All Time Winningest Programs in Ohio

Bigbuckeye52
Waterboy

Re: All Time Winningest Programs in Ohio

Post by Bigbuckeye52 »

ReedsvilleEaglesFan wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 5:00 pm
trojandave wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2019 10:54 am mattash: Southern made the state tournament Final 4 in 1980 and 1982. Carl Wolfe was the coach, and his son Kent Wolfe was an outstanding player on those teams. The Tornadoes were state runnerup in 1982.
Not to mention Howsey Caldwell was asst coach and his son Jeff played on the team from what I was told. :mrgreen:
Jeff is not Howie’s son.

Bigbuckeye52
Waterboy

Post by Bigbuckeye52 »

Leave No Doubt wrote: Mon Nov 04, 2019 11:16 am
Almost Champions wrote: Sun Nov 03, 2019 4:06 pm
ReedsvilleEaglesFan wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 5:00 pm

Not to mention Howsey Caldwell was asst coach and his son Jeff played on the team from what I was told. :mrgreen:
Jeff has really learned a lot from his dad
Howdy Caldwell couldn't carry Jeff's jock strap. I don't even think they are related to tell you the truth. Given equal talent Jeff beats him every time.
Congrats on making the dumbest comment yet on this thread.

Hoopie74
SEOP

Post by Hoopie74 »

Ironman92 wrote: Sun Nov 03, 2019 6:41 pm
Hoopie74 wrote: Thu Oct 03, 2019 10:17 pm Peebles record until the 1967 season or so, was pretty neglectable as far as tourney runs. County tournament was the big thing. We didn't really start to turn things around till coach Copley showed up. At that time Peebles,Locust Grove and Sinking Spring came together. We had Sinking Spring Jr High,Locust Grove Jr high and Peebles Jr high all feeding Peebles High School. Each year thereafter there were 10 or so kids from each school moving up to high school at Peebles. About 25 to 30 per year. About 1976 it went to one school with Jr high and High school. In 1974 Peebles made it to the Regional final vs Coach Huggins Indian Valley South squad. This was our Coach Arthor Myers first year at the helm. Peebles lost that game by a point to IVS. Peebles led that game 19-3 in the first quarter and Coach Huggins did his magic and came from behind to win 41_42 on last second shot.
Art Myers went on a tear for the next 10 years and held the best win loss record for that period of time on the state. Some players of his era included the Justice twins ,Kelly Copeland, Phill Shoemaker,Joe Ryan,Jud Johnson,and I think our current coach Arey to name a few. Since 1967 our Indian squad is relavent and competitive every year. I am proud that my Schools ball team has been able to be in the top tier in total wins in the State record book in a short period of time relatively speaking.
Sinking Spring in Highland Co isn’t it? My district Whiteoak extends all the way over there
Yes it is.Thats the area of the district I grew up in,only in the Adams county part.

Bigbuckeye52
Waterboy

Post by Bigbuckeye52 »

Baldeagle wrote: Mon Nov 04, 2019 9:08 am
mattash wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 3:14 pm Didn't know Southern was really good at basketball
Those results are felonious at best. They include wins from when they Were Racine High School. We would be on that list too if we included wins from Chester and Tuppers Plains High Schools.
Racine high school is southern high school. Chester and tuppers plains high schools went together to make eastern. Not close to being the same thing.

Fonzie
S

Post by Fonzie »

Bigbuckeye52 wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 1:43 am
Baldeagle wrote: Mon Nov 04, 2019 9:08 am
mattash wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 3:14 pm Didn't know Southern was really good at basketball
Those results are felonious at best. They include wins from when they Were Racine High School. We would be on that list too if we included wins from Chester and Tuppers Plains High Schools.
Racine high school is southern high school. Chester and tuppers plains high schools went together to make eastern. Not close to being the same thing.
Did any high schools consolidate to make Racine Southern High School?

