Waterboy

2019/2020 Gallia Academy Blue Devils Basketball Outlook

Post by porkyfan »

thoughts? I think they are underrated

varsity 1000 point club 6th man
Riding the Bench

Re: 2019/2020 Gallia Academy Blue Devils Basketball Outlook

Post by 645945 »

How are they underrated they lose 4 starters off of last years team. With very few of the underclass men getting much varsity experience at all. They won’t go 0-22 but they are kind of set up to have a unpredictable start.

oneoak
Varsity

Post by oneoak »

If Arbiter is correct, the Oak Hill game will be a regular season game now, instead of a foundation game.

porkyfan
Waterboy

Post by porkyfan »

I think they will have logan blouir who will be the leader of the team with most varsity experience and most of the JV players from this year got some minutes here and there. I think Justin wilcoxon will be another starting guard who can bring the ball up the court and shoot the 3 very well. He got minutes towards the end of the year. cooper davis will be an exciting upcoming junior to watch with decent handles and good 3 point shot. then colton Caldwell will be a good scorer and a lockdown defender. Damon cremeans will be amonster under the basket. Ben Cox will be a varsity returner. reece thomas will get minutes and he has a strap. james armstrong,riley starnes are possible basketball returnees next year no one will be able to catch the quickness of armstrong or move starnes under the basket.

porkyfan
Waterboy

Post by porkyfan »

only people They are gonna miss is justin mcclelland and cory call. Henry only played good like 2 games in his 2 seasons at the academy. This upcoming team will be fun to watch and they will definetly go above 500 and can possibly make convo

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

Does the "younger" Loveday still play at Gallia Academy ?

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

pfloyd wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2019 8:25 am Does the "younger" Loveday still play at Gallia Academy ?
Pfloyd, Unless I'm mistaken, he pitched 6 inn (3/27) and got the win 2-1 over Athens last month.

trojandave
SEOP
Location: Portsmouth HS--15 State Appearances in Boys Basketball--4th All Time in Ohio

Post by trojandave »

The Blue Devils lost 4 starters, but based on what I saw this past season, they still should be in the top half of the OVC, but I wouldn't tag them right now as a prime contender for the conference title. GAHS, Ironton, and Coal Grove all lost a lot of their starters, while Chesapeake, Fairland, Portsmouth, South Point, and Rock Hill return most of their starting 5. My very early pick to win the OVC is Chesapeake, with Fairland definitely in the mix. I think South Point could challenge those two, while Gallia will have to surprise to move up from the middle of the pack.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

VetteMan wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2019 9:51 am
pfloyd wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2019 8:25 am Does the "younger" Loveday still play at Gallia Academy ?
Pfloyd, Unless I'm mistaken, he pitched 6 inn (3/27) and got the win 2-1 over Athens last month.
... thanks ! nice !!! he has some size (6-3'ish?) and a little more solidly built than Loveday "the elder " ...

Riding the Bench

Post by 645945 »

Now more 6’5”ish and will be in the mix to play varsity next year. James may be back next year also but two years away from organized basketball will need to be worked out before lots of varsity time. Alot of what happens next year should be figured out with how much work these kids do over the next 6 months or so. If Starnes is back I will be happy about that but will be surprised If he does. A few dark horses are not mentioned here again the summer workouts will show what may be.

porkyfan
Waterboy

Post by porkyfan »

trojandave wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2019 1:09 pm The Blue Devils lost 4 starters, but based on what I saw this past season, they still should be in the top half of the OVC, but I wouldn't tag them right now as a prime contender for the conference title. GAHS, Ironton, and Coal Grove all lost a lot of their starters, while Chesapeake, Fairland, Portsmouth, South Point, and Rock Hill return most of their starting 5. My very early pick to win the OVC is Chesapeake, with Fairland definitely in the mix. I think South Point could challenge those two, while Gallia will have to surprise to move up from the middle of the pack.
I heard the two chesapeake boys who are good transferred to fairland. is that true, archer and hutchison.

trojandave
SEOP
Location: Portsmouth HS--15 State Appearances in Boys Basketball--4th All Time in Ohio

Post by trojandave »

porkyfan: I haven't heard anything about them transferring.

peake71
All Conference

Post by peake71 »

Only transfer I know was a freshmen.

porkyfan
Waterboy

Post by porkyfan »

i si still think they will be top 3 team in the race for OVC and have pretty good chance of making the Convo.

svac83
SE

Post by svac83 »

Gallia academy’s big in coming freshman. How is he at basketball? Could he challenge for a spot?

I think next year will be a big year for the blue devils. It will really be a year where we can see if coach Harrison and staff has brought this program anywhere in his time here. I think they have I think every years team is a little fundamentally better even if not more talented.

Some of my haters will jump on me but next years team I think will have more basketball players and less athletes. We actually have a couple of kids who maybe could become decent point gaurds something we haven’t had in a long time. We have had several scoring gaurds. Several leaders at the position. But not many distributors of the ball.

Geronimo
SEOP

Post by Geronimo »

Heard Loveday wants to come back to GA for his Sr year ???

Geronimo
SEOP

Post by Geronimo »

Armstrong playing B-Ball next season ?

JChipwood
All Conference

Post by JChipwood »

I heard fairland got at least one kid from peake, big kid. Soph last year. CG will compete next yr, best frosh class i have seen in our area. They will be back to back champs 20-21 & 21-22 unless someone gets an influx of players.

Pressure Gallia next yr and you will win. As of now Blour is the only varsity ready player, and he is a beast when he turns up. Harrison may still be the best player in the area, but coaching has cost us. Now the talent drops off some so most likely will get exposed. One very good assistant but he cant do it alone.

JChipwood
All Conference

Post by JChipwood »

As of now armstrong is playing but his life has become a whirlwind recently due to showing out bigtime in massilon so thats to be seen. Younger loveday still at gallia and imo will have to be a force inside for gallia to compete nightly. Caldwell will most likely be the guy that every team needs but may not be a force statistically. Davis will contribute out of necessity and with work could start by default. Cox is a coaches dream player and has a high bball IQ. Foul trouble killed us last season and the pool will be much shallower this year. More parody but not necessarily in a good way. I love the boys in blue and hope they prove me wrong but i cant see us beating grove or fairland. Would assume itown will reload. Peake HAD some very good young talent last year. SP had nice young talent at guard but they were also the 2 most dispespectful young men I have seen in our area in terms of being coachable so that needs addressed, at home or maybe at the childrens center of ohio. So i would say 4-5 w/o older loveday. 2-3 if he comes back to play. Hope it turns out differently but reality superscedes hope.

GalliaTribe
JV Team

Post by GalliaTribe »

I think we will be in better shape than most people think. Fairland definitely the favorite in OVC though. Go Blue Devils

Return to “Boys Basketball”