Evan Legg Steps Down From Piketon

Lightle04
SE

Re: Evan Legg Steps Down From Piketon

Post by Lightle04 »

I don’t see Kyle leaving Waverly. His little brother being there and he has a good job. Kyle is a very good coach and would be a great addition to any program but I honestly don’t think he wanting the grind of dealing with parents . He is enjoying his position and extra time with his family.

metwct44
Riding the Bench

Post by metwct44 »

greygoose wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2019 3:24 pm
beaver_5 wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2019 3:16 pm Yes not any gig, meaning if piketon has a teaching position open as well a coaching job it could be the perfect job for him if he’s interested on being a head coach again.

Also from what I’ve heard he now resides in piketon.
I think he likes it right where he's at, brand new gym floor, upgrades around the facility has a ton of input into the team and let's face it if he's happy at Waverly he's sure to be the coach in waiting. Brother is just a freshman at Waverly
Piketon will be upgrading alot of their facilities this year. Good things will be happening at Piketon.

Spartan12
Freshman Team

Post by Spartan12 »

Evan is a young coach and wish him nothing but the best. His teams seemed to play hard. How many seniors were on this team? I know they are losing the Blanton kid to graduation. Coaches just don’t seem to stick around very long anymore. When kids start to graduate it’s time to move on. These days it doesn’t seem like it’s about building a program anymore. I’m sure Evan is probably getting married or maybe getting ready to have kids. So if this is the case, wish him nothing but the best.

Tigersfan2019
Waterboy

Post by Tigersfan2019 »

Is kyles brother good basketball also

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

metwct44 wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2019 8:28 pm
greygoose wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2019 3:24 pm
beaver_5 wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2019 3:16 pm Yes not any gig, meaning if piketon has a teaching position open as well a coaching job it could be the perfect job for him if he’s interested on being a head coach again.

I think he likes it right where he's at, brand new gym floor, upgrades around the facility has a ton of input into the team and let's face it if he's happy at Waverly he's sure to be the coach in waiting. Brother is just a freshman at Waverly
Piketon will be upgrading alot of their facilities this year. Good things will be happening at Piketon.
Yeah I heard what they were building.

MasterOfNone
All Conference

Post by MasterOfNone »

greygoose wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2019 8:01 am [quote=metwct44 post_id=<a href="tel:1760053">1760053</a> time=<a href="tel:1551662890">1551662890</a> user_id=12022]
[quote=greygoose post_id=<a href="tel:1759783">1759783</a> time=<a href="tel:1551644687">1551644687</a> user_id=542]
[quote=beaver_5 post_id=<a href="tel:1759774">1759774</a> time=<a href="tel:1551644205">1551644205</a> user_id=15312]
Yes not any gig, meaning if piketon has a teaching position open as well a coaching job it could be the perfect job for him if he’s interested on being a head coach again.

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Good to hear.. What all is getting done??

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

Grass

eagles73Taylor
SE

Post by eagles73Taylor »

MasterOfNone wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2019 1:10 pm
greygoose wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2019 8:01 am [quote=metwct44 post_id=<a href="tel:1760053">1760053</a> time=<a href="tel:1551662890">1551662890</a> user_id=12022]
[quote=greygoose post_id=<a href="tel:1759783">1759783</a> time=<a href="tel:1551644687">1551644687</a> user_id=542]
[quote=beaver_5 post_id=<a href="tel:1759774">1759774</a> time=<a href="tel:1551644205">1551644205</a> user_id=15312]
Yes not any gig, meaning if piketon has a teaching position open as well a coaching job it could be the perfect job for him if he’s interested on being a head coach again.

[/quote]

[/quote]

Good to hear.. What all is getting done??
[/quote]

Major upgrades, I started a Piketon football thread on football forum. Check it out.

hbk1999
JV Team

Post by hbk1999 »

A tear rolls down his cheek each morning, thinking lord what have I done. Yellow is not his color.

😂😂😂😂😂

bobcats94
Riding the Bench

Post by bobcats94 »

greygoose wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2019 8:09 am
beaver_5 wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2019 12:01 am I believe it’ll be Kyle Miller taking over the helm at Piketon, and if anyone caught any of Piketon’s Freshman & Jv games this year they would know that the talent is there, the freshman class from this year will have several kids competing for starting spots next season as well as 6-7th man. Yes they are young, but if they get the right guy in there that can push the right buttons, they will steal several wins next season!
Kyle's got his brother at Waverly who's a freshman, and a really nice gig. Not to mention a current opportunity he has on the table at the moment. He really enjoys teaching and I think he truly likes where he's at. I've caught a few Waverly games and he's got just as much input in the game as the head coach, minus the technical calls :D . If he takes it great but I just don't think it's going to happen.

