Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio - Pre Season 2019-20 ...

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio - Pre Season 2019-20 ...

Post by pfloyd »

Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio - Pre Season ...

1. Chillicothe
2. North Adams
3. Zane Trace
4. Jackson
5. Fairfield Union
6. Peebles
7. Warren
8. Sheridan

... Treehugger Wannabees ...

9. Logan Elm
10. Fairland
11. New Boston
12. Trimble
13. Eastern Brown
14. Adena
15. Wheelersburg
16. Alexander
17. Ironton
18. Logan
19. Unioto
20. Meigs
21. Greenfield McClain
22. Waverly
23. Chesapeake
24. South Point
25. Lynchburg Clay
26. Oak Hill
27. Whiteoak
28. Vinton County
29. Circleville
30. Portsmouth
31. Athens
32. Crooksville
33. Lucasville Valley
34. New Lexington
35. Piketon
36. Fairfield Leesburg
37. Washington CH
38. Coal Grove
39. Federal Hocking
40. Gaillia Academy
41. Hillsboro
42. Western Pike
43. Paint Valley
44. Miami Trace
45. Marietta
46. Minford
47. Nelsonville York
48. Waterford
49. West Union
50. St. Joseph
51. South Gallia
52. Southern
53. Symmes Valley
54. Green
55. Belpre
56. Portsmouth West
57. Wellston
58. Westfall
59. Rock Hill
60. River Valley
61. Reedsville Eastern
62. Eastern Pike
63. Southeastern
64. Manchester
65. Portsmouth Clay
66. Huntington
67. Miller
68. South Webster
69. Portsmouth Notre Dame
70. Portsmouth East
71. Wahama
72. Northwest

... let the beatings begin !!!

... will be working on the Pre-Season rankings in the next few weeks ... will put them out before the summer hoops in June so we have something to "agree to disagree" about for the months leading up to the 2019-20 Hoops season Below the Lancaster-Dixon Line ...

... in the meantime ! who do YOU think should be the Elite 8 in the preseason rankings ???!!! ... I've seen a bunch of quality TEAMS who are returning a bunch of lettermen :

Zane Trace
Chillicothe
Chesapeake
Peebles
New Boston
Fairfield Union
Sheridan
Logan Elm
Warren
Jackson
Waverly
North Adams
Fairland
Alexander
Adena
Wheelersburg
Eastern Brown
Unioto

... some teams have what was young talent returning for next season that should make them much better in the rankings: New Lexington, Circleville, Valley, South Point, Meigs, Logan, Athens, Vinton County ...

What will some of the movers of this past year have for next year ? Washington CH? McClain ? Coal Grove? Ironton? Eastern Pike? Whiteoak? West Union? Piketon? Green? South Webster?

... I was impressed with the SHAC teams at the Convo ... Peebles, North Adams ... Lynchburg Clay will be back ... Eastern Brown always has a good product on the court ...

... I started the thread asking for information on the starters with grade level etc. but that was mid season ... now many of the starters will have moved on due to graduation in May ... if you haven't posted info on YOUR team (I believe I had info on half - 36 teams ) - do so ! before we get too far removed from hoops season ...

Who are YOUR Top 8 or so ??? ... I've listed some of the better teams returning for next season - not any particular order ...

Hoopie74
SEOP

Re: Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio - Pre Season 2019-20 ...

Post by Hoopie74 »

1-8 in no peticular order yet. Sheridan,C.H,Alexander,South Point,McClain,North Adams, Chesapeake,Adena. Agree with most of your list. Who will grow their Basketball IQ?They are the winners. Dont overlook my Indians for the next 5 years. Some parts are coming up thru the system for Coach Arey that may be pretty special.He has no boys ,just girls now ,no Justices coming up ,but; there are some talented kids coming up that will have some pretty good length if they take after their daddy's. Have a great summer everyone.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... Keep in mind MY list in the first post is NOT in any order ... I was just looking at my final rankings and throwing down teams who have a lot of talent returning from this past season ... I will do an "official" Pre-Season ranking in the coming weeks ... I was looking to see if anyone had some "unpublished" knowledge that we aren't privy too ... throwing out a group of 8 that would make ME say hmmmmmmmm "you're right, I need to look at THAT team closer " ... anyway it was just an attempt to give us hoops junkies an outlet to begin looking at NEXT December ...
Last edited by pfloyd on Sun Mar 24, 2019 5:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

bman
SEO

Post by bman »

