Regional Final: Wheelersburg vs Harvest Prep

fbnut
SEOP

Re: Regional Final: Wheelersburg vs Harvest Prep

Post by fbnut »

LucasDavenport wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 12:15 pm If you watched both games last night and think Wheelersburg has more talent on their roster then Harvest Prep has on their roster then I’m not sure we can have a logical discussion.
Sounds like me when I tell people “if you can’t admit trump lies I’m not sure we can have a logical discussion” :lol:

sykesb2
Freshman Team

Post by sykesb2 »

:lol:
LucasDavenport wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 12:15 pm If you watched both games last night and think Wheelersburg has more talent on their roster then Harvest Prep has on their roster then I’m not sure we can have a logical discussion.

ItsMyOpinion
Varsity

Post by ItsMyOpinion »

If you think last night was a true assessment of Wheelersburg ability ..... I know we can’t have a logical discussion.

Rosscoresident
Freshman Team

Post by Rosscoresident »

I completely agree. I don’t see how Wheelersburg keeps it under a 30 point loss to be honest. I just don’t see how they can compete. Holden will get his, just like Z Fout got his 21 last night. I thought Zach played an outstanding game. Wheelersburg should be able to rebound a little better than Adena did and defend the paint better, all because of Holden, but outside of that....I just don’t see it happening

CavalierAlum05
Varsity

Post by CavalierAlum05 »

ItsMyOpinion wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 11:42 am I’ve been saying for a time that Wheelersburg is the most talented team in the Region. I will stick to that and openly admit if I’m wrong after this game. Holden is still the best player on the floor. Yes .... CJ Anthony is very talented but doesn’t have Holden’s length.

This is Wheelersburg’s last chance for a while to get to the Final Four. Because of that urgency I anticipate they will play to their capibility. If they do that then they should win. HP’s trap are very good but they leave a lot of gaps to the basket. Made baskets will slow down HP’s fastbreak.

On a side note .... Wheelersburg posters have once again turned this post into “Wheelersburg vs the World”. Example: “Private vs Public”, “Columbus City All-Star”, etc. My question is “If people think Harvest Preps has an advantage over Wheelersburg because their kids come from all over the city of Columbus does that mean Wheelersburg has an advantage over southern Ohio teams since their kids come from all over Scioto Co.?”

Wheelersburg has the 3rd highest CB number (21) of all the public schools in the Elite Eight. (Regardless of Division) Behind Northridge - 46, New Boston - 31 then Wheelersburg. Using the philosophy that HP has an advantage because they draw their area means that Wheelersburg has an unfair advantage over teams in southern Ohio because they draw their area.

I will now wait for the Wheelersburg people claim “kids want to come to Wheelersburg”. Hmmmmm .... that sounds just like the kids that attend HP!! “They want to go to Harvest Prep!”
ZING!!!! what he said! ^^^^

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

ItsMyOpinion wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 11:42 am I’ve been saying for a time that Wheelersburg is the most talented team in the Region. I will stick to that and openly admit if I’m wrong after this game. Holden is still the best player on the floor. Yes .... CJ Anthony is very talented but doesn’t have Holden’s length.

This is Wheelersburg’s last chance for a while to get to the Final Four. Because of that urgency I anticipate they will play to their capibility. If they do that then they should win. HP’s trap are very good but they leave a lot of gaps to the basket. Made baskets will slow down HP’s fastbreak.

On a side note .... Wheelersburg posters have once again turned this post into “Wheelersburg vs the World”. Example: “Private vs Public”, “Columbus City All-Star”, etc. My question is “If people think Harvest Preps has an advantage over Wheelersburg because their kids come from all over the city of Columbus does that mean Wheelersburg has an advantage over southern Ohio teams since their kids come from all over Scioto Co.?”

Wheelersburg has the 3rd highest CB number (21) of all the public schools in the Elite Eight. (Regardless of Division) Behind Northridge - 46, New Boston - 31 then Wheelersburg. Using the philosophy that HP has an advantage because they draw their area means that Wheelersburg has an unfair advantage over teams in southern Ohio because they draw their area.

I will now wait for the Wheelersburg people claim “kids want to come to Wheelersburg”. Hmmmmm .... that sounds just like the kids that attend HP!! “They want to go to Harvest Prep!”

Really!!!!! A little bit more talent to choose from in Columbus then in all of SEO combined.

LucasDavenport
SEOPS HOF

Post by LucasDavenport »

ItsMyOpinion wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 12:29 pm If you think last night was a true assessment of Wheelersburg ability ..... I know we can’t have a logical discussion.
I’ve seen Wheelersburg several times.

I truly believe you are crazy if you think Wheelersburg has more talent on their roster then Prep does.

Holden would start for Harvest Prep.

After that?

