SEOP

Re: SEOPS members at the Convo

Post by mlittle »

Imma try to get there Sunday!

BigGuy10
Varsity

Post by BigGuy10 »

mattash wrote: Wed Feb 27, 2019 5:33 pm Lets pick a time and do a huge group photo. I'll bring a bunch of shirts. After 2nd game? Whos down?
Is there a certain “rank” or age limit to join in on this? 😄
Cause if not, I’m there!

scott1297
All Conference

Post by scott1297 »

mattash wrote: Wed Feb 27, 2019 5:33 pm Lets pick a time and do a huge group photo. I'll bring a bunch of shirts. After 2nd game? Whos down?
I'll be there Saturday for the Burg game and possibly the game after. Go Burg!

Burg grad 85
The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

Post by The Ghost of Swanker »

If I show up y’all ain’t gonna jump me right?

Beatin the brakes off em in the thunderdome
Game count 2023 : 54
Pa Trojan
JV Team

Post by Pa Trojan »

I sure do miss this !

peake71
All Conference

Post by peake71 »

I will be there for at least first two games Sat.
I will be there for all the regional semis and finals.

LucasDavenport
SEOPS HOF

Post by LucasDavenport »

For those of you who use multiple user names and obviously have split personalities and perhaps even claim you live in 2 different towns ... just introduce yourself as the name you use the most on here. Keep things simple.

Camp North Star > Camp Mohawk
pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

LucasDavenport wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2019 9:34 am For those of you who use multiple user names and obviously have split personalities and perhaps even claim you live in 2 different towns ... just introduce yourself as the name you use the most on here. Keep things simple.
LMAO ! ... ego & alterego ... is that so they can present 2 sides of the story ? ... I suppose it would give you more hits to a thread AND keep a conversation going ...

burgfella69
JV Team

Post by burgfella69 »

Where can the burg fella meet you wonderful people at the Convo on Saturday? I need a spot to show up at pls? After the second game is right before the Burg game so I will be there!

LucasDavenport
SEOPS HOF

Post by LucasDavenport »

pfloyd wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2019 10:01 am
LucasDavenport wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2019 9:34 am For those of you who use multiple user names and obviously have split personalities and perhaps even claim you live in 2 different towns ... just introduce yourself as the name you use the most on here. Keep things simple.
LMAO ! ... ego & alterego ... is that so they can present 2 sides of the story ? ... I suppose it would give you more hits to a thread AND keep a conversation going ...
And it does happen.

Last night one of our schizophrenic posters claimed to be in one town while using a username which says he lives in another — when he really lives in mine.

Getting smarter though. Instead of bashing directly they have learned to overly praise the other side.

Have to give them credit. They are a legend in their own mind.

Camp North Star > Camp Mohawk
pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

LucasDavenport wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2019 10:55 am
pfloyd wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2019 10:01 am
And it does happen.

Last night one of our schizophrenic posters claimed to be in one town while using a username which says he lives in another — when he really lives in mine.

Getting smarter though. Instead of bashing directly they have learned to overly praise the other side.

Have to give them credit. They are a legend in their own mind.
... I have a hard enough time trying to put 1 thought together at any one time ... 2 thoughts/2 sides of the same conversation ? above my pay grade as an old person ...

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

burgfella69 wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2019 10:16 am Where can the burg fella meet you wonderful people at the Convo on Saturday? I need a spot to show up at pls? After the second game is right before the Burg game so I will be there!
... I'm usually sitting in the 2nd level, west end, 3 rows up, end seat #213 on the aisle (easy escape to get a $7.00 personal pan pizza if needed) ... been in the same seat for 10 years at least - creature of habit or more it's off the beaten path (slightly) ... gives me a good look "up" the court, it's not in the main seating areas which are designated for individual schools, gives the coaches who want to see all of the games but out of the way again of ALL of the school crowds ... they can just watch the game/talk among themselves "usually across 2 or 3 rows LOL" BUT my Cheap Seat location let's you see everyone walking just above the lower level when they are looking for seats ... just off of where the coaches sit to scout games ... close to media row as well - get to see the radio guys/newspaper guys ... Lou Horvath and I were talking last night - he's been doing the high school games at the Convo for 20 years ! as the Voice of SouthEast Ohio High School Basketball ... that's about when I started coming to the Convo when Lou started his walk to fame & Basketball 30 ... sat a little bit of everywhere before settling on "the reserved Cheap Seat on the 2nd level" LOL ...