14U
S

Post by 14U »

Hoopie74 wrote: Thu Oct 03, 2019 10:17 pm Peebles record until the 1967 season or so, was pretty neglectable as far as tourney runs. County tournament was the big thing. We didn't really start to turn things around till coach Copley showed up. At that time Peebles,Locust Grove and Sinking Spring came together. We had Sinking Spring Jr High,Locust Grove Jr high and Peebles Jr high all feeding Peebles High School. Each year thereafter there were 10 or so kids from each school moving up to high school at Peebles. About 25 to 30 per year. About 1976 it went to one school with Jr high and High school. In 1974 Peebles made it to the Regional final vs Coach Huggins Indian Valley South squad. This was our Coach Arthor Myers first year at the helm. Peebles lost that game by a point to IVS. Peebles led that game 19-3 in the first quarter and Coach Huggins did his magic and came from behind to win 41_42 on last second shot.
Art Myers went on a tear for the next 10 years and held the best win loss record for that period of time on the state. Some players of his era included the Justice twins ,Kelly Copeland, Phill Shoemaker,Joe Ryan,Jud Johnson,and I think our current coach Arey to name a few. Since 1967 our Indian squad is relavent and competitive every year. I am proud that my Schools ball team has been able to be in the top tier in total wins in the State record book in a short period of time relatively speaking.
Is Jud Johnson same one that got drafted as a pitchers? Maybe Atlanta Braves? What ever happen to Jud?

Hoopie74
SEOP

Post by Hoopie74 »

14U wrote: Sat Nov 16, 2019 11:38 am
Is Jud Johnson same one that got drafted as a pitchers? Maybe Atlanta Braves? What ever happen to Jud?
The same. His roommate was Javiar Lopez. The were together with Smoltz and that crew. He finished his triple a career with less than 2 era for his career. He played on Peebles 1985 regional team that was beaten by Columbus wherle and Jerry Francis,Eli Brewster and Jonnie Green. He ended up coaching Peebles baseball and assistant coaching basketball at Peebles for many years. His youngest son is a junior at Peebles this year. He will play some this year.

Hoopie74
SEOP

Post by Hoopie74 »

Braves wouldn't trade him and he had to sit back in triple A behind Smoltz,Maddox,Gladvine and that awesome pitching staff.

Hoopie74
SEOP

Post by Hoopie74 »

:D we
Hoopie74 wrote: Sat Nov 16, 2019 11:32 pm
The same. His roommate was Javiar Lopez. The were together with Smoltz and that crew. He finished his triple a career with less than 2 era for his career. He played on Peebles 1985 regional team that was beaten by Columbus wherle and Jerry Francis,Eli Brewster and Jonnie Green. He ended up coaching Peebles baseball and assistant coaching basketball at Peebles for many years. His youngest son is a junior at Peebles this year. He will play some this year.
Judd's dad Bucky Johnson played with the Detroit tigers and blew his knee out. Bucky could smash a baseball.

14U
S

Post by 14U »

Thank you for the info. I played against him in summer baseball back when we had great baseball in the area 80’s. Hugh Jennings had good tournaments in Chillicothe and many more!!

Hoopie74
SEOP

Post by Hoopie74 »

14U wrote: Sat Nov 16, 2019 11:54 pm

Thank you for the info. I played against him in summer baseball back when we had great baseball in the area 80’s. Hugh Jennings had good tournaments in Chillicothe and many more!!
Great times.

ReedsvilleEaglesFan
Freshman Team

Post by ReedsvilleEaglesFan »

Bigbuckeye52 wrote: Tue Nov 05, 2019 3:25 pm
Leave No Doubt wrote: Mon Nov 04, 2019 11:16 am
Almost Champions wrote: Sun Nov 03, 2019 4:06 pm

Jeff has really learned a lot from his dad
Howdy Caldwell couldn't carry Jeff's jock strap. I don't even think they are related to tell you the truth. Given equal talent Jeff beats him every time.
Congrats on making the dumbest comment yet on this thread.
How damned dumb are you? 😂

Return to “Boys Basketball”