Regional Final: Wheelersburg vs Harvest Prep

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Re: Regional Final: Wheelersburg vs Harvest Prep

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

BurgBaskets wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 8:16 am Great season by Burg! A question I have....they have one Senior, Justin Salyers, who gave really good minutes this year and I believe may have started a couple games. I never saw him get a second on the court in the last 2 or 3 games. Especially with last night being the last game of his HS career. Anyone have any insight into that? I guess he may have had an injury or in some trouble but I thought it was very strange to not see a second of play time. Again great season that will be one to remember!
I wondered that myself about Justin. He could shoot the three pretty decent but never saw the floor the last few games.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

thebarlowbandit wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 12:19 am What baffles me is the lack of sportsmanship displayed. Within the first 5 min Wheelersburg had a bench warning for talking on Holden, the official made them hand them the ball after a passive aggressive move on a FT, and at the end of the game, Burg took their trophy and walked off the court not even giving Harvest Prep the respect they earned. That was a total bush league move, you got beat it happens, but total classless.
Don’t start dude. Burg got their trophy and then let Prep have the court so they could cut down the nets. I don’t think I’ve ever seen an opposing team watch another team cut down the nets.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Raider6309 wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 11:13 pm That second quarter was bizarre. Harvest Prep was clearly in complete control playing uptempo and for some reason they slowed it down.
You can’t play up tempo against a zone team that’s hitting shots on the offensive end. The reason they slowed it down was they wanted burg to come guard them far out on the perimeter so they could isolate and go one one. Burgs plan was spot on. HP was not in control until burg went on a slump late 3rd qtr. that’s when the wheels fell off

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

wobycat wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 8:24 am
thebarlowbandit wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 12:19 am What baffles me is the lack of sportsmanship displayed. Within the first 5 min Wheelersburg had a bench warning for talking on Holden, the official made them hand them the ball after a passive aggressive move on a FT, and at the end of the game, Burg took their trophy and walked off the court not even giving Harvest Prep the respect they earned. That was a total bush league move, you got beat it happens, but total classless.
Don’t start dude. Burg got their trophy and then let Prep have the court so they could cut down the nets. I don’t think I’ve ever seen an opposing team watch another team cut down the nets.
Thought the same thing. I’ll be honest though I’ve never paid attention to what the losing team was doing after they got the trophy. They all shook hands, burg congratulated HP, got there trophy and let HP have the court. Just curious how long was burg supposed to stay on the court? Should they have left after trophy presentation, after they cut down the nets, after the last HP player left the court?

Browns30
JV Team

Post by Browns30 »

The only disrespect I felt I saw from either side was when the HP adults were booing the Wheelersburg starters and yelling things such as “air ball”. The student sections do it all the time and that’s fine, but I don’t think I have ever seen it from the adult fans. Not very classy at all.

CavalierAlum05
Varsity

Post by CavalierAlum05 »

yabbadabbadoo wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 11:20 pm
Raider6309 wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 11:12 pm He was definitely the difference maker to keep Holden in check. HP couldn’t shoot today so that was big.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Holden was only 5 off of his avearage. When he drove the lane he had 2-3 players around him. Instead of forcing the shot he kicked it out to wide open shooters. Shots just weren’t falling for Burg either.
Yaba getting butt hurt when Burg gets beat by the better team. Tickles my reading on a Sunday morning. Nothing new here

CavalierAlum05
Varsity

Post by CavalierAlum05 »

David Dennis is one of the best coaches in Ohio.
Ive been to his summer camps and even helped out once years ago. It’s not simply better athletes. He gets the best out of everyone. He runs a very good program.

HamPorter
All Conference

Post by HamPorter »

Browns30 wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 10:04 am The only disrespect I felt I saw from either side was when the HP adults were booing the Wheelersburg starters and yelling things such as “air ball”. The student sections do it all the time and that’s fine, but I don’t think I have ever seen it from the adult fans. Not very classy at all.
:roll: I’m sure you’ve never heard an adult yell airball. There’s a pretty prominent fan in the SOC II that screams at players the entire game, so I guarantee you’ve seen it.

HamPorter
All Conference

Post by HamPorter »

CavalierAlum05 wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 10:45 am David Dennis is one of the best coaches in Ohio.
Ive been to his summer camps and even helped out once years ago. It’s not simply better athletes. He gets the best out of everyone. He runs a very good program.
I agree that he’s a really good coach. It sounds like he should get better help for his camps though ;)

CavalierAlum05
Varsity

Post by CavalierAlum05 »

HamPorter wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 11:19 am
CavalierAlum05 wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 10:45 am David Dennis is one of the best coaches in Ohio.
I agree that he’s a really good coach. It sounds like he should get better help for his camps though ;)
Lol Zing!

They were runner up that year :lol:

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

HamPorter wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 11:18 am
Browns30 wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 10:04 am The only disrespect I felt I saw from either side was when the HP adults were booing the Wheelersburg starters and yelling things such as “air ball”. The student sections do it all the time and that’s fine, but I don’t think I have ever seen it from the adult fans. Not very classy at all.
:roll: I’m sure you’ve never heard an adult yell airball. There’s a pretty prominent fan in the SOC II that screams at players the entire game, so I guarantee you’ve seen it.

