"DIV" DISPARITY , REGIONAL FINALS

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

"DIV" DISPARITY , REGIONAL FINALS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

Of the "elite 8" still competing for State berths , 7 are at located at least 50 mi North of I-70 running across the state with most being around or above even Rt. 30 which also runs across the state east to west in the North. ( 4 - NW, 3 - NE ).

Hiland (Berlin) - 50 miles north of I-70
Jackson Center. - 55
St. Henry. - 65
Springfield (N.Middletown)- 75
Crestview (Convoy) - 100
Richmond Heights. - 115
Maumee Valley (Toledo) - 140

* In a nutshell, that's around 87.5% of the teams are from 1/4 of the whole state*
Last edited by FANOSPORTS on Wed Mar 13, 2019 8:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

"ONCE A MARINE, ALWAYS A MARINE"
93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Re: "DIV" DISPARITY , REGIONAL FINALS

Post by 93Bulldog »

Still not as dominant as Northwest Ohio in football. The Mighty Mac is insane on the gridiron.

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

93Bulldog wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 7:26 pm Still not as dominant as Northwest Ohio in football. The Mighty Mac is insane on the gridiron.
Yep but difference in football is that they've done it in 4 different divisions over the years (4, 5, 6 and 7 after it was formed a few years back).

"ONCE A MARINE, ALWAYS A MARINE"
Hoopie74
SEOP

Post by Hoopie74 »

Perhaps it's the fact that all along I 70 there are large urban areas from just west of Dayton to West Virginia. That is a huge pool of players to recruit and not have big distances to school.

beaverlover
SE

Post by beaverlover »

The Mac is just that good in football. Unreal year in year out. All public schools too I believe.

bleed_blue
Varsity

Post by bleed_blue »

beaverlover wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 9:53 pm The Mac is just that good in football. Unreal year in year out. All public schools too I believe.
It seems like they are competitive in all sports. Seems like there is a team from the MAC at the state tournament every year. Just off the top of my head I think Minster beat Waterford’s girls last year in the state semis and Coldwater’s baseball team knocked Wheelersburg off a few years back in the state semis. This year Coldwater, St Henry, and Anna are all playing for a regional championship in boys as well.

thebarlowbandit
All State

Post by thebarlowbandit »

Hoopie74 wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 8:05 pm Perhaps it's the fact that all along I 70 there are large urban areas from just west of Dayton to West Virginia. That is a huge pool of players to recruit and not have big distances to school.
Recruit? The MAC does not recruit, and you think the Amish is bringing in people? I bet half the team is a Yoder or Miller.

trojandave
SEOP
Location: Portsmouth HS--15 State Appearances in Boys Basketball--4th All Time in Ohio

Post by trojandave »

Delphos St.John's is the only private school in the Midwest Athletic Conference........St.Henry is a public school in the town of St.Henry. Delphos St.John's has won the MAC in football 3 times......but has 6 state championships......a testament to how tough the MAC is. Over 100 state championships have been won in all sports by the MAC.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Trimble ran into one of the greatest MAC teams ever in the 13 Marion Local team. They would have won by a running clock state titles D4-D7

Return to “Boys Basketball”