... burgfella69 ... mattash was looking to find a meeting place between a couple of the games - not sure where he has decided but watch for something to be posted I'm sure soon ...

Reds Fan
JV Team

Post by Reds Fan »

if y'all do the group pic and give shirts out Saturday I won't be there but I will be there in spirit lol going tonight to watch the games. id go tomorrow but prior plans have to come first lol

burgfella69
JV Team

Post by burgfella69 »

pfloyd wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2019 11:38 am
burgfella69 wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2019 10:16 am Where can the burg fella meet you wonderful people at the Convo on Saturday? I need a spot to show up at pls? After the second game is right before the Burg game so I will be there!
... I'm usually sitting in the 2nd level, west end, 3 rows up, end seat #213 on the aisle (easy escape to get a $7.00 personal pan pizza if needed) ... been in the same seat for 10 years at least - creature of habit or more it's off the beaten path (slightly) ... gives me a good look "up" the court, it's not in the main seating areas which are designated for individual schools, gives the coaches who want to see all of the games but out of the way again of ALL of the school crowds ... they can just watch the game/talk among themselves "usually across 2 or 3 rows LOL" BUT my Cheap Seat location let's you see everyone walking just above the lower level when they are looking for seats ... just off of where the coaches sit to scout games ... close to media row as well - get to see the radio guys/newspaper guys ... Lou Horvath and I were talking last night - he's been doing the high school games at the Convo for 20 years ! as the Voice of SouthEast Ohio High School Basketball ... that's about when I started coming to the Convo when Lou started his walk to fame & Basketball 30 ... sat a little bit of everywhere before settling on "the reserved Cheap Seat on the 2nd level" LOL ...

... burgfella69 ... mattash was looking to find a meeting place between a couple of the games - not sure where he has decided but watch for something to be posted I'm sure soon ...
thanks

B-ball-fan
Riding the Bench

Post by B-ball-fan »

I don’t post a lot but have followed SEOPS a long time. We go to the convo every year. I’m lucky my wife and son and daughter love it as much as I do. We will be there tonight, all day tomorrow and Sunday all day. Favorite time of the year for us. Good luck to all the teams this year.

In youth we learn. In age we understand.
pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

B-ball-fan wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2019 1:57 pm I don’t post a lot but have followed SEOPS a long time. We go to the convo every year. I’m lucky my wife and son and daughter love it as much as I do. We will be there tonight, all day tomorrow and Sunday all day. Favorite time of the year for us. Good luck to all the teams this year.
... great stuff B-ball-fan !!! family time at Basketball 30 - perfect !!! enjoy it all !!! ...

bigburgboy
Riding the Bench

Post by bigburgboy »

I know i'm a newer member and haven't posted tons yet, but i would love if I could purchase a t-shirt up at the convo. I'll be there in the afternoon and staying all evening Saturday. Hope to see y'all up at the Convo !

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

bigburgboy wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2019 2:44 pm I know i'm a newer member and haven't posted tons yet, but i would love if I could purchase a t-shirt up at the convo. I'll be there in the afternoon and staying all evening Saturday. Hope to see y'all up at the Convo !
... bigburgboy - that one will need to be answered by the wizard himself mattash ... he's the keeper of the seops tees - hopefully he will get back to you on that - since the purple hippo is on the T-shirt ... feel free to buy and wear all around the world - might get you beat up in the land of the MVL but everywhere else I'm thinking you're safe LOL ...

Return to “Boys Basketball”