Screams at players?? Really!!!

Have never really saw fans screaming at players. Did see some fans say some crap to Holden this year. A Meigs fan told him he was overrated after Burg beat them. Overrated!! Going to a DIV I school in Wright State but he is overrated! SMDFH!!

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

CavalierAlum05 wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 10:43 am
yabbadabbadoo wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 11:20 pm
Raider6309 wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 11:12 pm He was definitely the difference maker to keep Holden in check. HP couldn’t shoot today so that was big.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Holden was only 5 off of his avearage. When he drove the lane he had 2-3 players around him. Instead of forcing the shot he kicked it out to wide open shooters. Shots just weren’t falling for Burg either.
Yaba getting butt hurt when Burg gets beat by the better team. Tickles my reading on a Sunday morning. Nothing new here

Last I checked I was allowed to state my opinions on sites such as this. Seeing how your name is Cavalieralumnim I’m assuming you are from Chillicothe. You could just stay off of the Burg threads and not worry about what we have to say, but this is an open forum that anyne can come and troll other teams.

The only thing I’ve ever said about Chillicothe was in congratulating them on winning the state title in basketball.

You critique your team you follow and I’ll critique the team I follow.

Browns30
JV Team

Post by Browns30 »

Yes, I’m aware of a parent in the SOC who screams at other kids at basketball games. There’s a difference between one trashy fan and a whole group of adults representing your school acting like they are the children in the student section.

Bobbbbbb
Freshman Team

Post by Bobbbbbb »

CavAlum05, didn't think you'd be long getting on here talking about Burg after their loss. Care to enlighten us on Chillicothe's illustrious state championship history? Granted they were champs in basketball 2008? Anything else? Why don't you see if your sports program can get Burg on their schedule in different sports(girls and boys) everyone knows you all struggle against teams your own size! That hate wll give you heart trouble down the road so take a deep breath and say 3 times,"Burgs the word...Burgs the word...Burgs the word!" There now, feel better? That tightness between your shoulders ease up? Good!

CavalierAlum05
Varsity

Post by CavalierAlum05 »

Bobbbbbb wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 11:49 am CavAlum05, didn't think you'd be long getting on here talking about Burg after their loss. Care to enlighten us on Chillicothe's illustrious state championship history? Granted they were champs in basketball 2008? Anything else? Why don't you see if your sports program can get Burg on their schedule in different sports(girls and boys) everyone knows you all struggle against teams your own size! That hate wll give you heart trouble down the road so take a deep breath and say 3 times,"Burgs the word...Burgs the word...Burgs the word!" There now, feel better? That tightness between your shoulders ease up? Good!

I only come on hear to read the tears! Win with class lose with class!!!! That’s the Sunday school topic today. Burg never loses with class. The excuses on here are great as to why you lost to HP!! :lol: :lol:

Hulk
Waterboy

Post by Hulk »

I don't think HP is getting enough credit , everyone wants to talk about burgs game plan and how they gave prep a great game , which they did.

But think about this for a minute ,HP went on a cold streak ,and scored ZERO points in the sencond period and Still held the lead HP was in control of this game start to finish.

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

Browns30 wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 11:43 am

Yes, I’m aware of a parent in the SOC who screams at other kids at basketball games. There’s a difference between one trashy fan and a whole group of adults representing your school acting like they are the children in the student section.
I’m sure you could find fans from every fan base in the area that screams at players, coaches and officials

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

CavalierAlum05 wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 12:01 pm
Bobbbbbb wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 11:49 am CavAlum05, didn't think you'd be long getting on here talking about Burg after their loss. Care to enlighten us on Chillicothe's illustrious state championship history? Granted they were champs in basketball 2008? Anything else? Why don't you see if your sports program can get Burg on their schedule in different sports(girls and boys) everyone knows you all struggle against teams your own size! That hate wll give you heart trouble down the road so take a deep breath and say 3 times,"Burgs the word...Burgs the word...Burgs the word!" There now, feel better? That tightness between your shoulders ease up? Good!

I only come on hear to read the tears! Win with class lose with class!!!! That’s the Sunday school topic today. Burg never loses with class. The excuses on here are great as to why you lost to HP!! :lol: :lol:
Football the burg lost to a better team, basketball they lost to a better team
Congrats to both
No excuses
There you go :roll:

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Hulk wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 12:11 pm I don't think HP is getting enough credit , everyone wants to talk about burgs game plan and how they gave prep a great game , which they did.

But think about this for a minute ,HP went on a cold streak ,and scored ZERO points in the sencond period and Still held the lead HP was in control of this game start to finish.
Why would you give credit to a stacked team? Burg was the underdog. If burg would have continued to shoot well, they’d had a chance to win. Burg missed four shots in a row in the 4th. I met some of the fans outside of harvest prep. A couple of people were nice but a lot of arrogance was floating around. I’m not giving credit. It’s easy to coach that team. D3 has four private schools in the finals. Imagine that.

Prime Time
All State

Post by Prime Time »

My take on how good HP is that they basicly let Burg score in 4 quarters and said hey we will only score in 3 quarters and still win by double digits. HP deserves a ton of credit for only scoring in 3 quarters and winning by 14 to a undefeated team in State. Congrats to both thou.

Return to “Boys Basketball”