo
SEOP

Post by Geronimo »

Don't under stand ! But not playing at prep or not much, will set his first year at Baylor or very little play time the first year ! Then jump to the NBA after 2 years ? NBA is a aminal! JMO stay in school for the free education.

HamPorter
All Conference

Post by HamPorter »

sandstorm23 wrote: Fri Nov 08, 2019 4:01 pm
mlittle wrote: Fri Nov 08, 2019 3:38 pm
sandstorm23 wrote: Fri Nov 08, 2019 11:36 am Loveday is still at Huntington Prep, but he is barely getting any playing time or shots. Maybe he's improving in practice against this teammates, but it's not translating to the games thus far. I wish him all of the luck, but it appears this experiment hasn't panned out quite like he expected. I think I read some interview he did awhile back and he said he thought he would be in college 2 years before going to the NBA.....as Jalen Rose would say "Not gonna be able to do it".
Not working out as expected? Commitment to Baylor is a pretty solid back up plan then I guess 🤷‍♂️
So you think when he left GAHS he thought he would barely see the court again during his HS basketball days? His plan was to get to the NBA in 2 years. Instead he's going to be in Waco, Texas. Last time I checked Baylor doesn't have a track record of producing professional basketball players. I promise you I'm not trying to put this kid down. What he is doing is crazy coming from SE Ohio. I was just saying I'd imagine he thought things would work out a little different there as far as playing time and usage.
There are currently 23 Baylor alums playing professional basketball with 7 being in the NBA.

Ohio State has 25, Louisville has 30

bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

HamPorter wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 1:56 am
mlittle wrote: Fri Nov 08, 2019 3:38 pm

Not working out as expected? Commitment to Baylor is a pretty solid back up plan then I guess 🤷‍♂️
So you think when he left GAHS he thought he would barely see the court again during his HS basketball days? His plan was to get to the NBA in 2 years. Instead he's going to be in Waco, Texas. Last time I checked Baylor doesn't have a track record of producing professional basketball players. I promise you I'm not trying to put this kid down. What he is doing is crazy coming from SE Ohio. I was just saying I'd imagine he thought things would work out a little different there as far as playing time and usage.
There are currently 23 Baylor alums playing professional basketball with 7 being in the NBA.

Where did you see those numbers?

From what I'm seeing OSU currently has 4 players in the NBA - Evan Turner, DeAngelo Russell, Mike Conley, and Keita Bates-Diop.

Baylor has 3 currently in the NBA - Taurean Prince, Royce O'Neale, and Jonathan Motley (who actually is in the G-League but is on a 2-way contract).

Watching SE Ohio basketball
Geronimo
SEOP

Post by Geronimo »

What does that have to do with anything?

HamPorter
All Conference

Post by HamPorter »

bbjunky81 wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 9:48 am
HamPorter wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 1:56 am

Where did you see those numbers?

From what I'm seeing OSU currently has 4 players in the NBA - Evan Turner, DeAngelo Russell, Mike Conley, and Keita Bates-Diop.

Baylor has 3 currently in the NBA - Taurean Prince, Royce O'Neale, and Jonathan Motley (who actually is in the G-League but is on a 2-way contract).
RealGM. It tracks all levels of professional basketball, so beyond the NBA.

HamPorter
All Conference

Post by HamPorter »

Geronimo wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 7:58 pm What does that have to do with anything?
Someone mentioned Baylor not producing professional basketball players, therefore, I pointed out that they were incorrect by using facts.

But, you can keep crying about him being gone and bashing him for leaving.

svac83
SE

Post by svac83 »

I think it is obvious why he chose Baylor. It is the same reason he left Gallia academy. He does not want to be a post player. He wants to be I wing. Baylor runs the kind of offense he won’t have to become a banger.

So does Huntington prep

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

vcgrad wrote: Fri Nov 08, 2019 1:27 pm He be back at Rio in 2 years or so.
That's what I was thinking last year when I posted on one of the early GAHS topics. I didn't figure he would get a lot at of playing time @ Prep. He won't get a lot of time in the Big-12 either but time will tell.

"ONCE A MARINE, ALWAYS A MARINE"
mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

FANOSPORTS wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 9:47 pm
vcgrad wrote: Fri Nov 08, 2019 1:27 pm He be back at Rio in 2 years or so.
That's what I was thinking last year when I posted on one of the early GAHS topics. I didn't figure he would get a lot at of playing time @ Prep. He won't get a lot of time in the Big-12 either but time will tell.
Bet he gets a lot more playing time in the big 12 than any other kid from this area does next year.

KRS
JV Team

Post by KRS »

Spot on. Best of luck to this young man.

Vik
JV Team

Post by Vik »

We are very proud of Zach

Return to “Boys Basketball”