Regional Final: Wheelersburg vs Harvest Prep

mrwonderful
Varsity

Re: Regional Final: Wheelersburg vs Harvest Prep

Post by mrwonderful »

What's comical is Burg fans having the nerve to call Harvest Prep Columbus City all-stars....They just stack their teams a little better than Burg has stacked teams in Football, Basketball ,and Baseball...… They have larger Population to stack a better Team so Burg Fans are Butt Hurt. Harvest Prep did to Burg what Burg is doing to Southeastern Ohio teams...Drawing in the better players in the area to play at Burg thus building a travel Team. Only Difference is Population..... No problem to Burg fans when they run through the district looking like Goliath...When they have to play a Team who does same thing with a large population it's not fair.....

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Raider6309 wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 1:24 pm No wonder Trimble barely beat them in football. Just shows there is no difference from D4 to D3. Harvest Prep and Africentric go from beating a 22-0 Trimble team to beating a 22-0 Wheelersburg team
Basketball and football. Two different sports. Basketball needs addressed differently. Two D1 kids can make your basketball team really really good and quickly

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

mrwonderful wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 1:29 pm What's comical is Burg fans having the nerve to call Harvest Prep Columbus City all-stars....They just stack their teams a little better than Burg has stacked teams in Football, Basketball ,and Baseball...… They have larger Population to stack a better Team so Burg Fans are Butt Hurt. Harvest Prep did to Burg what Burg is doing to Southeastern Ohio teams...Drawing in the better players in the area to play at Burg thus building a travel Team. Only Difference is Population..... No problem to Burg fans when they run through the district looking like Goliath...When they have to play a Team who does same thing with a large population it's not fair.....
98% of burgs roster are kids that have went to burg since kindergarten. When a kid comes to Burg, the expectation raises, academically and athletically. If you think burg let’s kids just walk the halls because they can score a basket or throw a touchdown pass, you’re sorely mistaken. Preparatory schools do not compare to the hardships that public schools must endure.

Prime Time
All State

Post by Prime Time »

Generally I was speaking of entire sports teams in general including girls and boys programs.in my eyes it’s the same recruiting but on a different level you have a much larger population in Columbus compared to 3-4 county’s from where you get recruits with lesser population. It just shows more on basketball teams at these private schools because they want to play basketball but I wonder how many other recruits they have in all other sports girls and boys. Compared to Wheelersburg where all sports girls and boys come in in junior high or high school. You add up recruits from all sports and I believe Wheelersburg has as many or more than these private schools. Again that’s my train of thinking here, so in reality what’s the difference beteeen the two. Just my two cents here.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

So what’s the difference between HP and Wheelersburg? They both get transfers. Ohsaa said Burg has 15-30 out of district kids in football. Wheelersburg has 5 move ins in basketball

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Prime Time wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 1:36 pm Generally I was speaking of entire sports teams in general including girls and boys programs.in my eyes it’s the same recruiting but on a different level you have a much larger population in Columbus compared to 3-4 county’s from where you get recruits with lesser population. It just shows more on basketball teams at these private schools because they want to play basketball but I wonder how many other recruits they have in all other sports girls and boys. Compared to Wheelersburg where all sports girls and boys come in in junior high or high school. You add up recruits from all sports and I believe Wheelersburg has as many or more than these private schools. Again that’s my train of thinking here, so in reality what’s the difference beteeen the two. Just my two cents here.
Who are these recruits?

Prime Time
All State

Post by Prime Time »

I don’t think basketball needs addressed differently, because here in Southeastern Ohio you can’t recruit the kind of talent that lies in Bigger city’s. I think what needs done is to assign a higher number to kids transferring in to these schools which in turn will move them up a division and make it fairer for all teams involved.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Raider6309 wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 1:37 pm So what’s the difference between HP and Wheelersburg? They both get transfers. Ohsaa said Burg has 15-30 out of district kids in football. Wheelersburg has 5 move ins in basketball
You have to know the region of Wheelersburg. Burgs town isn’t that big. You can drive 6 miles and be in school district and 6.5 and be in Sciotoville, South Webster, or Franklin furnace. Those CB numbers are stemmed from those kids that have went to burg since elementary but haven’t lived in district. This is the misconception. One kid that starts for burgs basketball team came from a neighboring school when he was a freshman
Last edited by wobycat on Sun Mar 17, 2019 1:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Chieftain2009
SEOPS HOF

Post by Chieftain2009 »

Quit complaining. Accept that Burg had a phenomenal year, some of what I've read, it appears it was probably their most successful in program history. Congrats to the Pirates.

wobycat
SEOPS

Re:

Post by wobycat »

Chieftain2009 wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 1:44 pm Quit complaining. Accept that Burg had a phenomenal year, some of what I've read, it appears it was probably their most successful in program history. Congrats to the Pirates.
I’m not complaining just talking facts about the difference in basketball with prep schools. Burg did great this year.

