Chillicothe @ Walnut Ridge 3/1 7:00 Sectional Finals

Ohio1234
JV Team

Chillicothe @ Walnut Ridge 3/1 7:00 Sectional Finals

Post by Ohio1234 »

Walnut Ridge Comes off of a win in their first tourney game over Marysville 77-58, This team is very athletic and will pose a true test for Chillicothe. With logan going down early in the tourney we all see that this central district is no joke. Should be a fun game to watch. What are your thoughts.

bbjunky81
SEO

Re: Chillicothe @ Walnut Ridge 3/1 7:00 Sectional Finals

Post by bbjunky81 »

Walnut Ridge has a 6'4" stud, college level player. Von Cameron Davis. MAC schools already in on him.

Will be a good test for Maughmer. If he can lock him down, I like Chillicothe's chances. If they let him get going, Walnut Ridge wins by 12-15.

Watching SE Ohio basketball
VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

With this being a home game for Walnut Ridge, this might be a tough go for Chillicothe. I really hope I'm wrong, but I will have to give the edge to Walnut Ridge.

CavalierAlum05
Varsity

Post by CavalierAlum05 »

Talked to someone today that said Huffer likes this matchup that’s why he went this way. Hopefully he is right!
GoCavs

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Chillicothe has to win this game. The coach will look stupid if they lose
Last edited by Raider6309 on Mon Feb 25, 2019 8:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

I haven't a clue about Walnut Ridge - I have a hard enough time keeping up with the 72 teams Below the Lancaster-Dixon Line LOL ... I wish Coach Huffer and the Cavs the best in carrying the torch for D1 in the SE District ... never easy playing in the the OCC Central District post season party ... Good luck Cavs ...

LucasDavenport
SEOPS HOF

Post by LucasDavenport »

CavalierAlum05: not sure I understand why you would put that info on here if you are a Cav supporter whether you heard it or not. Makes 0 sense unless you are secretly hoping they lose.

I don’t usually do this and I hope Coach Huffer doesn’t get too mad at me but I will tell you this. I talked to him Friday at Southeastern as he came for both D2 Semis — to watch MCClain then to watch Washington.

I asked him about Walnut Ridge. And he said something very close to this — “ we didn’t really have a good route at that point — we are going on the board 14th and we thought this was the best choice amongst bad choices. It gives a chance — a chance to win a few “. He didn’t like his matchup with Walnut Ridge — not at all — he talked about their stud and some other options they have — but I never heard him say once that he was psyched about playing them. I believe the other options put him in a position to win 1 but not more than 1 game.

Raider6309 please don’t believe everything you hear on here. But, if either of you talk to Coach Huffer I believe he will back up what I wrote.

I heard someone say today that .... c’mon man!

Camp North Star > Camp Mohawk
pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

CavalierAlum05 wrote: Mon Feb 25, 2019 8:30 pm Talked to someone today that said Huffer likes this matchup that’s why he went this way. Hopefully he is right!
GoCavs
... THAT info is incorrect! Coach Huffer and his staff KNEW THAT WALNUT RIDGE WOULD BE TOUGH but felt if they made it by the Ridge in sectional play they would have sidestepped a game with a 1-4 seed in District play ... the Cavs staff know it is a calculated risk but felt like it was worth taking ... all of the D1 games are tough! No free passes at any level in the Central District post season party ...

Please be accurate in what you post ! If you want to know the reasons why - go to Coach Huffer ! He will tell you straight up ... but don’t put something out there that isn’t something Coach Huffer said ...

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Good Luck to Chillicothe

E High
All State

Post by E High »

Good luck Chilly. They did what they’re suppose to do. Win 1 and take your chances. Walnut is good but their best chance to win 1 more in a brutal Central district

Chieftain2009
SEOPS HOF

Post by Chieftain2009 »

Good luck to Chillicothe. I'll give a little insight on Walnut Ridge. They finished runner-up in the City League South division. They currently sit at 18-4. They are the only team the whole season that beat Columbus South this year. This is a fairly high scoring team that can play with anyone. They've outscored their opponents by 420 points this year. So, this will be an extremely tough game for the Cavs to say the least.

Von Cameron Davis, a junior, is their best player, and one of the better players in Central Ohio. He is second in the Central District in scoring at 27.6 points per game (which was just a shade over Logan's Bo Myers). Their second leading scorer is Kaveon Ross, scoring 12.5 points per game. They also have two other players who score just under 10 points each time out. They have 4 players who have scored at least 20 points in at least one game this year.

Aside from their win against South, their other best wins of the year were against Olentangy and Olentangy Orange.

Good luck to the Cavs in this one!

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

Go cavs !
Go Fac !

CavalierAlum05
Varsity

Post by CavalierAlum05 »

Lol Huffer didnt like the matchup but he chose it? :? :? :?

