Head Coaching Vacancies

Netcutter
Waterboy

Re: Head Coaching Vacancies

Post by Netcutter »

Seems as everything has been quiet on the Piketon front. Some jobs may cause a domino effect after the state championship.

Crafty2000
Waterboy

Post by Crafty2000 »

Runner00 wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 11:29 am
maizeandblue wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 3:01 pm
FalconFever02 wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 1:48 pm

It has been rumored.
NW has some talent coming. I'm curious as to who will apply to this.
We'll see there was some decent interest last go around .
Northwest is not open.
I am curious though who was interested last time. I heard differently.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Please be careful when posting. Especially rumors on coaches interested or not interested in job.

Netcutter
Waterboy

Post by Netcutter »

It appears that now the Hillsboro job is open. This along with Ironton and Piketon are the only 3 jobs that are open at the moment.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

As has been mentioned - the supplemental are (in the last 2 weeks) being offered to the masses/ coaching and other supplementals are being "applied for" within the district/ some of the administrations are just now finding out who is NOT applying for the athletic supplementals (coaching positions) ... will be a wait and see as to who has "re-upped" , who did not and which schools will be opening up the supplementals/coaching positions to outside applicants ... I would think ALL schools would want to have their coaching positions filled prior to the June hoops /although some of the assistants may be running the show during the summer until someone is found/hired ... it's "wait and see" time LOL ...

C4Three3
Waterboy

Basketball coaching jobs around area

Post by C4Three3 »

Any basketball coaching jobs available around the area?

E High
All State

Re: Basketball coaching jobs around area

Post by E High »

They’re always are and if you want to coach 2-3 years and get fired. Good luck !

Myra Fleener
Riding the Bench

Post by Myra Fleener »

I believe this thread has already been started. No need for another one.

ShooterFlatch
Waterboy

Post by ShooterFlatch »

Myra Fleener wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2019 7:26 am I believe this thread has already been started. No need for another one.
Why so unfriendly Miss Fleener?

Myra Fleener
Riding the Bench

Post by Myra Fleener »

No ill will meant. Just didn't think we needed two threads about coaching vacancies.

ShooterFlatch
Waterboy

Post by ShooterFlatch »

Myra Fleener wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2019 10:25 am No ill will meant. Just didn't think we needed two threads about coaching vacancies.
Ahh , the "why so friendly" comment was a quote from Norman Dale in the movie, come on Myra! :)

Myra Fleener
Riding the Bench

Post by Myra Fleener »

"I know men like you. They sit around all their lives talking
about the glory days when they were 17."

ShooterFlatch
Waterboy

Post by ShooterFlatch »

Myra Fleener wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2019 11:30 am "I know men like you. They sit around all their lives talking
about the glory days when they were 17."
Haha yes !

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

Should be finding out the "WHO" attached to some of the positions available in SEOhio for boys hoops soon ... most BOE's will be hiring for the supplemental positions in the next meeting or 2 ...

Western24
Freshman Team

Post by Western24 »

Coach Fitch has resigned at Western. Have not heard any leads as to who is interested in this job. I would say it would be a great opportunity for someone wanting to put in the time to develop a young team. Good look to the Indians on finding their next coach.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

Western24 wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2019 9:53 am Coach Fitch has resigned at Western. Have not heard any leads as to who is interested in this job. I would say it would be a great opportunity for someone wanting to put in the time to develop a young team. Good look to the Indians on finding their next coach.
PJ did a great job at Western. Hope he keeps coaching if the desire is there.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

Western24 wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2019 9:53 am Coach Fitch has resigned at Western. Have not heard any leads as to who is interested in this job. I would say it would be a great opportunity for someone wanting to put in the time to develop a young team. Good look to the Indians on finding their next coach.
Coach PJ Fitch is an outstanding coach ! wow ... I hope he will continue coaching in SEOhio ... hmmmmmmm does this mean he has applied & been offered elsewhere and IS taking a new position ? we'll have to wait a little longer I suppose to get the answers ...

Vike73
Riding the Bench

Post by Vike73 »

Who will Western reach out to? One of the better jobs in the SOC I, especially if they go back D4. Who interviewed last time along with Fitch?

Truth Serum
Riding the Bench

Post by Truth Serum »

pfloyd wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2019 10:25 am
Coach PJ Fitch is an outstanding coach ! wow ... I hope he will continue coaching in SEOhio ... hmmmmmmm does this mean he has applied & been offered elsewhere and IS taking a new position ? we'll have to wait a little longer I suppose to get the answers ...
I could not agree more PFloyd. Fitch is one of the top coaches in the area. I always evaluate coaching success by seeing if the success is maintained over a long period of time. Fitch's teams share the ball, play hard year after year, and are good defensively. I really enjoyed watching his Eastern teams getting up and down the floor while playing in your face defense. I only seen Western a couple of times but know they had some very good wins the last 2 seasons . Western has had some very good coaches recently but cant seem to keep them.

N2Hoops
Freshman Team

Post by N2Hoops »

Hillsboro, Amanda Clearcreek

Return to “Boys Basketball”