Sheridan and Court House loses a lot. Logan Elm should take another step, but the size issue likely remains a concern. Hopefully a couple of those boys grow a little in the offseason.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Trimble will be the best football team in our area and will probably be the top D4 team in the area

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

1. Chillicothe
2. Zane Trace
3. Chesapeake
4. Alexander
5. New Boston
6. Trimble
7. Jackson
8. Adena

Unioto will improve, even though size will likely remain an issue. Logan Elm and Fairfield Union will be really good out of the MSL. Sheridan will still be good, but will have to replace a lot of scoring and ballhandling. I like what North Adams has coming back.

McClain will still have 3 really nice pieces (Mischal, Badgley, Banks) but little depth. Piketon loses a lot, but have been really solid at the JV level for a couple years and having Mathews healthy will provide them a load inside.

bman
SEO

Post by bman »

danicalifornia wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2019 3:28 pm 1. Chillicothe
2. Zane Trace
3. Chesapeake
4. Alexander
5. New Boston
6. Trimble
7. Jackson
8. Adena

Unioto will improve, even though size will likely remain an issue. Logan Elm and Fairfield Union will be really good out of the MSL. Sheridan will still be good, but will have to replace a lot of scoring and ballhandling. I like what North Adams has coming back.

McClain will still have 3 really nice pieces (Mischal, Badgley, Banks) but little depth. Piketon loses a lot, but have been really solid at the JV level for a couple years and having Mathews healthy will provide them a load inside.
Conley is going to be a tough loss for the Falcons, but they have some really nice pieces back with Harrah, Poston and others. Size isn't an issue for them. Finding someone to handle the point will obviously be one of the big things. Fairfield's on a really impressive run of four consecutive district final appearances with one title.

I look for Circleville's Riley Gibson to emerge as one of the top 10 players in D2 next season. If Evan Justice can take a step and the Tigers can find a few more pieces, they will improve a good measure. Depth will be an issue.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

bman wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2019 2:19 pm Sheridan and Court House loses a lot. Logan Elm should take another step, but the size issue likely remains a concern. Hopefully a couple of those boys grow a little in the offseason.
... Sheridan will STILL be a force with Landen Russell, Nate Johnson, Luken Hill, Ethan Malone - all playing significant minutes in the post season ... they have had excellent JV teams with size the last couple of years as well ... but I AGREE you lose an Ethan Heller/Grant Heileman/Costa Coconus your PG ... there's some question marks LOL ...

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

bman wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2019 4:29 pm
danicalifornia wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2019 3:28 pm 1. Chillicothe
2. Zane Trace
3. Chesapeake
4. Alexander
5. New Boston
6. Trimble
7. Jackson
8. Adena

Conley is going to be a tough loss for the Falcons, but they have some really nice pieces back with Harrah, Poston and others. Size isn't an issue for them. Finding someone to handle the point will obviously be one of the big things. Fairfield's on a really impressive run of four consecutive district final appearances with one title.

I look for Circleville's Riley Gibson to emerge as one of the top 10 players in D2 next season. If Evan Justice can take a step and the Tigers can find a few more pieces, they will improve a good measure. Depth will be an issue.
... I'm looking for Ryan MaGill to run the point for FU - long, 6-2'ish or better THIS past season - he will be bigger next season it's in the DNA ... Andrew Moll (6-5), Huston Harrah(6-5) , brother Harrah at 6-4 to 6-5 will be in the fold next season , Chase Poston at 6-4 ... if MaGill can handle the point FU will be a force by year's end for sure ... you don't replace Conley easily for sure - he did so many things - handling pressure off the dribble at the top of the list ...

