3/7 Trimble vs. New Boston District Championship

bbjunky81
SEO

3/7 Trimble vs. New Boston District Championship

Post by bbjunky81 »

Tip-off at 6:15

Thoughts on this game?

New Boston is the favorite, deservedly so, and has more 'basketball players' so to speak.

Trimble is athletic and physical though, and not to mention extremely well coached. That's not a knock on NB's staff, but Howie has been at this for a long time now and his kids always compete at the highest levels.

I actually think this game will be very, very close. Trimble should struggle to consistently score, but they're going to be physical with New Boston and limit them to one shot basically each possession.

I still think New Boston wins by 4-5, but it honestly wouldn't shock me one bit if Trimble pulls this off.

Watching SE Ohio basketball
93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Re: 3/7 Trimble vs. New Boston District Championship

Post by 93Bulldog »

The Tomcats challenge is about as daunting as Alexander's on Saturday.
Both are about 10 point underdogs.
Going to be very difficult, but not impossible.

mattash
Site Admin

Post by mattash »

The Legend v Upcoming Star coach. Should be exciting. Both coach with a ton of fire.

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
mattash
Site Admin

Post by mattash »

Should be a battle. Picking Glenwood by a few. May be another OT game.

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
tomcat82
Freshman Team

Post by tomcat82 »

I watched Glenwood win over the Jeeps. They are good, but Trimble is way more physical and quick. It will be a close game for sure. Go CATS!!

Sports24/7
Freshman Team

Post by Sports24/7 »

bbjunky81 wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2019 8:59 am Tip-off at 6:15

Thoughts on this game?

New Boston is the favorite, deservedly so, and has more 'basketball players' so to speak.

Trimble is athletic and physical though, and not to mention extremely well coached. That's not a knock on NB's staff, but Howie has been at this for a long time now and his kids always compete at the highest levels.

I actually think this game will be very, very close. Trimble should struggle to consistently score, but they're going to be physical with New Boston and limit them to one shot basically each possession.

I still think New Boston wins by 4-5, but it honestly wouldn't shock me one bit if Trimble pulls this off.
Very good observation of this game in my opinion....Trimble is gritty but I think New Boston will be too much...NB 65-Trimble 50

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

New Boston by 14.

formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

Thoughts on this game?

Let’s chat about D4 regionals Saturday if you’ll be around!

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

I may be wrong, but I would guess that New Boston beating South Webster yesterday, was probably there most rewarding and best win of the year. Being able to come up with another great effort, and play that well against a very well coached team in Trimble, will not be easy. I think NB most certainly has enough talent to win this game, sometimes it's just very hard to play that well 2 games in a row.

bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

formerfcfan wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2019 2:06 pm

Thoughts on this game?

Let’s chat about D4 regionals Saturday if you’ll be around!
As of right now I have a reservation with the family for Top Golf on Saturday. If that changes, I should be there. I definitely want to take in the D4 Finals, though.

bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

VetteMan wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2019 2:08 pm I may be wrong, but I would guess that New Boston beating South Webster yesterday, was probably there most rewarding and best win of the year. Being able to come up with another great effort, and play that well against a very well coached team in Trimble, will not be easy. I think NB most certainly has enough talent to win this game, sometimes it's just very hard to play that well 2 games in a row.
I think you're spot on here. I think Trimble comes out early and "punches them in the mouth" so to speak.... but if New Boston is the one that comes out hot early, then it could get ugly. Way more scorers on New Boston than there is on Trimble.

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

Post by The Ghost of Swanker »

I got Trimble in the upset.

Beatin the brakes off em in the thunderdome
Game count 2023 : 54
Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Trimble by 6

burgfella69
JV Team

Post by burgfella69 »

Does Trimble have enough length to contest Caldwell and defend Sexton in the post? NB also has another streaky shooter, in addition to Caldwell, in Saunders. Haven't seen Trimble play but NB is the real deal when they're hitting shots offensively.

bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

burgfella69 wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2019 2:38 pm Does Trimble have enough length to contest Caldwell and defend Sexton in the post? NB also has another streaky shooter, in addition to Caldwell, in Saunders. Haven't seen Trimble play but NB is the real deal when they're hitting shots offensively.
Trimble is not big at all. Not sure they play a kid that's legitimately over 6'0". But they are physically strong and play very physical.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Trimble beat 6’10 Terry and Alexander at Alexander.

Hoopie74
SEOP

Post by Hoopie74 »

bbjunky81 wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2019 2:48 pm
burgfella69 wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2019 2:38 pm Does Trimble have enough length to contest Caldwell and defend Sexton in the post? NB also has another streaky shooter, in addition to Caldwell, in Saunders. Haven't seen Trimble play but NB is the real deal when they're hitting shots offensively.
Trimble is not big at all. Not sure they play a kid that's legitimately over 6'0". But they are physically strong and play very physical.
Yes they are physical as the bruises our boys brought back home to Peebles prove. haha! Trimble has a very good basketball IQ ,are deep and Interchangable as far as playing the floor,and have a coach that is good and can intimidate the officials without getting the T.
In my opinion New Boston has the best starting five and will win by 10-12 points unless they get in foul trouble. If that is the case Trimble will take over and win by 3. Good luck to both teams and represent SEOPS well.

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

Post by The Ghost of Swanker »

If Trimble gets out and runs like they did the first half against peebles, they can beat NB. Swanker said so.

#3 I believe Webber? Fastest kid in the convo. Wow

Beatin the brakes off em in the thunderdome
Game count 2023 : 54
Hoopie74
SEOP

Post by Hoopie74 »

Swanker Pine wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2019 4:09 pm If Trimble gets out and runs like they did the first half against peebles, they can beat NB. Swanker said so.

#3 I believe Webber? Fastest kid in the convo. Wow
#3 was unconscious in the first half against us. They hit I think 5 or 6 threes first quarter. Alot like Coal Grover's. Both teams were on fire. Trimble is tenacious on defense which is also what New Boston feeds on. We will see who can keep their breath. Browning never comes out of a game for Peebles. Not even for a minute. Last night was the first time I have ever seen him tired in the fourth quarter. That is a direct result of Trimbles tenacity. Will be a fun game to watch.

LucasDavenport
SEOPS HOF

Post by LucasDavenport »

These are my scoresheets from Sunday for these 2 teams. It’s how I keep track during my updates.

It shows game flow mostly.

I keep track of score and place the number of the player who scores to the left or right of the running score depending on which team he plays for.

Top is P vs T. Or Peebles left and Trimble right.

Bottom is Sw v NB.

The game flow shows Trimble’s biggest lead was 16 at 32-16 in 2nd qtr and that Peebles only lead one time. 47-45 in the 4th quarter.
Attachments
D95F2100-23D4-4B24-A4AB-0F77463858A0.jpeg
E2C3F4DB-B840-4099-B3B6-5DEB903CDDAB.jpeg
Last edited by LucasDavenport on Mon Mar 04, 2019 4:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Camp North Star > Camp Mohawk

Return to “Boys Basketball”