Riding the Bench

Re: Evan Legg Steps Down From Piketon

Post by nodumpinpike »

Ok

hbk1999
JV Team

Post by hbk1999 »

When you went to the U we all hoped your narcissism and level of delusion would go there also.

Oh well we can dare to dream. We will see if the U will be so awesome for you come football season. They seem to have a pretty good back there already.

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

We’re getting way off topic.

I want your guys honest opinion of what you think my chances are of landing that coaching job at Piketon?

hbk1999
JV Team

Post by hbk1999 »

Most wish you would actually go away. You are obsessed with Piketon. Buyer’s remorse?

nodumpinpike
Riding the Bench

Post by nodumpinpike »

Probably pretty good if you all can get over the bad blood and agree on your terms

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

hbk1999 wrote: Thu Feb 28, 2019 8:55 pm Most wish you would actually go away. You are obsessed with Piketon. Buyer’s remorse?
No. I love that place. Actually Still own a home there that I plan on vacationing at this summer.

hbk1999
JV Team

Post by hbk1999 »

Girl don’t go away mad, just go away.

Ed Ott
Varsity

Post by Ed Ott »

When Piketon hires Miller will he keep the 16 assistant coaches?

hbk1999
JV Team

Post by hbk1999 »

Lord I hope not!

public_transport
Waterboy

Post by public_transport »

Ed Ott wrote: Thu Feb 28, 2019 10:17 pm When Piketon hires Miller will he keep the 16 assistant coaches?
Imagine the poor person who has to put all those chairs up after the games

beaver_5
Waterboy

Post by beaver_5 »

I believe it’ll be Kyle Miller taking over the helm at Piketon, and if anyone caught any of Piketon’s Freshman & Jv games this year they would know that the talent is there, the freshman class from this year will have several kids competing for starting spots next season as well as 6-7th man. Yes they are young, but if they get the right guy in there that can push the right buttons, they will steal several wins next season!

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

beaver_5 wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2019 12:01 am I believe it’ll be Kyle Miller taking over the helm at Piketon, and if anyone caught any of Piketon’s Freshman & Jv games this year they would know that the talent is there, the freshman class from this year will have several kids competing for starting spots next season as well as 6-7th man. Yes they are young, but if they get the right guy in there that can push the right buttons, they will steal several wins next season!
Kyle's got his brother at Waverly who's a freshman, and a really nice gig. Not to mention a current opportunity he has on the table at the moment. He really enjoys teaching and I think he truly likes where he's at. I've caught a few Waverly games and he's got just as much input in the game as the head coach, minus the technical calls :D . If he takes it great but I just don't think it's going to happen.

I've noticed Barricks name thrown out there a few times and this one could intrigue me a bit as if there was any truth to it. Barrick has a young group of 8th graders at Eastern I've heard he wanted to stay and coach them and then hang it up. However, I also know that there is a lot of bad blood between players who would like to play ball but just don't want to play for Barrick. With Eastern jumping to SOC2 for whatever reason, I don't know if Barrick will want to endure the next few couple of years of 6-8 win season. Time will tell though but that just seems like one that would catch some off guard but at the same time could be good for all parties involved.

EagleNut14
Freshman Team

Post by EagleNut14 »

No way Barrick is leaving Eastern for Piketon and why is name is even being brought up on this form is a joke! If Coach Barrick is leaving Eastern I'd say he will be done coaching. I've heard that he really likes what he sees coming up and really we wants to start working with a younger group of kids in the 5th grade class. Eastern will have some rough moments next year as they move up into the bigger SOC but they have some nice pieces to work with and wouldn't be surprised at all if we see them back out in the districts next year in D4.

beaverlover
SE

Post by beaverlover »

EagleNut14 wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2019 9:43 am No way Barrick is leaving Eastern for Piketon and why is name is even being brought up on this form is a joke! If Coach Barrick is leaving Eastern I'd say he will be done coaching. I've heard that he really likes what he sees coming up and really we wants to start working with a younger group of kids in the 5th grade class. Eastern will have some rough moments next year as they move up into the bigger SOC but they have some nice pieces to work with and wouldn't be surprised at all if we see them back out in the districts next year in D4.
Same thing I'm hearing. I was suprised at how much his name had come up as well.
Last edited by beaverlover on Sun Mar 03, 2019 9:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

beaverlover
SE

Post by beaverlover »

Miller has been mentioned alot and makes the most sense...but I'll throw another name out,Iknow he has a great job at Georgetown right now but,Doug Williams could have some interest.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

beaverlover wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2019 9:50 am Miller has been mentioned alot and makes the most sense...but I'll throw another name out,Iknow he has a great job at Georgetown right now but,Doug Williams could have some interest.
Where is the majority of his family now? They originally from Pike Co or down towards Mt. Orab? He’s doing well at Georgetown. He would be good....but I thought he was from the ant Orab area in the first place.

beaverlover
SE

Post by beaverlover »

Ironman92 wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2019 9:58 am
beaverlover wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2019 9:50 am Miller has been mentioned alot and makes the most sense...but I'll throw another name out,Iknow he has a great job at Georgetown right now but,Doug Williams could have some interest.
Where is the majority of his family now? They originally from Pike Co or down towards Mt. Orab? He’s doing well at Georgetown. He would be good....but I thought he was from the ant Orab area in the first place.
His wife maybe but,Doug and his older family are Pike county through and through...His younger brothers went to school down that way .Western Brown I think.

beaver_5
Waterboy

Post by beaver_5 »

If Miller has the itch to be a head coach again, it’s got to be the right fit. And he’s not leaving Waverly for any gig. I wonder if there’s a teaching position open at Piketon, if so it would seem to be a 100% chance of him taking the job at Piketon. I can’t see Barrick leaving Eastern & I can’t see Piketon wanting Fitch.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

EagleNut14 wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2019 9:43 am No way Barrick is leaving Eastern for Piketon and why is name is even being brought up on this form is a joke! If Coach Barrick is leaving Eastern I'd say he will be done coaching. I've heard that he really likes what he sees coming up and really we wants to start working with a younger group of kids in the 5th grade class. Eastern will have some rough moments next year as they move up into the bigger SOC but they have some nice pieces to work with and wouldn't be surprised at all if we see them back out in the districts next year in D4.
Probably talking about their 6th grade class.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

beaver_5 wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2019 12:27 pm If Miller has the itch to be a head coach again, it’s got to be the right fit. And he’s not leaving Waverly for any gig. I wonder if there’s a teaching position open at Piketon, if so it would seem to be a 100% chance of him taking the job at Piketon. I can’t see Barrick leaving Eastern & I can’t see Piketon wanting Fitch.
MMMM, first you say he's not leaving waverly for any gig and then you said if there's a teaching position open at piketon it would be a 100% chance he leaves and goes to Piketon??? sort of confused by this statement. Has anyone actually heard any viable names??

Return to “Boys Basketball”