Official Suspended by OHSAA

TIGER#27
JV Team

Re: Official Suspended by OHSAA

Post by TIGER#27 »

wobycat wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 2:31 pm
Mr 1000 wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 1:26 pm
wobycat wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 8:49 am

It’s called civility. Common sense. This is why I’m not in favor of governing bodies. I guess I’ll bever understand this world. The official did the right thing letting the kids play and he’s punished for it. SMH
The official did not do the right thing! He knew the rule and he failed to follow it. Lets not allow these guys to think they can do whatever they want. He got punished and I am thrilled that he did.
Good for him not doing the right thing. He let two teams with high school kids that worked hard play a game and he took the punishment for doing so.
Officials are only there to uphold the rules of the game and not change them no matter what.
What if both coaches agreed it would be O.K if players dunk during warm-ups without getting a T, I mean both agreed and the ref said sounds O.K since neither of you care. Let's give the fans a show. No different in my book, rules were changed.
Now would that happen, NO.
Should the said Ref be removed from upcoming games this year? That's a tough one. I think it's a little harsh, but what should the penalty be?

Attitude, Effort and Hustle
You control that.
Mr 1000
Waterboy

Post by Mr 1000 »

TIGER#27 wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 3:08 pm

The official did not do the right thing! He knew the rule and he failed to follow it. Lets not allow these guys to think they can do whatever they want. He got punished and I am thrilled that he did.
Good for him not doing the right thing. He let two teams with high school kids that worked hard play a game and he took the punishment for doing so.
Officials are only there to uphold the rules of the game and not change them no matter what.
What if both coaches agreed it would be O.K if players dunk during warm-ups without getting a T, I mean both agreed and the ref said sounds O.K since neither of you care. Let's give the fans a show. No different in my book, rules were changed.
Should the said Ref be removed from upcoming games this year? That's a tough one. I think it's a little harsh, but what should the penalty be?
Listen! This official cant be trusted. He cant follow basic rules and I wouldn't trust that he is making honest calls during the game. OHSAA did the right thing by giving him a punishment.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Mr 1000 wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 3:01 pm

He took the punishment because he couldn't follow basic rules.
In which I applaud him for. He didn’t decide for the kids the outcome of the game. I would’ve done the same thing.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Mr 1000 wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 3:23 pm

Listen! This official cant be trusted. He cant follow basic rules and I wouldn't trust that he is making honest calls during the game. OHSAA did the right thing by giving him a punishment.
I get the feeling you don’t like this guy, and I have no idea who you’re talking about. You seem to think he did this on purpose to purposely thwart the other team. If that’s the case, you may want to provide evidence, other than that I will agree with his decision to not affect the outcome of the game.

Mr 1000
Waterboy

Post by Mr 1000 »

wobycat wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 3:25 pm

In which I applaud him for. He didn’t decide for the kids the outcome of the game. I would’ve done the same thing.
So your not a credible human either. You cant be trusted.

Mr 1000
Waterboy

Post by Mr 1000 »

wobycat wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 3:27 pm
Mr 1000 wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 3:23 pm

I get the feeling you don’t like this guy, and I have no idea who you’re talking about. You seem to think he did this on purpose to purposely thwart the other team. If that’s the case, you may want to provide evidence, other than that I will agree with his decision to not affect the outcome of the game.
I have no idea who this guy is and really don't care. All I know is he cant follow basic rules so I don't care to know him.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Mr 1000 wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 3:27 pm

So your not a credible human either. You cant be trusted.
Let’s not get yourself removed from this thread.

bradyquinnd
Waterboy

Post by bradyquinnd »

Mr 1000 take a chill pill dude, you sound like this guy did something to you.

bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

I think you’re missing a key point here.... you’re acting like the guy decided WhiteOak could wear orange so they didn’t have to forfeit..... But they didn’t have to forfeit. They possessed the white jerseys and had them in the locker room. All they had to do was quickly change. Most teams come in from warmups around the 7-10 minute mark, they could have quickly changed then.