I've noticed Barricks name thrown out there a few times and this one could intrigue me a bit as if there was any truth to it. Barrick has a young group of 8th graders at Eastern I've heard he wanted to stay and coach them and then hang it up. However, I also know that there is a lot of bad blood between players who would like to play ball but just don't want to play for Barrick. With Eastern jumping to SOC2 for whatever reason, I don't know if Barrick will want to endure the next few couple of years of 6-8 win season. Time will tell though but that just seems like one that would catch some off guard but at the same time could be good for all parties involved.
I’ve also been at a lot of waverly games and it’s hard for me to believe Kyle tells Robertson much of anything. If Travis listens it’s because he was already thinking that, many people would agree Robertson is a straight shooter and isn’t going to let an assistant coach run his team.

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

bobcats94 wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2019 7:57 pm
beaver_5 wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2019 12:01 am I believe it’ll be Kyle Miller taking over the helm at Piketon, and if anyone caught any of Piketon’s Freshman & Jv games this year they would know that the talent is there, the freshman class from this year will have several kids competing for starting spots next season as well as 6-7th man. Yes they are young, but if they get the right guy in there that can push the right buttons, they will steal several wins next season!
Kyle's got his brother at Waverly who's a freshman, and a really nice gig. Not to mention a current opportunity he has on the table at the moment. He really enjoys teaching and I think he truly likes where he's at. I've caught a few Waverly games and he's got just as much input in the game as the head coach, minus the technical calls :D . If he takes it great but I just don't think it's going to happen.

I've noticed Barricks name thrown out there a few times and this one could intrigue me a bit as if there was any truth to it. Barrick has a young group of 8th graders at Eastern I've heard he wanted to stay and coach them and then hang it up. However, I also know that there is a lot of bad blood between players who would like to play ball but just don't want to play for Barrick. With Eastern jumping to SOC2 for whatever reason, I don't know if Barrick will want to endure the next few couple of years of 6-8 win season. Time will tell though but that just seems like one that would catch some off guard but at the same time could be good for all parties involved.
I’ve also been at a lot of waverly games and it’s hard for me to believe Kyle tells Robertson much of anything. If Travis listens it’s because he was already thinking that, many people would agree Robertson is a straight shooter and isn’t going to let an assistant coach run his team.
It’s not about assistants running teams. A head coach should ALWAYS be willing to listen to the assistant. Doesn’t mean they have to always agree but input in the game and practice is why the assistants were hired.

bobcats94
Riding the Bench

Post by bobcats94 »

Right I never said head coaches shouldn’t listen to their assistants but by grey gooses post on Kyle having as much input as Robertson is saying he basically coaches the team already. Clear difference there so I don’t get your point

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

bobcats94 wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2019 7:57 pm

Who, what, where or when did anyone say an assistant was running the team??? When I said he has input into the team and talks with Travis do you interpret that as running a team?? Kyle and Travis talk on the sidelines, and Travis is very open to suggestions especially from someone with Kyle's background. No head coach worth his weight in gold is going to have assistants on his team that he can't trust to take advice from or learn from them. Maybe they see the game from a different perspective. So if you've gone to Waverly's games a lot as you said, then you've seen PLENTY of times where Kyle and Travis are talking back and forth, do you think they're talking about the game or where they're going to eat after the game?? JUST WOW

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

bobcats94 wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2019 9:26 pm Right I never said head coaches shouldn’t listen to their assistants but by grey gooses post on Kyle having as much input as Robertson is saying he basically coaches the team already. Clear difference there so I don’t get your point
:roll: :roll:

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

My point is if Robertson didn’t value Miller’s input as much as his own he wouldn’t have him next to him on the bench

bobcats94
Riding the Bench

Post by bobcats94 »

I’m sure Robertson loves having Kyle open up the gym for him, helping him with practices, break down film, etc. I’ve just known Robertson to long to see him changing thoughts much when it comes to in game decisions. Since this thread is about Piketons coaching job opening up I personally would like to see PJ or Shoemaker put their names in. Both very experienced coaches who seem to be under appreciated at current or previous schools. Although Kyle would be a good pick up you know he’ll put in the time. It’ll be interesting whether Travis wants to finish coaching Trey or they both move to play/coach somewhere else next season. I think that’s the true decider in Kyle throwing his name in the mix

Tigersfan2019
Waterboy

Post by Tigersfan2019 »

Is kyle miller brother a good ball player also...

toast
All State

Post by toast »

Good to hear Piketon is getting some big upgrades. It will benefit their kids, school and community.

Apparently Waverly will be rolling out several significant projects/upgrades in the real near future. Good investments in our communities and children. Exciting times for both Waverly and Piketon.

MasterOfNone
All Conference

Post by MasterOfNone »

toast wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2019 10:12 am Good to hear Piketon is getting some big upgrades. It will benefit their kids, school and community.

Apparently Waverly will be rolling out several significant projects/upgrades in the real near future. Good investments in our communities and children. Exciting times for both Waverly and Piketon.
What plans does Waverly have in store?

toast
All State

Post by toast »

MasterOfNone wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2019 1:20 pm
toast wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2019 10:12 am Good to hear Piketon is getting some big upgrades. It will benefit their kids, school and community.

What plans does Waverly have in store?
I can't get too specific at this time and I honestly don't have all the details but I know they are planning on addressing the needs of several different sports and their strength and conditioning class. Things are in the works.

Return to “Boys Basketball”