Convo 3/3 Glenwood vs. South Webster

bbjunky81
SEO

Convo 3/3 Glenwood vs. South Webster

Post by bbjunky81 »

Play by Play of the game
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=80177&start=25

Let's go ahead and get this conversation started. Should be a good game at the Convo.

I've said it since the brackets came out, I truly believe the winner of this game goes to the Elite 8 before running into a buzzsaw in Berlin Hiland. New Boston and South Webster are hands down the two most talented teams on this side of the district bracket, and would meet the Columbus winner in the Regional semifinal. The Columbus teams are way down this year in D4 with a 14-8 Fisher Catholic team wrapping up the 1 seed.

With that said, each game matters and it all starts here between these two teams and I'm sure that's all both teams are focused on.

I'll give more thoughts on this game later with a little more specific run down of each team heading into Convo weekend.

Watching SE Ohio basketball
Matt77
Varsity

Re: 3/3 New Boston vs. South Webster @ The Convo

Post by Matt77 »

Taking South Webster in this one. Watched the Blevins kid play against Coal Grove last year and he really impressed me. He’s a tough ball player.

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

I know that South Webster beat New Boston the 2nd game of the season, at SW by 2pts. I don't know if everybody on both teams was able to play or not. This should be a very good ballgame.

art_vandelay
SE

Post by art_vandelay »

Should be a battle on sunday at the Convo. Was a great game last year in the District Semis and earlier this season as well. Saw the first game of the year at Webster and it was a high level of play for both teams that early in the season.

Blevins/Bockway and Caldwell/Sexton will likely cancel each other out. Which team's secondary players will step up? Jacob Ruth has been playing great for Webster and Voiers/Zimmerman have had some big games as well. Foul trouble will be something else to keep an eye on with all the bigs on the floor. Gonna go with the Jeeps in a close one by a score of 58-54.*

bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

McKinley is the only one that didn’t play that game.

He starts for NB, is a freshman guard.

I believe SW was at full strength, but someone can correct me if I’m wrong.

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

Post by The Ghost of Swanker »

Full strength yes. Starting the season without Corriel, Witter, and Edwards returning as well. Devin was a heck of a basketball player

Beatin the brakes off em in the thunderdome
Game count 2023 : 54
formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

bbjunky81 wrote: Wed Feb 27, 2019 8:38 am Let's go ahead and get this conversation started. Should be a good game at the Convo.

I've said it since the brackets came out, I truly believe the winner of this game goes to the Elite 8 before running into a buzzsaw in Berlin Hiland. New Boston and South Webster are hands down the two most talented teams on this side of the district bracket, and would meet the Columbus winner in the Regional semifinal. The Columbus teams are way down this year in D4 with a 14-8 Fisher Catholic team wrapping up the 1 seed.

With that said, each game matters and it all starts here between these two teams and I'm sure that's all both teams are focused on.

I'll give more thoughts on this game later with a little more specific run down of each team heading into Convo weekend.
I thought Columbus winner plays whoever comes out of the district Coal Grove is in?

Anyways, MSL-Cardinal >>>>>> SOC I. SOC II is good, though. 14-8 against a very respectable schedule.

bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

formerfcfan wrote: Wed Feb 27, 2019 12:58 pm
bbjunky81 wrote: Wed Feb 27, 2019 8:38 am Let's go ahead and get this conversation started. Should be a good game at the Convo.

I thought Columbus winner plays whoever comes out of the district Coal Grove is in?

Anyways, MSL-Cardinal >>>>>> SOC I. SOC II is good, though. 14-8 against a very respectable schedule.
Nope, the South Webster/New Boston side is the one that will face the Columbus winner.

The Coal Grove side of the bracket faces the East winner, presumably Berlin Hiland.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

This is the big D4 district semi battle. This should be a District final but regardless....should be a dandy.

Both teams have regional talent and capabilities but I think one unthought of thing will be the deciding factor.

South Webster 62
New Boston 58

4thgoal
SEOPS

Post by 4thgoal »

What color jersey will NB bring this year? :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Toss up. I’ll go Webster.

bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

4thgoal wrote: Thu Feb 28, 2019 6:50 am What color jersey will NB bring this year? :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
This will be interesting to see. We very well may be seeing OU jerseys again.

Travel_ball
Waterboy

Post by Travel_ball »

bbjunky81 wrote: Thu Feb 28, 2019 8:58 am
4thgoal wrote: Thu Feb 28, 2019 6:50 am What color jersey will NB bring this year? :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Wow, still can't believe sw had both uniforms and didn't wear the the other color. Which would allow NB to wear there own uniforms but that alone will give NB all the motivation they need. Good luck to both may the best team win!!!

bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

Travel_ball wrote: Thu Feb 28, 2019 9:20 am
Wow, still can't believe sw had both uniforms and didn't wear the the other color. Which would allow NB to wear there own uniforms but that alone will give NB all the motivation they need. Good luck to both may the best team win!!!
That isn't their problem, though. New Boston hadn't been to the Convo in awhile but you'd think someone within the system knew how the jersey rule works. Why make South Webster kids run off the court and go change when they're not the ones that screwed it up? That only presents a distraction for South Webster players/coaches yet they're the ones who wore the correct ones.

Some teams bring both uniforms, some do not. The fact that South Webster is a team that brought both doesn't mean they HAVE to switch for another teams failure.

4thgoal
SEOPS

Re: Convo 3/3 Glenwood vs. South Webster

Post by 4thgoal »

When in doubt.....bring both. Same thing happened with the Valley soccer team last fall in a district game at Waverly and they had to wear old Waverly uniforms.

LucasDavenport
SEOPS HOF

Post by LucasDavenport »

There should not be a doubt.

Top team on bracket is home.

That’s all you have to know.

Camp North Star > Camp Mohawk
Hulk
Waterboy

Post by Hulk »

bbjunky81 wrote: Thu Feb 28, 2019 10:04 am
Travel_ball wrote: Thu Feb 28, 2019 9:20 am

That isn't their problem, though. New Boston hadn't been to the Convo in awhile but you'd think someone within the system knew how the jersey rule works. Why make South Webster kids run off the court and go change when they're not the ones that screwed it up? That only presents a distraction for South Webster players/coaches yet they're the ones who wore the correct ones.

Some teams bring both uniforms, some do not. The fact that South Webster is a team that brought both doesn't mean they HAVE to switch for another teams failure.

Agree!!

Maybe south Webster had a red out or a white out ,and they announced this at school and to all the fans all week ,they should not have to change the color of uniforms because of their opponents mistake.

Like said above it's not that hard

4thgoal
SEOPS

Post by 4thgoal »

Early forecast calling for 3-5" of snow on Sunday. Hopefully this doesn't affect the games.

scott1297
All Conference

Post by scott1297 »

I'll take Webster in this one. They are playing pretty good right now and NB won't have an answer for Blevins and if they double team him Bockway will have a good night

Burg grad 85
Truth Serum
Riding the Bench

Post by Truth Serum »

This one could go either way. I will take the Tigers by 3

Return to “Boys Basketball”