Prime Time
All State

Post by Prime Time »

Don’t know names but I’m sure people can name them and Ohsaa says 15-30 from above post I’m not just talking boys basketball ,all sports girls and boys. Another point is what about kids that has been in a district all there school days and finally get to 9-12 grades and then only 12-15 on a team and all of a sudden no spots for them

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

Footballfan96 wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 1:13 pm I’m not even from burg I’m from nelsonville I believe in equal rights in sports it’s not fair for a school to go out and buy players like some schools do look at the tuition costs to go to these schools who has that kind of money laying around extra even people who have good paying jobs don’t have that kind of money those schools operate just like universities
The state of Ohio has for years had what they call "Edchoice" vouchers that are given (after an application process) to children in low income, disadvantaged poor performing public school districts (usually big city districts) that want to transfer to parochial or catholic schools and they keep expanding the number of poor performing schools yearly, elementary thru high school. The last data year I saw was 2015 when there were 255 schools in 31 counties (73 in Franklin county alone who do this) so kids can go to the school of their choice with the state paying for it with no out of pocket for parents. Most of the schools are in Cuyahoga, Montgomery, Franklin and Hamilton counties. Imagine that !!!!!

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source= ... qct2CLF82B
Last edited by FANOSPORTS on Sun Mar 17, 2019 2:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

"ONCE A MARINE, ALWAYS A MARINE"
wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Prime Time wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 1:49 pm Don’t know names but I’m sure people can name them and Ohsaa says 15-30 from above post I’m not just talking boys basketball ,all sports girls and boys. Another point is what about kids that has been in a district all there school days and finally get to 9-12 grades and then only 12-15 on a team and all of a sudden no spots for them
That’s what I’m trying to say to you. 98% of burg kids have been in burgs school their whole life. Burg is a unique place where you can be in the Wheelersburg township but not in Wheelersburg school district. That’s why you see a higher CB number. Not because kids move into play in high school.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

wobycat wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 1:42 pm You have to know the region of Wheelersburg. Burgs town isn’t that big. You can drive 6 miles and be in school district and 6.5 and be in Sciotoville, South Webster, or Franklin furnace. Those CB numbers are stemmed from those kids that have went to burg since elementary but haven’t lived in district. This is the misconception. One kid that starts for burgs basketball team came from a neighboring school when he was a freshman
Wrong. It’s since 7th grade. Burg should probably be D2 in basketball and D4 in football. Doesn’t make sense that a school like Adena should have to play schools like HP and Wheelersburg that can recruit kids from multiple school districts.

Ohsaa really dropped the ball on private’s and public open enrollment. Trotwood has averaged 100 points in the D2 tournament in all blow outs

ItsMyOpinion
Varsity

Post by ItsMyOpinion »

First ... Congratulation to Wheelersburg on a great season. Undefeated & Elite 8

I said all year Wheelersburg was the most talented team in the Region. I stand corrected!! Wheelersburg was just as talented as anybody in the Region but not more talented. Everybody wanted to say “Wheelersburg doesn’t have a chance”, “20+”, “The Talent isn’t close”, etc. BUT everybody was just looking at athleticism and was not taking into consideration that “skill set” is part of “Talent”. Wheelersburg was not as athletic as HP but Holden’s and his supporting case’s skill set made up for a lot .... as I predicted. If Wheelersburg makes shots during that 4 minute stretch early in the 4th then it would have been a 1 or 2 possession game at the end.

Posters do not ruin it for the kids!! Wheelersburg had a great season. Lose with some class! In my opinion Wheelersburg was just as talented as Harvest Prep but didn’t play as well as Harvest Prep. It does not take away from the year they had.

Does any posters think it is ironic that Wheelersburg fans are acting just like Madison football fans acted after that re-match did not work out the way they wanted it! Of course at that time Wheelersburg posters were telling Madison fans to lose with class. Karma!! Lol!!

