Head Coaching Vacancies

Vito Corleone
Freshman Team

Head Coaching Vacancies

Post by Vito Corleone »

I know it's early for this and plenty of basketball left for local teams. But other than Legg from Piketon, what else is out there?

Making offers you can't refuse
LucasDavenport
SEOPS HOF

Re: Head Coaching Vacancies

Post by LucasDavenport »

Let's only add Definite Job Openings at this time.

Nothing wrong with the thread if it stays in the Non-Speculative

When Banquet season is done and all star games are done and coaches have the chance to decide and be the first to tell their own players then we can possibly go down the rabbit hole a little.

Camp North Star > Camp Mohawk
maizeandblue
Waterboy

Post by maizeandblue »

Can we flip this to some Head Coaching candidates? As in assistant coaches out there or previous head coaches who are currently not coaching? Would love to hear some names out there

LucasDavenport
SEOPS HOF

Post by LucasDavenport »

That’s been done but your criteria are inbounds.

The Piketon thread names practically anyone you could think of — Might come down to Izzo or Calipari.

I just don’t think a high school kid who is coming back next year or entering high school should have to see his current head coach’s name on here and wonder.

Now, that I think of it I wonder if I should clean up The Piketon thread.

I’m not sure I have enough time.

And apparently you are a Michigan fan so you already have 2 strikes. :-)

Ground Buck
All Conference

Post by Ground Buck »

I know one that is open, and I'm pretty sure who's going to take it. But I better not mention either based on LucasDavenport's posts. But stay tuned, and remember you heard it here first. :mrgreen:

Disclaimer: This is all an opinion and I am therefore hoping we can still express opinions on this site without retort.
LucasDavenport
SEOPS HOF

Post by LucasDavenport »

Thank you Ground Buck.

If the coach has told his kids and you are positive of that then it’s fair.

If not then self denial can be a good exercise to try.

Information is power and tough to hold inside.

mattash and others have done — in my opinion — a very nice job of turning this board or site into a much nicer place. Yet, it still hasn’t turned the corner in everyone’s eyes. Let’s all try to make that happen.

One way is to be respectful of the information we have.

Let’s not be the way a kid finds out his coach is not returning.

maizeandblue
Waterboy

Post by maizeandblue »

Since he isn't coaching, what about the previous coach from Webster? Would he entertain the thought of coaching again? He did a good job for SW

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

LucasDavenport wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2019 2:49 pm Thank you Ground Buck.

If the coach has told his kids and you are positive of that then it’s fair.

If not then self denial can be a good exercise to try.

Information is power and tough to hold inside.

mattash and others have done — in my opinion — a very nice job of turning this board or site into a much nicer place. Yet, it still hasn’t turned the corner in everyone’s eyes. Let’s all try to make that happen.

One way is to be respectful of the information we have.

Let’s not be the way a kid finds out his coach is not returning.
... LucasDavenport ... I have SOOOOOOOO much in my head that I can't post - the FBI/CIA has been seen outside my house in their black Suburbans ... I need the Men in Black Neuralyzers to clear my mind ...

LucasDavenport
SEOPS HOF

Post by LucasDavenport »

We can talk tomorrow night and share some info.

KRS
JV Team

Post by KRS »

Southeastern is open. Coach has decided to not apply. I do believe the program is/was heading in the right direction. Been nice to see him stay through this freshman group but I don't blame him at all from walking away. Good luck to the next guy this will be the 4th coach in last 5 years.

BobcatFuture1
Freshman Team

Post by BobcatFuture1 »

KRS wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2019 8:06 pm Southeastern is open. Coach has decided to not apply. I do believe the program is/was heading in the right direction. Been nice to see him stay through this freshman group but I don't blame him at all from walking away. Good luck to the next guy this will be the 4th coach in last 5 years.
Not apply? So do they automatically re-open the position every year and you have to apply every year? Who in the world would want that position if that is the case?

LucasDavenport
SEOPS HOF

Post by LucasDavenport »

BobcatFuture1 wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 9:23 am
KRS wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2019 8:06 pm Southeastern is open. Coach has decided to not apply. I do believe the program is/was heading in the right direction. Been nice to see him stay through this freshman group but I don't blame him at all from walking away. Good luck to the next guy this will be the 4th coach in last 5 years.
Not apply? So do they automatically re-open the position every year and you have to apply every year? Who in the world would want that position if that is the case?
There are several schools who do this. Union protocol probably. It’s usually a formality.

Two examples would be Chillicothe and Ironton.

The coach at SE is also the AD. I assume he will continue as AD.

KRS
JV Team

Post by KRS »

LucasDavenport wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 11:14 am
BobcatFuture1 wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 9:23 am
There are several schools who do this. Union protocol probably. It’s usually a formality.

Two examples would be Chillicothe and Ironton.

The coach at SE is also the AD. I assume he will continue as AD.
Yeah - all supplemental coaching positions are non renewed every year and you must re-apply. Staff members can apply for all supplementals from April 1- 30th. My understanding was he told them he was not going to apply for the coaching position along with the Athletic Director position. I guess it gives the school an opportunity to start looking but I do expect a couple staff may apply and they have until April 30th. to do so if they choose.

OG_20
Waterboy

Post by OG_20 »

The rumor in RIchmondale is Skeens is interested in the job.

KRS
JV Team

Post by KRS »

I had heard that earlier but Strausbaugh decided to not apply. I would be surprised if any school employee would want the basketball Position but I do think a couple will apply for the athletic director. Guess we will have to wait and see who throws their name in the ring by May 1st.

Penguin
Freshman Team

Post by Penguin »

I don’t see a lot of applicants with that procedure, zero security.

KRS
JV Team

Post by KRS »

I don’t think that it is that uncommon. They have some young talent and should be decent the next few years , so they will get some interest from the outside.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

Penguin wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 4:26 pm I don’t see a lot of applicants with that procedure, zero security.
That's pretty much how it works at the majority of schools in Ohio.

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

Norm Persin is the 2nd winningest coach in the State of Ohio with close to 750 wins. I don't know if that was the procedure while at Chesapeake, But I've been told that he is rehired as Head Coach, and AD each year.

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

VetteMan wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 5:26 pm Norm Persin is the 2nd winningest coach in the State of Ohio with close to 750 wins. I don't know if that was the procedure while at Chesapeake, But I've been told that he is rehired as Head Coach, and AD each year.
Sorry, I should have said since he has been at Oak Hill.

Return to “Boys Basketball”