Regional Final: Wheelersburg vs Harvest Prep

wobycat
SEOPS

Regional Final: Wheelersburg vs Harvest Prep

Post by wobycat »

Rematch from last year. What will Burg have to do to beat prep?

Chieftain2009
SEOPS HOF

Re: Regional Final: Wheelersburg vs Harvest Prep

Post by Chieftain2009 »

CJ Anthony (a high-major D1 prospect for HP) and Tanner Holden will definitely both get their own in this one, as they always do! This one will come down to the supporting casts. For Burg to win this game, they'll have to focus on shutting down the other players for HP. This should be a very entertaining game to watch. I'm disappointed I won't be able to attend.

maizeandblue
Waterboy

Post by maizeandblue »

Burg will have to play the perfect game unfortunately

Mad-Dogg
SEOP
Location: Wheelersburg Oh home of the 2x State Champs, 8x Regional Champs and 34x SOC Div 2 Champs

Post by Mad-Dogg »

maizeandblue wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 7:33 am Burg will have to play the perfect game unfortunately
I agree 100%. Burg will have to have career days from everyone to have a chance in this one. As much as I hate to say this especially since I’m a burg fan this one might get ugly quick. Nothin u can do when ur playing a team with the best players money can buy.

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again private/prep schools have no darn business playing public schools. They need their own tourney system

It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It's the size of the fight in the dog. (D Jay on Hustle & Flow)

Fearless Bold Tough
We Are The Storm
Make It Rain
Reach Higher
Power Of One
Respect The W
Be The Best
Cowboy22
Riding the Bench

Post by Cowboy22 »

They will have to win the game in the forties or low 50s. Do not try to run with these guys they are athletic and deep. The weakest part of their game is the half-court set. One and done on the defensive side of the ball. No live turnovers also known as steals bad passes. There will be opportunities 4 easy baskets with that trapping defense. I never seen one fast break point after Adena made a basket. If you miss Sprint back and get in your defense. And lastly holden must stay out of foul trouble and keep his head

CavalierAlum05
Varsity

Post by CavalierAlum05 »

HP by 20.

Mad-Dogg
SEOP
Location: Wheelersburg Oh home of the 2x State Champs, 8x Regional Champs and 34x SOC Div 2 Champs

Post by Mad-Dogg »

CavalierAlum05 wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 7:59 am HP by 20.
That’s what I’m afraid of

It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It's the size of the fight in the dog. (D Jay on Hustle & Flow)

Fearless Bold Tough
We Are The Storm
Make It Rain
Reach Higher
Power Of One
Respect The W
Be The Best
burgfella69
JV Team

Post by burgfella69 »

Harvest Prep looked good... Although Burg will be the most hyped they've been all tourney and ready for the game. I think Burg can win but they'll have to play like they did in some of the regular season games such as the Waverly game. Need to shoot lights out, something they haven't done all tourney long.

callie15
Varsity

Post by callie15 »

Burg can't shoot 3's they suck.

bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

Burg has a shot, an even better shot than last year in my mind..... but it's no easy task.

If they try to run with HP then I think Harvest wins by 20-25... If they're able (and capable) to slow the game down and limit HP to 1 shot most possessions, then I think Burg could potentially upset them or lose by single digits at worst.

It'll be fun to watch Holden rise to the occasion like he did in the 2nd half last night. Burg needs that type of effort for 32 minutes tomorrow if they want any shot at advancing

Watching SE Ohio basketball
yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

The one thing I noticed with Columbus City All-stars is the big man was able to dominate the glass last night against Adena. He was able to go over the Adena players all night long. I don’t think he will be able to do that with Holden in the middle. Tanner has to stay on the floor the whole game.

Burg will be a little quicker on defense than Adena was and Burg can not let them just drain wide open threes like they did last year.

This game is winnable for Burg but they can’t try and run with CCAS!!

The thing I don’t get is why does the OHSAA continue to want these private schools to make it to the Schott!! They bring NO FANS!!!! If it hadn’t of been for The CCAS bringing a student section they would not of had 50 fans there, so in two weeks when they are talking about how low the attendance was I’m going to laugh and say serves you right. These small public schools will bring there whole towns. They might stay in the hotels. They will eat at the restaurants and shop at the malls and stores. These private schools won’t bring enough people to make a difference

bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

yabbadabbadoo wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 9:02 am The one thing I noticed with Columbus City All-stars is the big man was able to dominate the glass last night against Adena. He was able to go over the Adena players all night long. I don’t think he will be able to do that with Holden in the middle. Tanner has to stay on the floor the whole game.

Burg will be a little quicker on defense than Adena was and Burg can not let them just drain wide open threes like they did last year.