Want the cavs to lose because i stated Huffer liked the matchup? Maybe 'like' wasn't the best choice. 'best' matchup he saw?

btw....i got my info from an ex cavalier announcer of some 20+ years.
Stop blowing s*** out of proportion. Did Huffer choose this matchup or not? thank you. 'Like' ,'best', whaever you wanna call it. christ.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

CavalierAlum05 wrote: Tue Feb 26, 2019 8:05 am Lol Huffer didnt like the matchup but he chose it? :? :? :?

Want the cavs to lose because i stated Huffer liked the matchup? Maybe 'like' wasn't the best choice. 'best' matchup he saw?

btw....i got my info from an ex cavalier announcer of some 20+ years.
Stop blowing s*** out of proportion. Did Huffer choose this matchup or not? thank you. 'Like' ,'best', whaever you wanna call it. christ.
I’ll bet good money Coach H isn’t liking your posts on this thread.

CavalierAlum05
Varsity

Post by CavalierAlum05 »

you think this is 'fuel' for Walnut Ridge? and or any kind of tip? lol
"coach Huffer likes our matchup, we now have the recipe to beating the cavs!"

Lucas calls me out and then states i usually dont do this but im gonna do it. how is that any different. come on guys. we are all middle aged keyboard warriors watching high school basketball. nothing more. stop taking life so serious.
youll be hard pressed to find someone who wants the cavs to win more than me.
I was super critical of coach Huffer at the beginning of the season. As many were after seeing that ZT game. woof. He made adjustments as he does and thats why hes a great coach. but to think im giving some kind of 'leaked' info is just cray cray. He chose this matchup because he think going up against WR gives him the best shot to advance. if you believe anything else your head hurts. be a tough matchup thats what the COACH has to think. hes not gonna pick a game in which he thinks theres little chance.

CavalierAlum05
Varsity

Post by CavalierAlum05 »

and lastly. Why is coach Huffer or any coach on here? This is the last place any coach should be on. focus on the X's and O's and let us popcorn junkies do what we do best.
you think Chris Holtmann gets home from practice and gets on a blog to read what fans think went wrong in Maryland? Come on fellas.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

CavalierAlum05 wrote: Tue Feb 26, 2019 8:21 am you think this is 'fuel' for Walnut Ridge? and or any kind of tip? lol
"coach Huffer likes our matchup, we now have the recipe to beating the cavs!"

Lucas calls me out and then states i usually dont do this but im gonna do it. how is that any different. come on guys. we are all middle aged keyboard warriors watching high school basketball. nothing more. stop taking life so serious.
youll be hard pressed to find someone who wants the cavs to win more than me.
I was super critical of coach Huffer at the beginning of the season. As many were after seeing that ZT game. woof. He made adjustments as he does and thats why hes a great coach. but to think im giving some kind of 'leaked' info is just cray cray. He chose this matchup because he think going up against WR gives him the best shot to advance. if you believe anything else your head hurts. be a tough matchup thats what the COACH has to think. hes not gonna pick a game in which he thinks theres little chance.
Is it possible he had a couple easier 1st round matchups but next game involved a top seed and slim pickens for going any farther? Maybe this matchup is a tough one but winnable if they play really well and a better route at a good tournament run.

LucasDavenport
SEOPS HOF

Post by LucasDavenport »

I didn’t like the .. coach will look stupid .. from the fact that he has to go on the board somewhere!

People that like to be critical of coaches on here always seem to dislike being called out or questioned.. imagine that.

Camp North Star > Camp Mohawk
formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

Chieftain2009 wrote: Tue Feb 26, 2019 4:31 am Good luck to Chillicothe. I'll give a little insight on Walnut Ridge. They finished runner-up in the City League South division. They currently sit at 18-4. They are the only team the whole season that beat Columbus South this year. This is a fairly high scoring team that can play with anyone. They've outscored their opponents by 420 points this year. So, this will be an extremely tough game for the Cavs to say the least.

Von Cameron Davis, a junior, is their best player, and one of the better players in Central Ohio. He is second in the Central District in scoring at 27.6 points per game (which was just a shade over Logan's Bo Myers). Their second leading scorer is Kaveon Ross, scoring 12.5 points per game. They also have two other players who score just under 10 points each time out. They have 4 players who have scored at least 20 points in at least one game this year.

Aside from their win against South, their other best wins of the year were against Olentangy and Olentangy Orange.

Good luck to the Cavs in this one!
I will add that Qian Magwood is an A+ facilitator.

Chillicothe can definitely make a game out of this, but WR is a team that could win a handful of games in the vaunted OCC themselves.

CavalierAlum05
Varsity

Post by CavalierAlum05 »

LucasDavenport wrote: Tue Feb 26, 2019 10:01 am I didn’t like the .. coach will look stupid .. from the fact that he has to go on the board somewhere!

People that like to be critical of coaches on here always seem to dislike being called out or questioned.. imagine that.
That wasn't me.

Return to “Boys Basketball”