2019 Ohio Mr. Basketball

Chieftain2009
SEOPS HOF

2019 Ohio Mr. Basketball

Post by Chieftain2009 »

Samari Curtis of Xenia (U. of Cincinnati Commit) has won Ohio's Mr. Basketball for 2019. He averaged 34.4 points per game, and 5.8 assists per game. Finishing his career with 2,109 points.

Why is this relevant to SE Ohio??

Bo Myers of Logan was named one of the 7 finalists for the award!!

Other finalists included: Davis Black (Meadowbrook), Ben Roderick (Olentangy Liberty), Zach Rasile (McDonald), Devon Grant (Lorain) and Brandon Haraway (Norwalk).

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Re: 2019 Ohio Mr. Basketball

Post by pfloyd »

... is there a published listing of how the voting went ? who votes for this award - sportswriters? coaches? combination of both? ... great honor for Bo Myers to be ON the list to be voted for !!! I also noticed that Bo Myers being voted onto the 1st Team All Ohio is the first/only male player from Logan to be voted THAT award - outstanding ! ... hard work, goals set/met ... wish Bo the best as he moves on to the next level at Malone ...

Chieftain2009
SEOPS HOF

Post by Chieftain2009 »

pfloyd wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2019 11:28 am ... is there a published listing of how the voting went ? who votes for this award - sportswriters? coaches? combination of both? ... great honor for Bo Myers to be ON the list to be voted for !!! I also noticed that Bo Myers being voted onto the 1st Team All Ohio is the first/only male player from Logan to be voted THAT award - outstanding ! ... hard work, goals set/met ... wish Bo the best as he moves on to the next level at Malone ...
Article that has the finalists listed is on the OHSAA front page. I couldn't get it to load right this minute though.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Holden and Roderick were the two best players I watched. I’m surprised our region didn’t vote for Holden. Meyers and Black are just good high school players. Holden is a D1 player

HamPorter
All Conference

Post by HamPorter »

Raider6309 wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2019 9:45 pm Holden and Roderick were the two best players I watched. I’m surprised our region didn’t vote for Holden. Meyers and Black are just good high school players. Holden is a D1 player
Congratulations on stating a fact that Holden is indeed a division 1 player.

burgfella69
JV Team

Post by burgfella69 »

HamPorter wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2019 10:17 pm
Raider6309 wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2019 9:45 pm Holden and Roderick were the two best players I watched. I’m surprised our region didn’t vote for Holden. Meyers and Black are just good high school players. Holden is a D1 player
Congratulations on stating a fact that Holden is indeed a division 1 player.
I mean the guy did average 27+ a game with like 15 rebounds to go along w it. Kinda is indeed surprising Holden wasn't voted in.

Chieftain2009
SEOPS HOF

Post by Chieftain2009 »

Good job, stating that Holden is a D1 player. Roderick is too. So are several of the other players on the list. Myers could have been a D1 player, but chose a D2 school. I feel like you probably aren't qualified to assess who is "just a good high school player."

Truth&fiction
Varsity

Post by Truth&fiction »

Chieftain2009 wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2019 11:38 am
Good job, stating that Holden is a D1 player. Roderick is too. So are several of the other players on the list. Myers could have been a D1 player, but chose a D2 school. I feel like you probably aren't qualified to assess who is "just a good high school player."
Roderick is problably the most likely to be an impact D1 player. Myers is smart to go D2 ( If he had any D1 offers) Not much difference between D2 and D3 except the assistance a player gets . One thing they all will have to adjust to is being a roll player . If Holden played D1 HS he would be a good high school player also . Roderick proved himself against D1 talent just like Myers did. Good luck to all the players that will play at the next level whether D1 , D2 OR D3 . We can check in in 4 years and see how they all did , who made an impact , who enjoyed playing where ever they chose to go and what they will contribute to society in the future. For me I'm closing out the 2018-2019 season . Does anyone have a list of players that will keep playing at the next level ? With the talent ( there is alot) I would think there would be a nice number of players . Thanks Floyd for all your travel and info . Look forward to next season .

Return to “Boys Basketball”