Convo 3/2 (1) Wheelersburg vs (4) North Adams

burgfella69
JV Team

Convo 3/2 (1) Wheelersburg vs (4) North Adams

Post by burgfella69 »

Thoughts? Should be a battle at the Convo?

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Re: #1 Wheelersburg vs #4 North Adams, Saturday 3/2

Post by Ironman92 »

I bet there have been some big Burg/North Adams matchups at the Convo. North Adams was there every year back in Dave Young days and his first years was led by a guard named Nathan Copas..he’s the coach and it’s a good bet they’ll be mainstays at the Convo for years to come.

This game is for Burg though. Copas will have them ready but Burg has some big aspirations and I don’t see a SE district team knocking them off (there is one I think that can but I’ll wait to see if the other team gets there)

Burg should prevail

socfan
All Conference

Post by socfan »

Ironman92 wrote: Sun Feb 24, 2019 1:42 pm I bet there have been some big Burg/North Adams matchups at the Convo. North Adams was there every year back in Dave Young days and his first years was led by a guard named Nathan Copas..he’s the coach and it’s a good bet they’ll be mainstays at the Convo for years to come.

This game is for Burg though. Copas will have them ready but Burg has some big aspirations and I don’t see a SE district team knocking them off (there is one I think that can but I’ll wait to see if the other team gets there)

Burg should prevail

Actually, I did the research. This will be the first ever matchup between North Adams & Wheelersburg!!!

Smokyhollowbandit
JV Team

Post by Smokyhollowbandit »

Seen Burg once and North Adams 2x this season. I look for Burh to bring to heat on defense and try to turn North Adams over. North Adams handled the Piketon pressure really well on Saturday so if the Green Devils can handle the Pirate pressure and hit some shots then they may have a chance. I can see this one being a war or Burg winning by 20+. After seeing both teams I expect Burg to play a lot better than they did on Friday and defeat the Green Devils

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

North Adams might hang around for awhile if they are shooting well from the outside. When I saw NA, they also like to get up and down the floor, witch plays right into the Burgs game. Burg had a dismal night shooting the ball against Meigs, I don't see that happening again. I may be wrong, and I'm also getting ahead of myself, but the only team from SEO that stands a chance against the Burg, would be the Ironton Tigers. They can shoot the ball, they play great defense, they have a very good PT guard, plus they can play very physical down low. I think most Burg fans, if they have a choice would rather play any team left rather than Ironton. I'm also aware that the Burg beat Ironton earlier in the year, that's just the way I see it.

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

VetteMan wrote: Mon Feb 25, 2019 12:17 am North Adams might hang around for awhile if they are shooting well from the outside. When I saw NA, they also like to get up and down the floor, witch plays right into the Burgs game. Burg had a dismal night shooting the ball against Meigs, I don't see that happening again. I may be wrong, and I'm also getting ahead of myself, but the only team from SEO that stands a chance against the Burg, would be the Ironton Tigers. They can shoot the ball, they play great defense, they have a very good PT guard, plus they can play very physical down low. I think most Burg fans, if they have a choice would rather play any team left rather than Ironton. I'm also aware that the Burg beat Ironton earlier in the year, that's just the way I see it.
I probably should have looked ahead a little more at the brackets, as I now see that the only way that matchup could happen, would be if they would meet in the Regionals. My bad, should have looked ahead.

bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

Wheelersburg has hands down the best player in Holden

North Adams has a size advantage down low

Guard play is about even I would say, maybe slight edge to Burg.

North Adams is going to have to get the ball in the post and slow the game down. If they try to get in a running match with Holden, watch out -- it could get ugly.

However, North Adams is better than Meigs. If Wheelersburg comes out as flat as they did against Meigs, then they will lose. If they come out with more energy, then I see a 12-15 point win for Burg.

Watching SE Ohio basketball
OSU Alumni 2000
Riding the Bench

Post by OSU Alumni 2000 »

Im going with the upset. North Adams by 8.
North Adams will be disciplined and Copas will have them boys ready.
Wheelersburg looked sluggish against Meigs. Not sure if Burg is wearing down from Football season, but the last few times ive seen them, they haven't been on their game.

spider2Ybanana
JV Team

Post by spider2Ybanana »

The most important aspect about Wheelersburg this season is that even when they have not played well, or been sluggish, or whatever you want to call it, they have found a way to win games. Wheelersburg is athletic enough to defend most teams and this keeps them in games when they do not play well offensively. It has been rare this season that they have not shot the ball well, but each time, their defensive pressure intensifies and they find a way to pull it out. It's impossible to play your best game on both ends 24 times in a row, and each game demands something different. The common theme, if they decide they want to defend, they will be in good shape to win most games.