Camp North Star > Camp Mohawk
wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

ItsMyOpinion wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 12:29 pm If you think last night was a true assessment of Wheelersburg ability ..... I know we can’t have a logical discussion.
I see where you're coming from. Burg is a really good basketball team, and athletic in themselves, I think the difference is length and strength. I don't think Burg is as strong as Prep in that area. I'm not sure Burg is the better team overall but they can play with prep. I agree with you on that.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

CavalierAlum05 wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 12:36 pm

ZING!!!! what he said! ^^^^
There is a HUGE difference between private and public schools especially academic. Public schools have a big strain of problems put on kids and their staff. I applaud any teacher that teaches at a public school these days. If Scioto County had a new prep school come in that was geared toward athletics and didn't have to be state tested making their classrooms less stressful. How many kids you think attend? How many would be applying every year? How many athletes would get to attend where they would be "booster paid for"?

Burg Bias
Riding the Bench

Post by Burg Bias »

Prep has more talent at every position but one. They also have players that come off the bench with more talent. BUT superior talent can be beaten by playing fundamental basketball. Set good picks, box out, run your offense, have good floor balance, make your free throws, stay between your man and the basket...Burg will need to do all those things but if they don't shoot at a high percentage it won't matter. In my opinion they need to shoot in the 60% range with plenty of threes and slow down Prep's transition game to win. Tall order but It can be done Pirates.
Go Burg!

LucasDavenport
SEOPS HOF

Post by LucasDavenport »

Wheelersburg has played 4 tournament Games.

All 4 have been competitive. We can go through results and etc but — all 4 have been good games.

Harvest Prep comes into the Convo and defeats Adena 79-38 — game is never in doubt — and because you’ve said so — we are supposed to believe that Wheelersburg is more talented then Harvest Prep.

Ok.

Camp North Star > Camp Mohawk
ItsMyOpinion
Varsity

Post by ItsMyOpinion »

Holden would start from HP and be the best all-around player on their team. I believe that counts for something.

I’m not agruing HP 1-5 is not the more athletic team. What I am saying is add skill level to the equation and Burg is as talented or more talented. (Spot-up Shooters, Holden’s scoring, etc.) Put Wheelersburg’s shooters on the wing unguarded they will make as many if not more 3’s than HP. (I know they haven’t shot well in tournament but did all year)
I’m not a Wheelersburg fan .... I’m just saying if the athleticism does not overwhelm Wheelersburg their skills are better than HP.

If HP has better skills and the more athletic team
(Which I admit) then I’ll be the first to admit. Until after the game I’ll sit back and watch the debate on how Wheelersburg is at such a huge disadvantage.

Sportsfan32
Waterboy

Post by Sportsfan32 »

spider2Ybanana wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 9:54 am It is what it is, and I don't think we should take away from what Wheelersburg has accomplished this year with a discussion that has nothing to do with the game being played. HP has been beaten this year (albeit) by very good teams, but it is possible if by chance they have an off night. There aren't many times a 26-0 team is an underdog, but sometimes the chips fall that way. Win or lose, Wheelersburg has had one of, if not the best season in school history.
Well said Spider! No matter what, Wheelersburg has had an amazing season and definitely one for the history books! Coming into this year, I wasn’t expecting an undefeated regular season (usually a loss to Waverly almost every season), but they fought hard and earned it! As a fan and graduate of Burg, we need to play lights out in every aspect of the game. Like somebody else said, can’t remember who, this isn’t a best-of-7 series, it’s one game. One key for Burg is they need to capitalize on shots and turnovers from HP. When it’s all said and done, I’m very proud of this team! I’ll be there Saturday at 3:00 to watch two teams battle it out for a place in the Final Four at The Schott! I hope you’re there too!

Whether Hell freezes over or pigs learn to fly, I'll be a Wheelersburg Pirate till the day I die
scott1297
All Conference

Post by scott1297 »

:lol: :lol:

Burg grad 85
CavalierAlum05
Varsity

Post by CavalierAlum05 »

Burg Bias wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 12:57 pm Prep has more talent at every position but one. They also have players that come off the bench with more talent. BUT superior talent can be beaten by playing fundamental basketball. Set good picks, box out, run your offense, have good floor balance, make your free throws, stay between your man and the basket...Burg will need to do all those things but if they don't shoot at a high percentage it won't matter. In my opinion they need to shoot in the 60% range with plenty of threes and slow down Prep's transition game to win. Tall order but It can be done Pirates.
Go Burg!
Good point. That's why we roll the balls out and let the kids get after it. You never know.

callie15
Varsity

Post by callie15 »

Sometimes you do.

mattash
Site Admin

Post by mattash »

Go Burg

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

Bottom Line is Burg can’t miss wide open shots. Like was said they need to shoot around 60%.

Holden driving to the hoop might draw a defender or two away from there man. If Tanner kicks it out that player HAS to hit the open shot.

bsee12345
Varsity

Post by bsee12345 »

Wheelersburg needs to get a copy of the Harvest Prep-Columbus Academy District Final game. Columbus Academy had the game plan to beat Harvest Prep but did not execute in a series of about 2 minutes in the 4th quarter and Columbus Academy went from being up 62-60 to being down on 68-62. Harvest Prep won the game 71-67. May check with Adena if they scouted Harvest Prep in the District Finals.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Should be a fun game to watch. Holden goes for 40 but HP wins by 15

Return to “Boys Basketball”