Jackson Summer League

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Re: Jackson Summer League

Post by pfloyd »

Ironman92 wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2019 2:29 pm
Jackie Moon wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2019 2:24 pm Don't forget the $2 to park :lol: :lol:
Parking free....this time lol
... LOL !!! :lol:

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Jackson dominant tonight. JV kids a ton of time.

Wallis/Hammond/Donaldson/Brown/Spires play amazing together and look unbeatable a lot. Going to Denison this weekend and will get greatly challenged.

Minford over Wellston
Wellston big over Eastern
Athens over Minford
South Point over Athens

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

Ironman92 wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 9:27 pm Jackson dominant tonight. JV kids a ton of time.

Wallis/Hammond/Donaldson/Brown/Spires play amazing together and look unbeatable a lot. Going to Denison this weekend and will get greatly challenged.

Minford over Wellston
Athens over Minford
South Point over Athens
... South Point sounds like they have some "pieces" to have a very good season - am I off base in saying/thinking this I92 ?

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... pfloyd is going to make a run to the Apple City to see what "IS" this coming week ... should be fun putting eyes on this group - especially Jackson and South Point ... I have Jackson in my top 12 coming into this summer - need to be able to place them correctly in this top group in my pre-season rankings in July ...

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

pfloyd wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 9:28 am ... pfloyd is going to make a run to the Apple City to see what "IS" this coming week ... should be fun putting eyes on this group - especially Jackson and South Point ... I have Jackson in my top 12 coming into this summer - need to be able to place them correctly in this top group in my pre-season rankings in July ...
South Point isn’t big at all but few teams will have quicker athletes on defense. They look solid. Kids have to keep getting coached up but they are one of the better summer teams at Jackson.

Jackson has surprised me on how good they’ve looked. Breaking teams’ spirits with a fast paced, well spaced and unselfish display. Don’t sell out on defense....you’re out, next man up. Our shooting has been silly good. They are burying 3’s everywhere. Wallis is special...he’s another level from 4 months ago. Donaldson and Hammond have improved offensive games and senior Griffin Brown is ready to step right in to be a big scorer. Evan Spires does everything well. They are 17–1 this summer and that’s without 6’5 Treylan David, Drew Bragg and Holden Blankenship. The one loss was the 6th game of a scrimmage and Wallis/Hammond/Donaldson were out for about 1/2 of the game and some other issues I’ll let Caleb Wallis tell you first hand lol.

What I’ve seen.....surprisingly I think better than last year. We’ll see how things continue.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... thanks I92 ... Caleb Wallis IS the best PG in SEOhio ... IF your TEAM is going to do anything - reg season/post season - it starts with the PG ... Jackson was going to be fine with CW as THE floor general that he is to be begin with ... knowing how hard the young man works at his game I'm not surprised that what was an outstanding PG has improved even more than expected ... you put CW on any team and you make that team a TEAM and a contender ...

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

Unioto only has a few starters participating in summer events due to other obligations, but they’ve grown tremendously in just the first 2 weeks of June. They also had a great showing at OU camp this weekend. They won’t be an easy out for any team at the Jackson league even missing most of their starters and main rotation players. A lot of the under classmen are getting big time minutes this summer, and will only get better.

And I’m not gonna player name for obvious reasons but they have a certain pg/sg Who I’d put at the top of any list when starting a team.

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

pfloyd wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 9:24 am
Ironman92 wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 9:27 pm Jackson dominant tonight. JV kids a ton of time.

Minford over Wellston
Athens over Minford
South Point over Athens
... South Point sounds like they have some "pieces" to have a very good season - am I off base in saying/thinking this I92 ?
South point is very scrappy and very quick. Love the way they play. But it’s really hard to say how good they’ll be. as with any summer team you don’t know who they are missing, who the teams they are playing are missing and so on. Also not much game planning being done and rarely fouls being called so it’s impossible to say in June what anyone will have. I try not to get too carried away with summer records. Player development and team chemistry should be the focus.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Jackson will play Logan Elm and Waverly tomorrow. Will be two great tests for the Jackson kids. Like many other teams Jackson will have only 1 starter from last year playing. Hammond came off the bench and has been great this summer will have to take a huge role but he could do it. Griffen Brown hopefully continues his great senior summer of play.

football life
Freshman Team

Post by football life »

mlittle wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 12:23 am Unioto only has a few starters participating in summer events due to other obligations, but they’ve grown tremendously in just the first 2 weeks of June. They also had a great showing at OU camp this weekend. They won’t be an easy out for any team at the Jackson league even missing most of their starters and main rotation players. A lot of the under classmen are getting big time minutes this summer, and will only get better.

And I’m not gonna player name for obvious reasons but they have a certain pg/sg Who I’d put at the top of any list when starting a team.

Has Greenwalt progressed that much?

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

football life wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 11:16 pm
mlittle wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 12:23 am Unioto only has a few starters participating in summer events due to other obligations, but they’ve grown tremendously in just the first 2 weeks of June. They also had a great showing at OU camp this weekend. They won’t be an easy out for any team at the Jackson league even missing most of their starters and main rotation players. A lot of the under classmen are getting big time minutes this summer, and will only get better.

Has Greenwalt progressed that much?
Very good

Prince
Riding the Bench

Post by Prince »

How did last evenings games go ? Results?

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Prince wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 9:58 am How did last evenings games go ? Results?
Junior high? No idea 🤷🏻‍♂️

Prince
Riding the Bench

Post by Prince »

Sorry. A South Point Parent said they played on Tuesday instead of tonight.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Prince wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 2:52 pm Sorry. A South Point Parent said they played on Tuesday instead of tonight.
No biggee

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Jackson defeated Wellston and Eastern Pike, lost to Logan Elm and lost to Waverly by 1

Athens and Waverly were tight all game, not sure who won

Rocket Booster
Riding the Bench

Post by Rocket Booster »

Wellston beat Minford and Zane Trace each by 20, lost to Jackson by 10 in a good game.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

Ironman92 wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 9:27 pm Jackson defeated Wellston and Eastern Pike, lost to Logan Elm and lost to Waverly by 1

Did Waverly have the Futhey’s & Zeke Brown?

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

smurray wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 9:38 pm
Ironman92 wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 9:27 pm Jackson defeated Wellston and Eastern Pike, lost to Logan Elm and lost to Waverly by 1

Did Waverly have the Futhey’s & Zeke Brown?
I was told by Waverly fan they were without Stulley and Zeke...those are the only two he mentioned.

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

Unioto beat Eastern and Minford lost to Logan elm by 3

Return to “Boys Basketball”