SEOPS HO

Re: Ironton boys basketball job?

Post by smurray »

Surprised no hire yet?

GalliaTribe
JV Team

Post by GalliaTribe »

smurray wrote: Thu May 02, 2019 8:52 am Surprised no hire yet?
This is an example why Ironton is a joke. They are probably stalling on hiring anyone so they can hire who they want and he is less qualified than the other candidates that probably applied.

paulwheeler
Riding the Bench

Post by paulwheeler »

A joke that does not make sense because they are taking their time to pick a coach. Makes sense to me they are looking for someone that will stay at the school for sometime in the future.

Bobevans
Riding the Bench

Post by Bobevans »

If thats the case , then that person certainly hasnt applied yet

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

Just asking ? I have no idea at all, what's the chance that Mark Lafon would come back and coach again ?

Bobevans
Riding the Bench

Post by Bobevans »

If Ironton had to bring back LaFon after he quit that doesnt say much for the basketball program. Pretty bad that no one with experience wants the job.

BobcatFuture1
Freshman Team

Post by BobcatFuture1 »

Bobevans wrote: Fri May 03, 2019 7:57 am If Ironton had to bring back LaFon after he quit that doesnt say much for the basketball program. Pretty bad that no one with experience wants the job.
McKnight applied and has plenty of experience as well as a vast knowledge of what it takes to coach in Ironton.

GalliaTribe
JV Team

Post by GalliaTribe »

BobcatFuture1 wrote: Fri May 03, 2019 8:18 am
Bobevans wrote: Fri May 03, 2019 7:57 am If Ironton had to bring back LaFon after he quit that doesnt say much for the basketball program. Pretty bad that no one with experience wants the job.
McKnight applied and has plenty of experience as well as a vast knowledge of what it takes to coach in Ironton.
That’s funny stuff! Give us some reasoning what makes him the person who gets the position?

Bobevans
Riding the Bench

Post by Bobevans »

Evidently, at this point not one good or experienced coach with a solid background wants the job, thus leading the way for McKnight to get the job. He'll keep the same staff in tact and all are happy. They have a teaching job for him so there you are. Just looking from the outside in I'd say with the possible rise of the football program ,that has a lot to do with some good coaches staying away from the basketball job

E High
All State

Post by E High »

Many schools are having problems hiring the “right “ guy. Disfunction At many schools is the problem. Coaches aren’t leaving a stable situation to go to a “better “ job. Administration and society has changed coaching forever. Schools now hiring are stuck with the leftovers. Wish each school the best !

Bobevans
Riding the Bench

Post by Bobevans »

I think what you are saying isnt true. I just dont think these committies and boards know what they are doing when looking for s coach.The old school type coaches need to be brought back if they beat the bushes and ask around. They would be far better off

E High
All State

Post by E High »

It’s hopeless at some schools. There’s a reason for large turnovers and these same reasons jobs are hard to fill with proven, quality coaches. It’s the sign of the times and athletes suffer !

Bobevans
Riding the Bench

Post by Bobevans »

Kids suffer because of their parents. Kids are no different now than they were years ago. The problem now is the parents want to be to involved .some of them think they know more than they actually do. Let the coaches coach and the parents mind their own business.I think a lot of older more experienced coaches would step forward for open jobs if it wasnt for the parents sticking their noses in where they dont belong.

E High
All State

Post by E High »

Bingo and Bingo !

mondayamqb
Freshman Team

Post by mondayamqb »

Bobevans wrote: Sat May 04, 2019 6:43 am Kids suffer because of their parents. Kids are no different now than they were years ago. The problem now is the parents want to be to involved .some of them think they know more than they actually do. Let the coaches coach and the parents mind their own business.I think a lot of older more experienced coaches would step forward for open jobs if it wasnt for the parents sticking their noses in where they dont belong.
YES!!!!!!!!!!!!

Netcutter
Waterboy

Post by Netcutter »

It seems like they may do another round of interviews. Just speculation I am not in the know. Is there a clear frontrunner?

Bobevans
Riding the Bench

Post by Bobevans »

I believe the job was offered to Coach Fitch from Western but he decided to turn it down..I think a couple others have applied but no one that stands out above anyone else. No front runners in the group it seems. Who would come there without a teaching position. Not many

Vike73
Riding the Bench

Post by Vike73 »

Why apply for a job and turn it down?

E High
All State

Post by E High »

Apparently didn’t like what he heard from the interviewing committee and the vision going forward. Many of these good jobs aren’t what they used to be.

Bobevans
Riding the Bench

Post by Bobevans »

Nothing at all against LaFon but I think a lot of coaches arent interested because he will still be there. Hire McKnight and be done with it and nothing changes and all will be happy

Return to “Boys Basketball”