STATE CHAMP PICKS:

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

STATE CHAMP PICKS:

Post by FANOSPORTS »

My picks :

DI - CINCINNATI (MOELLER), Catholic
DII- DAYTON (TROTWOOD) ,Technically suburban public but a preferred magnet area for athletes
DIII- CINCINNATI (PURCELL-MARIAN), Catholic
DIV- BERLIN (HILAND) - IMO the most even division and the most teams with homegrown kids

My Comments:

DI - I'm glad with CB that ASVSM has to play with the big boys now
DII- Trotwood should win easily
DIII- 3 Catholics, 1 Parochial, enough said.
DIV- Richmond Hts is a unknown from the Cleveland metro area & hope they don't spoil the party.

"ONCE A MARINE, ALWAYS A MARINE"
Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Re: STATE CHAMP PICKS:

Post by Raider6309 »

I agree with D1-D3. D4 is hard to pick.

bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

I agree with the first 3 divisions, but I think Division IV is Convoy Crestview’s to lose. The Etzler boys are the real deal. Oldest one signed with Miami (OH) and the youngest is a high major prospect. I believe we’ll be seeing him in a Buckeye uniform in a few years

Crestview vs Hiland in the final would be an awesome game to watch and well worth the price of admission.

Watching SE Ohio basketball
Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Trotwood vs South will be high scoring

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

bbjunky81 wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 1:47 pm I agree with the first 3 divisions, but I think Division IV is Convoy Crestview’s to lose. The Etzler boys are the real deal. Oldest one signed with Miami (OH) and the youngest is a high major prospect. I believe we’ll be seeing him in a Buckeye uniform in a few years

Crestview vs Hiland in the final would be an awesome game to watch and well worth the price of admission.
Doug played there and played at OSU but don't know if he's old enough to have kids playing high school now ? , nephews ?

Hawks1112
Varsity

Post by Hawks1112 »

My Hawks will be the shortest team of the four teams there in D-4,St Henry will be a very physical team to play against, the 6'6" boy goes about 250,then they go 6'4"6'3',6'1",if you can make Richmond Hts. Play half court game and not get into a running game them there beatable,there starters, go from 6'2" to 6'6",I hate to say it but Convoy Crestview has to be the favorite with the Etzler brothers

Chieftain2009
SEOPS HOF

Post by Chieftain2009 »

FANOSPORTS wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 2:40 pm
bbjunky81 wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 1:47 pm I agree with the first 3 divisions, but I think Division IV is Convoy Crestview’s to lose. The Etzler boys are the real deal. Oldest one signed with Miami (OH) and the youngest is a high major prospect. I believe we’ll be seeing him in a Buckeye uniform in a few years

Doug played there and played at OSU but don't know if he's old enough to have kids playing high school now ? , nephews ?
Could be nephews, Doug is the coach at Teays Valley.

bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

FANOSPORTS wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 2:40 pm

Correct, nephews.

Watching SE Ohio basketball
burgfella69
JV Team

Post by burgfella69 »

I agree with all four picks

3sUp
Varsity

Post by 3sUp »

DI- Moeller
DII- Trotwood-Madison
DIII- Purcell Marion
DIV- Convoy Crestview

LucasDavenport
SEOPS HOF

Post by LucasDavenport »

D3 has definitely become the CB division.

This year has some obvious favorites in D1 and D2.

Moeller defending champ and truly should have won the last 2.

Trotwood Madison was only challenged by AKron SVSM in D2 the last two years.

Purcell Marion seems to be this years Deer Park In D3.

Convoy Crestview looks like a pretty solid pick in D4.

I will give Some alternatives to the Favorites

D1 Akron St V St M. Always seem to play great in the big stage. They actually can have a chip on their shoulder this trip. Wouldn’t have it been nice to see Lebron on this stage?

D2. Columbus South. Read an article about them on 270hoops.com or Dispatch .... coach went 1-20 in first year in 2010 or 2011. Remember Northland and Brookhaven and Beechcroft? My daughter lives in Columbus now just north of Northland and just south of Beechcroft. There’s no doubt why Columbus sports has gone to the Pickerington’s And Olentangy’s of the area. I’m pulling for Columbus South in the final if Sheridan can’t upset them (of course).

D3. I have no clue. I wish these games were Thursday evening instead of Thursday First session. I still have a bad taste in my mouth from watching Africentric take down South Webster in the Regional Finals in 2005. I am working on it — age helps — I don’t hate them anymore ...

D4. I picked Convoy Crestview to win the football state at the start of the D7 playoffs. I think they are the favorite talent wise. Hiland is hard to root against though. I think his system is the one I would try and emulate if I was coaching in Southern Ohio.

I will be updating from the State Tournament this week. Probably not as hard core as I did for the District and Regionals... that can wear on ya. But I will give some updates. If the Game is tight late then no doubt go back to my Convo ways.

If you come up then stop on by section 213. Top row I believe. I will be the real ugly guy you might have seen lurking around the Convo. I promise that I’m too old to be up to no good.

Camp North Star > Camp Mohawk
LucasDavenport
SEOPS HOF

Post by LucasDavenport »

And just so you know.

I’m the one who locked the Burg v HP thread. It was going nowhere fast. Last year I would have locked the thread if I could have. Wobycat didn’t do it. It was me.

I banned one user for racist remarks — from that thread. I appreciate the two of you who pointed them out.

I don’t understand racism. I’m glad I’m a white guy as it’s definitely an advantage in this country. But truly — being at every Washington CH game except for 1 and sitting at the table — most always on the other teams side — I was truly angered several times at things that white people say to black kids and people. It probably helped me view some of the Tanner Holden things differently. I’m not sure what else to say on this topic other than if I was a black guy I would probably be an angry black guy.

Most all of you do a good job on here. Continue to keep it classy and positive. I will try and do the same.

Camp North Star > Camp Mohawk
Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

I’m hoping the Akron SVSM Hoosiers can win state. The little school taking on the big boys

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

Well, so far at the end of day one in DII & DIII we've got 2 Columbus, 1 Cleveland and 1 Dayton metro team in the finals. The DI semis tomorrow will be just like today with Cincinnati, Cleveland,/Akron and Columbus metro area teams involved. I hope D4 can give Ohio at least 1 champion not from a city metro area so I hope Crestview holds up against Cleveland's Richmond Hts. in their semi. If not I'm afraid that inequality in h.s.basketball is with us at all levels forever. (There are people on other sites saying SVSM will be back down to DII next year and some are griping about how wrong it was that CB moved Harvest Prep , Cardinal Strich and Lutheran East up from D4 to D3. What do these people want, blood or your first born ? )

burgfella69
JV Team

Post by burgfella69 »

Changing D3 to HP. Dudes looked good vs PM

Return to “Boys Basketball”