I'll give Burg a quarter, maybe two, to find their shooting rhythm in the Convo. Ultimately winning by 15+.

burgfella69
JV Team

Post by burgfella69 »

OSU Alumni 2000 wrote: Mon Feb 25, 2019 9:41 am Im going with the upset. North Adams by 8.
Wheelersburg looked sluggish against Meigs. Not sure if Burg is wearing down from Football season, but the last few times ive seen them, they haven't been on their game.
I'm not sure it's possible to play that bad twice if you're Burg

bigburgboy
Riding the Bench

Post by bigburgboy »

This should be a good game up at the Convo, if Burg plays like they know how they'll win by 15-20.
The Burg faithful will be in full support again this weekend as they have been traveling very well.

OSU Alumni 2000
Riding the Bench

Post by OSU Alumni 2000 »

burgfella69 wrote: Mon Feb 25, 2019 10:00 am
OSU Alumni 2000 wrote: Mon Feb 25, 2019 9:41 am Im going with the upset. North Adams by 8.
I cant see them playing that bad 2 consecutive games either. But they'll need to play a heck of a lot better than that to beat N. Adams.

burgfella69
JV Team

Post by burgfella69 »

OSU Alumni 2000 wrote: Mon Feb 25, 2019 10:11 am
burgfella69 wrote: Mon Feb 25, 2019 10:00 am
I cant see them playing that bad 2 consecutive games either. But they'll need to play a heck of a lot better than that to beat N. Adams.
Agreed

orangeandblack98
Riding the Bench

Post by orangeandblack98 »

i havent seen north adams but need to play a lot better like we know how

spider2Ybanana
JV Team

Post by spider2Ybanana »

Does anyone have a roster (with height) for North Adams? Wondering what kind of size they have.

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

Burg needs to shoot a lot better that’s for sure. Holden will get his but others have to contribute. Burg can’t get down again like they did against Meigs. Each game from here on out will be a battle. The District and Regional has some strong teams this year.

In the one and done season anything can happen!! Just ask Eastern Pike!!

scott1297
All Conference

Post by scott1297 »

Hopefully Burg plays better and takes each opponent seriously. I don't think they can afford to come out flat like last game anymore. And hopefully Burgs coach has his team ready and fired up to play this time because Ater got out coached by Meigs coach pretty bad and if it wasn't for Burg just having more talent than Meigs Burg would have lost. I mean seriously Burgs coach had a whole week to prepare for Meigs he knew what was coming but I am hoping he learned a lesson from last game and will be prepared for NA and good luck Burg can't wait to get to the convo and cheer on my Pirates!

Burg grad 85
yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

scott1297 wrote: Mon Feb 25, 2019 9:51 pm Hopefully Burg plays better and takes each opponent seriously. I don't think they can afford to come out flat like last game anymore. And hopefully Burgs coach has his team ready and fired up to play this time because Ater got out coached by Meigs coach pretty bad and if it wasn't for Burg just having more talent than Meigs Burg would have lost. I mean seriously Burgs coach had a whole week to prepare for Meigs he knew what was coming but I am hoping he learned a lesson from last game and will be prepared for NA and good luck Burg can't wait to get to the convo and cheer on my Pirates!

What I didn’t understand is to why Holden didn’t take one shot in the 3rd qtr. That can’t happen the rest of the tourney!

Truth Serum
Riding the Bench

Post by Truth Serum »

Burg will get it going now and win this one easily after the scare with Meiggs.

bobcat2015
Riding the Bench

Post by bobcat2015 »

scott1297 wrote: Mon Feb 25, 2019 9:51 pm Hopefully Burg plays better and takes each opponent seriously. I don't think they can afford to come out flat like last game anymore. And hopefully Burgs coach has his team ready and fired up to play this time because Ater got out coached by Meigs coach pretty bad and if it wasn't for Burg just having more talent than Meigs Burg would have lost. I mean seriously Burgs coach had a whole week to prepare for Meigs he knew what was coming but I am hoping he learned a lesson from last game and will be prepared for NA and good luck Burg can't wait to get to the convo and cheer on my Pirates!

You're 23-0 and it's the coach's job to get a team fired up for each game? I understand what you're saying but couldn't it just be they didn't shoot it well? Ater has been there before and won many district titles. I wasn't there and not saying what did/didn't happen but sometimes when teams don't hit shots there's always that cop out of getting "out coached" or not playing hard.

Return to “Boys Basketball”