The thing I don’t get is why does the OHSAA continue to want these private schools to make it to the Schott!! They bring NO FANS!!!! If it hadn’t of been for The CCAS bringing a student section they would not of had 50 fans there, so in two weeks when they are talking about how low the attendance was I’m going to laugh and say serves you right. These small public schools will bring there whole towns. They might stay in the hotels. They will eat at the restaurants and shop at the malls and stores. These private schools won’t bring enough people to make a difference
The complaints have started early this year.

What exactly do you want the OHSAA to do? Rig games so teams with more fans make the state tournament? They're backed into a corner with it. These schools pay their OHSAA fees like anyone else. They oblige to the new CB rules concerning enrollment and division assignment.

OHSAA will never divide parochial/public schools into separate divisions as they're afraid the parochial schools will simply pull out of the OHSAA and form their own association. So, OHSAA would lose an abundance of money. This is the system that's in place and they're far from the "Columbus City All-Stars" as there's plenty of bigger schools in Columbus that would beat Harvest Prep rather handily.

Watching SE Ohio basketball
Flyers58
Freshman Team

Post by Flyers58 »

Mad-Dogg wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 7:44 am
maizeandblue wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 7:33 am Burg will have to play the perfect game unfortunately
I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again private/prep schools have no darn business playing public schools. They need their own tourney system
Agree 100%..........

Hulk
Waterboy

Post by Hulk »

Really?

Burg fans complaining about a school that benefit from players around the county?

Imo private schools are no different then open enrollment.

You know what they say about glass houses

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

bbjunky81 wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 9:13 am
yabbadabbadoo wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 9:02 am The one thing I noticed with Columbus City All-stars is the big man was able to dominate the glass last night against Adena. He was able to go over the Adena players all night long. I don’t think he will be able to do that with Holden in the middle. Tanner has to stay on the floor the whole game.

The complaints have started early this year.

What exactly do you want the OHSAA to do? Rig games so teams with more fans make the state tournament? They're backed into a corner with it. These schools pay their OHSAA fees like anyone else. They oblige to the new CB rules concerning enrollment and division assignment.

OHSAA will never divide parochial/public schools into separate divisions as they're afraid the parochial schools will simply pull out of the OHSAA and form their own association. So, OHSAA would lose an abundance of money. This is the system that's in place and they're far from the "Columbus City All-Stars" as there's plenty of bigger schools in Columbus that would beat Harvest Prep rather handily.
I don't know if getting all worked up about it is worth it. It is what it is, but basketball is a different animal. Imagine if there was a prep school around here. Imagine Holden, Darby, Sexton, Blevins... all on the same team. The Harvest Preps will always have the advantage. I personally don't agree with it especially in basketball where 2 players can elevate a team to the state title easily.

JTEK
All State

Post by JTEK »

Different year, same conversation

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

After watching both teams I'll take HP by 16. HP plays great individual defense as each player puts extreme ball pressure and forces the turnovers and speed the game up. Adena tried to run and can't do that with HP, not that I'm in any position to say do this or do that but Burg should take a page out of the Meigs play book in this one if they can. I think it'd frustrate HP in a big way. HP plays great team offense quick fast passes getting the open shot they don't wait for defenders to get up in their face. They know the speed of the game is in their favor so they just shoot shoot without worry. This will come down to burgs ability to minimizes turnovers and keep HP from getting fastbreak points. I'd have no issues with burg utilizing what Meigs did in the opening round could be only way to keep this game close. Hard to sit here and say players need to have career games against a team that plays that type of man to man defense. Slow the game waayyyyyy down
Last edited by greygoose on Fri Mar 15, 2019 9:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Hulk wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 9:29 am Really?

Burg fans complaining about a school that benefit from players around the county?

Private schools and open enrollment are completely different. Not even close. Especially in basketball.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

greygoose wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 9:34 am After watching both teams I'll take HP by 16. HP plays great individual defense as each player puts extreme ball pressure and forces the turnovers and speed the game up. Adena tried to run and can't do that with HP, not that I'm in any position to say do this or do that but Burg should take a page out of the Meigs play book in this one if they can. I think it'd frustrate HP in a big way. HP plays great team offense quick fast passes getting the open shot they don't wait for defenders to get up in their face. They know the speed of the game is in their favor so they just shoot shoot without worry. This will come down to burgs ability to minimizes turnovers and keep HP from getting fastbreak points. I'd have no issues with burg utilizing what Meigs did in the opening round could be only way to keep this game close. Hard to sit here and say players need to have career games against a team that plays that type of man to man defense. Slow the game waayyyyyy down
Good analysis.

Hulk
Waterboy

Post by Hulk »

wobycat wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 9:35 am
Hulk wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 9:29 am Really?

Private schools and open enrollment are completely different. Not even close. Especially in basketball.

Yeah ,ok

Return to “Boys Basketball”