OK .... I’ll wait for the fun to start!!
Last edited by ItsMyOpinion on Sun Mar 17, 2019 2:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

wobycat wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 1:57 pm
Prime Time wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 1:49 pm Don’t know names but I’m sure people can name them and Ohsaa says 15-30 from above post I’m not just talking boys basketball ,all sports girls and boys. Another point is what about kids that has been in a district all there school days and finally get to 9-12 grades and then only 12-15 on a team and all of a sudden no spots for them
That’s what I’m trying to say to you. 98% of burg kids have been in burgs school their whole life. Burg is a unique place where you can be in the Wheelersburg township but not in Wheelersburg school district. That’s why you see a higher CB number. Not because kids move into play in high school.

They don't get it woby!! They don't get that a kid that lives right on the Burg school district chooses to come to burg. FRom what I have been told any kid that lives on Patriot Ridge is in the Green school district. There parents just happen to send them to Burg. Is that a crime?? What you all don't get is that the Preps and the Africentrics, the private schools can get any kid from around the WORLD!!!! Someone just has to pay his tuition or like the post fanofsports posted, there is money out there to bring them in.

I love also how all of you clowns think Burg is the only school that has players coming into the district. Does Webster win a state basketball title without Brigham Waginger coming there? Hell NO!!!!!!!!!

Didn't NB have a few kids come from other schools this year?

Cris Carter left Burg after his Junior year, went to East and then they actually beat Burg in the tourney the next year. It has been going on for years all around and you all are just butthurt that some of these kids are choosing Burg nowadays!!!

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

Raider6309 wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 2:00 pm
wobycat wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 1:42 pm You have to know the region of Wheelersburg. Burgs town isn’t that big. You can drive 6 miles and be in school district and 6.5 and be in Sciotoville, South Webster, or Franklin furnace. Those CB numbers are stemmed from those kids that have went to burg since elementary but haven’t lived in district. This is the misconception. One kid that starts for burgs basketball team came from a neighboring school when he was a freshman
Wrong. It’s since 7th grade. Burg should probably be D2 in basketball and D4 in football. Doesn’t make sense that a school like Adena should have to play schools like HP and Wheelersburg that can recruit kids from multiple school districts.

Ohsaa really dropped the ball on private’s and public open enrollment. Trotwood has averaged 100 points in the D2 tournament in all blow outs

Any kid can come to Adena under open enrollment but you still don't get it. They still would have had it handed to them by HP with all of the best players from SEO!! Like was said above, a couple of legit DI players brought into a DIII or DIV school can really make a difference.

Wburgfan
Waterboy

Post by Wburgfan »

Let me just start with the team who played better yesterday won. Congrats to HP they got off to a great start which made it hard for Burg to win. They had a great game plan on helping any time Holden drove and living with the rest of the team shooting. The odds were in their favor with this based on the last few games.

Now let’s credit Burg. They changed the defense in the second quarter and changed the game. They fought hard and got back in it. The final score doesn’t indicate how close the game was due to some foul shots.

Finally, Holden, Darnell, Salyers x2, and Mullins. What can be said about the last 4 years? That talent will be greatly missed but they allowed for the younger class man to get a taste of success and what hard work does. The leadership they shown throughout the year and fight through the tournament is going to help this program continue to be successful. Hats off to you guys.

Prime Time
All State

Post by Prime Time »

Profanity and everyone is a clown. Yes we get it , it’s very obvious we get it. Just read the last few posts , on to spring sports. Congrats to Wheelersburg

maizeandblue
Waterboy

Post by maizeandblue »

yabbadabbadoo wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 2:13 pm
wobycat wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 1:57 pm

They don't get it woby!! They don't get that a kid that lives right on the Burg school district chooses to come to burg. FRom what I have been told any kid that lives on Patriot Ridge is in the Green school district. There parents just happen to send them to Burg. Is that a crime?? What you all don't get is that the Preps and the Africentrics, the private schools can get any kid from around the WORLD!!!! Someone just has to pay his tuition or like the post fanofsports posted, there is money out there to bring them in.

I love also how all of you clowns think Burg is the only school that has players coming into the district. Does Webster win a state basketball title without Brigham Waginger coming there? Hell NO!!!!!!!!!

Didn't NB have a few kids come from other schools this year?

Cris Carter left Burg after his Junior year, went to East and then they actually beat Burg in the tourney the next year. It has been going on for years all around and you all are just butthurt that some of these kids are choosing Burg nowadays!!!
I actually believe SW still would’ve won a title without Waginger. They were THAT good. They played the same type of teams that everyone else has at that point. They were just better than those teams. Lost once to Africentric in which the Nubians had their title stripped from them. So don’t throw SW into this because they actually beat those Cbus schools unlike Burg
Last edited by maizeandblue on Sun Mar 17, 2019 3:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Boys Basketball”