Southeastern coach

The Great Pumpkin
Waterboy

Southeastern coach

Post by The Great Pumpkin »

Read on another thread that Strausbaugh resigned. Is that true? If so, who will be the frontrunners to take over the job?

2quick2catch
Freshman Team

Re: Southeastern coach

Post by 2quick2catch »

I don’t see this job drawing much interest.

se-alum
All Conference

Post by se-alum »

2quick2catch wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 1:24 pm I don’t see this job drawing much interest.
SE has a talented group, but after all the drama this year with parents acting foolish, I don't know how much interest it will draw. It's going to have to be an established coach, like a Dave Shoemaker, possibly?!?

Chief02
Varsity

Post by Chief02 »

What were the parents doing to act foolish?

KRS
JV Team

Post by KRS »

2quick2catch wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 1:24 pm I don’t see this job drawing much interest.
Agree, did hear a couple people from outside was contacted last week and wasn't interested. The talk today was it was filled yesterday. Who knows. Best of luck to the next coach, should be fun times.

The Great Pumpkin
Waterboy

Is Bryan Alley being considered for this job. He does a good job and from SE. Think he would be a good coach for the job.

se-alum
All Conference

Post by se-alum »

Chief02 wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 10:26 pm What were the parents doing to act foolish?
Basically berating the coach, loudly, during games. It was a mess from everything i've heard!

25th Street NW
Varsity

Post by 25th Street NW »

A lot of idiot parents today.

Chief02
Varsity

Post by Chief02 »

Anyone making these comments actually know any of the players parents? Do they know the reason behind their frustrations or are you just assuming?

se-alum
All Conference

Post by se-alum »

Chief02 wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 9:49 am Anyone making these comments actually know any of the players parents? Do they know the reason behind their frustrations or are you just assuming?
It mostly stemmed from Freshman getting playing time over older players.

eagles73Taylor
SE

Post by eagles73Taylor »

se-alum wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 10:39 am
Chief02 wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 9:49 am Anyone making these comments actually know any of the players parents? Do they know the reason behind their frustrations or are you just assuming?
It mostly stemmed from Freshman getting playing time over older players.
That is a tough situation to deal with as a coach! And a tough situation to deal with as a parent as well! When numbers are down, it can affect your program for years.

Chief02
Varsity

Post by Chief02 »

I have a very reliable source that the issue from the parents side is not about playing time. The coach resigned from his coaching and AD position. If it was just “playing time”, that doesn’t cause someone to resign from even the AD position. The issue was far deeper than playing time. If it continued, the program would have suffered more and players on this years team, some freshmen included, would not have been out next year.

The proposed replacement will do good though.

bobcat2015
Riding the Bench

Post by bobcat2015 »

Chief02 wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 12:18 pm I have a very reliable source that the issue from the parents side is not about playing time. The coach resigned from his coaching and AD position. If it was just “playing time”, that doesn’t cause someone to resign from even the AD position. The issue was far deeper than playing time. If it continued, the program would have suffered more and players on this years team, some freshmen included, would not have been out next year.

Who?

Chief02
Varsity

Post by Chief02 »

bobcat2015 wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 3:11 pm
Chief02 wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 12:18 pm I have a very reliable source that the issue from the parents side is not about playing time. The coach resigned from his coaching and AD position. If it was just “playing time”, that doesn’t cause someone to resign from even the AD position. The issue was far deeper than playing time. If it continued, the program would have suffered more and players on this years team, some freshmen included, would not have been out next year.

Who?
I will not give a name as it hasn’t been brought forth to the board yet and to my knowledge, announced in a public forum. However, I know this is a well respected person within the school already and they are acutely familiar with Southeastern.

KRS
JV Team

Post by KRS »

Southeastern has won 32 games the last 4 seasons with 3 different coaches. Let that sink in for a minute....as far as the Athletic Director position he was giving that job up before basketball season even began. That was no secret around the Southeastern community, as he is a well respected teacher and community member and told many people. If I understand the process there will be no resignation at the next board meeting. He has chosen not to apply. My sources tell me he would have been renewed with a 4-1 vote but after the season decided it was not worth it. As far as parents are concerned, I get it. We get frustrated. When my kid played I felt like the coach didn't put in the time, practice enough, or prepare for games as much as I would have liked. I chose not to express my concerns in such a manner that would affect my kid or teammates feelings about their coach. It was never a personal attack on their character. I just had certain expectations that I felt were sometimes not met. Parents, me included, often think no one is good enough. It ended up working out and the sun still came up after the season had ended. best of luck to the next hire. I do believe they have enough talent to be very competitive the next few years.

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

KRS wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 4:48 pm Southeastern has won 32 games the last 4 seasons with 3 different coaches. Let that sink in for a minute....as far as the Athletic Director position he was giving that job up before basketball season even began. That was no secret around the Southeastern community, as he is a well respected teacher and community member and told many people. If I understand the process there will be no resignation at the next board meeting. He has chosen not to apply. My sources tell me he would have been renewed with a 4-1 vote but after the season decided it was not worth it. As far as parents are concerned, I get it. We get frustrated. When my kid played I felt like the coach didn't put in the time, practice enough, or prepare for games as much as I would have liked. I chose not to express my concerns in such a manner that would affect my kid or teammates feelings about their coach. It was never a personal attack on their character. I just had certain expectations that I felt were sometimes not met. Parents, me included, often think no one is good enough. It ended up working out and the sun still came up after the season had ended. best of luck to the next hire. I do believe they have enough talent to be very competitive the next few years.
Very good and honest post. It would be nice if a lot of Parents could be as objective as you are about situations such as this.

The Great Pumpkin
Waterboy

I read on another thread that Mike Adams is going to be the next coach. Any news on this?

ItsMyOpinion
Varsity

Post by ItsMyOpinion »

I’m hoping Southeastern can get things turned around. The SVC is a much better league when SE is competitive.

PantherAlum
Waterboy

Post by PantherAlum »

1. The Parents only concern was the bullying by the current/former coaching staff. Several parents wanted to attend practice but were told they would not only be barred from the grounds but also for that weekends games. Playing time WAS NOT an issue with the parents.

2. Anyone attending any games this year could recognize the former staff had no concept of in game coaching and a lack of any offensive philosophy. I was in attendance at the SE-New Hope Christian game. SE was down 25+ midway thru the 3rd qtr and coach never left his seat. Did not call 1 time-out to help the kids out. That pretty much summed up the season.

3. They have a lot of young talent on this team (more than enough to win more than 1 SVC game) so the time was right to make a change. Honestly, other than ZT and Adena, the SVC was pretty weak and to finish 1-13 was as embarrassing as it gets.

4. As someone posted earlier, I also have heard MA will take over.

Hopefully I haven’t stepped on any toes or hurt someone’s feelings but I witnessed a lot of negatives this year.

Big Daddy 7371
Varsity

Post by Big Daddy 7371 »

Mike Adams is the next coach

Return to “Boys Basketball”