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

Logan will not be an Elite 8 team in the preseason BUT the Chieftains have a lot of talent that will be senior talent this coming season - the JV team was mostly ALL juniors this past season - size/maturity will be there with a BIG man in the middle in 6-6/6-7 Justin Wolfe ... Logan will have ANOTHER Myers on varsity ( Tegan - soph to be ... Bo Myers' cousin) Tegan got varsity minutes and will be one of the few returnees with varsity experience (along with Justin Wolfe) ... Chiefs will surprise teams this next season - remember the names - Tegan Myers, Nolan Robinette, Justin Wolfe, Colten Castle , Colton Ruff, Conner Ruff, with another (soph next yr) who will get some varsity minutes in Mason Frasure ... as to where they end up in the rankings will depend on how quickly they adjust to the varsity game speed/strength of bodies and the learning curve for improvement ... look forward to seeing what next years schedule looks like ! along with the summer schedule as well - interested to see how the group is divided up - varsity & JVs ...

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

ttt

Pa Trojan
JV Team

Post by Pa Trojan »

just saw this one, thx for the ttt, I like it !

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

ttt

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... I will be putting out the Pre-season : Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio AFTER the June Hoops Shoot-out Season ... putting together my Pfloyd June Shoot-out Season Tour calendar ...

So far I have in INK :

* Lynchburg Clay Shoot-out (Wednesday June 5th) ... wanting to keep my commitment to the SHAC folks this season ...
* Portsmouth MEGA Shoot-out (Satuday June 8th) ... can't pass up almost 50 teams on the PHS campus & Shawnee State campus ...

... in pencil (waiting to see who the TEAMs are who have committed) :

* Chesapeake Shootout (Saturday June 1st)
* Logan's Hoops in the Hills (2 days Monday/Tuesday June 24th & 25th ... probably just one of those 2 days depending on the teams committed)

... will be looking at others to add to the PF Tour as they get advertised on SEOPreps & elsewhere ...

trojandave
SEOP
Location: Portsmouth HS--15 State Appearances in Boys Basketball--4th All Time in Ohio

Post by trojandave »

I'm just hoping my Trojans can stay at least in your top 30!!

Truth Serum
Riding the Bench

Post by Truth Serum »

IAs good as I can do this early. I'm certainly no Pfloyd!

1. Zane Trace
2. Chesapeake
3. Chillicothe
4. Alexander
5. Jackson
6. Wheelersburg
7. Adena
8. Eastern Brown

trojandave
SEOP
Location: Portsmouth HS--15 State Appearances in Boys Basketball--4th All Time in Ohio

Post by trojandave »

With as much as Wheelersburg loses to graduation (4 starters including Tanner Holden), they will have a difficult time being in the top 8.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... so far a great summer of hoops in SEOhio ! haven't seen as much as I had planned but have been able to put eyes on the SHAC contingent of teams so far ... missed the Mega Shootout in P'town (was in Chicago for the weekend)... looking to see a Wednesday night Jackson Summer League menu of games in the next week or two ... Logan has their shootout June 24/25 with Jackson, Wheelersburg on the schedule of games (look forward to seeing both as Jackson is having a great summer ... Wheelersburg having lost so much from last in my opinion will STILL be in the top 15 in the preseason ... New Boston has played well this summer as well - the Tigers are traveling to Toledo for a shootout this coming week to take on the big boys in T'town - looking forward to get a rundown on the Tigers Northwest Ohio swing for the summer ... unfortunately one of my penciled in Elite 8 teams for the pre-season rankings was Coach Davis's Chesapeake Panthers has had 2 big transfers out - Eli Archer/Taylan Hutchison both taking their games across the river to Huntington high school and Huntington St Joe respectively I believe ... looking forward to sitting down , looking over last season's post season games/teams, who is returning for teams, who will grow from last season, which teams have improved over the summer , my eye's on this summer ... targeting the first week in July for the Pre-Season Elite 8 rankings for all 72 teams in the SEO District ...

... any information from this summer is appreciated - share please !

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Word on the street is Alexander could be adding a key free agent.
A young man that was all league as a freshman for Federal Hocking in 2017/2018.
You never know for sure about these things, but adding another scorer to an already talented lineup would definitely make the Spartans the heavy favorite in the Ohio Division.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

93Bulldog wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 7:24 am Word on the street is Alexander could be adding a key free agent.
A young man that was all league as a freshman for Federal Hocking in 2017/2018.
You never know for sure about these things, but adding another scorer to an already talented lineup would definitely make the Spartans the heavy favorite in the Ohio Division.
93dog ! any information on when and where Alexander is playing shootout'wise ? would like to see how Mr. Terry is looking this summer for the Spartans ...

Return to “Boys Basketball”