Watching SE Ohio basketball
wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

bbjunky81 wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 3:44 pm

I think you’re missing a key point here.... you’re acting like the guy decided WhiteOak could wear orange so they didn’t have to forfeit..... But they didn’t have to forfeit. They possessed the white jerseys and had them in the locker room. All they had to do was quickly change. Most teams come in from warmups around the 7-10 minute mark, they could have quickly changed then.
Perhaps I haven’t. Maybe I didn’t understand correctly. Did whiteoak intentionally wear another uniform fornthe sake of gaining an advantage? Because I read wear a technical foul should’ve been called?

formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

wobycat wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 3:47 pm

Perhaps I haven’t. Maybe I didn’t understand correctly. Did whiteoak intentionally wear another uniform fornthe sake of gaining an advantage? Because I read wear a technical foul should’ve been called?
Shouldn’t there have been five technical fouls, plus one for every entrant wearing the incorrect jersey?

bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

formerfcfan wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 3:50 pm

Shouldn’t there have been five technical fouls, plus one for every entrant wearing the incorrect jersey?
That part I’m not sure of.... but it has been said that WhiteOak 100% had all 3 of their Jersey combinations with them. Whether orange is the color they thought they were SUPPOSED to wear, or whether they simply WANTED to wear orange, has yet to be confirmed.

But they did possess the white jerseys.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

bbjunky81 wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 3:56 pm

That part I’m not sure of.... but it has been said that WhiteOak 100% had all 3 of their Jersey combinations with them. Whether orange is the color they thought they were SUPPOSED to wear, or whether they simply WANTED to wear orange, has yet to be confirmed.

Ok then. What happened after that? Did the official approach both coaches of each side and address the issue? Did the opposite team’s coach complain and was he denied for asking them to change the uniforms?

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

Really why have rules at all ? Something similar has happened two years in a row now. I don't think any advantage was gained, I don't think that was the intent. Every school has apparently signed off on this rule, end of story. Next year what if every school decided to wear there favorite good luck uniform ? Either do what the rule says, or get rid of the rule.

Mr 1000
Waterboy

Post by Mr 1000 »

wobycat wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 4:03 pm

Ok then. What happened after that? Did the official approach both coaches of each side and address the issue? Did the opposite team’s coach complain and was he denied for asking them to change the uniforms?
What happened is the official did not follow a basic rule and allowed the two coaches to decide what they wanted to do. The official had every chance in the world to follow one simple rule and he failed to do so.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Mr 1000 wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 4:14 pm
wobycat wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 4:03 pm

What happened is the official did not follow a basic rule and allowed the two coaches to decide what they wanted to do. The official had every chance in the world to follow one simple rule and he failed to do so.
What happens if he enforces the rule? And do you believe this cost the team the win?

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

received_974136039448525.jpeg
received_808041159565523.jpeg
received_1675385652564332.jpeg
As everyone can see, each team clearly knows the rules and gave notice that they understood the rules.
The officials are also aware of the rules.
We have rules for a reason. If we let one go because it's "not that big of a deal", then where do we stop?

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

alabama mike wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 2:13 pm The official in question should not be the only one punished IMO. The Whiteoak coach and the site administrator should also face some type of sanction. Where is the common sense in all of this?
The site administrator can't override an official. This is on the school involved and the officials who let it happen.

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

Thanks for the info Orange and Brown. People can now put to rest that it’s a communication problem by the OHSAA/Southeast District Athletic Board. What you posted seems pretty black and white.

This is why I feel like the Coach/AD should receive a more significant punishment than the ref received. Looks like the principal AND Athletic Director signed off on the rules.

So why was there confusion?

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

Orange and Brown wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 4:35 pm
alabama mike wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 2:13 pm The official in question should not be the only one punished IMO. The Whiteoak coach and the site administrator should also face some type of sanction. Where is the common sense in all of this?
The site administrator can't override an official. This is on the school involved and the officials who let it happen.
Thanks Orange and Brown! Hopefully this will take care of and clear things up, I won't hold my breath though.

Return to “Boys Basketball”