Covo 3/1 8:00PM Jackson v Warren

LucasDavenport
SEOPS HOF

Covo 3/1 8:00PM Jackson v Warren

Post by LucasDavenport »

Last game of the D2 Semifinals.

16-7 Jackson v 15-7 Warren.

Something tells me these two have history that will be brought up.

Another great matchup!

Camp North Star > Camp Mohawk
Whs95fan
S

Re: Friday 3/1 8:00. Jackson v Warren

Post by Whs95fan »

Been a long long time since we’ve seen a Jackson Warren matchup with this much on the line, looking forward to the game Friday. Go Blue!

Go Blue
allamericanironman
All Conference

Post by allamericanironman »

Good luck to both teams!
Last edited by allamericanironman on Sun Feb 24, 2019 1:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

toldya
Freshman Team

Post by toldya »

Ok first there really is no history between these programs. Jackson has a small bb history. Coach Maddox is head of a historic program.

Morrow is a nice young coach . I am glad he will get to.learn from Maddox.

Davis is ok. He may get better. But for now he looks like a fb player playing bb.

Donaldson is good. The little guard is uniquely quick.

But In reality this game goes to Warren.

You are right 10 point favorite could be wrong. Maybe 15 sounds better.

allamericanironman
All Conference

toldya wrote: Sun Feb 24, 2019 12:54 pm Ok first there really is no history between these programs. Jackson has a small bb history. Coach Maddox is head of a historic program.

Morrow is a nice young coach . I am glad he will get to.learn from Maddox.

Davis is ok. He may get better. But for now he looks like a fb player playing bb.

Donaldson is good. The little guard is uniquely quick.

But In reality this game goes to Warren.

You are right 10 point favorite could be wrong. Maybe 15 sounds better.
You literally have waited 3 weeks to make that post. good for you. how is Logan doing today buddy?

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

allamericanironman wrote: Sun Feb 24, 2019 12:38 pm Good luck to both teams!
Didn’t Warren beat Chillicothe on the road a couple weeks ago?

allamericanironman
All Conference

Glad we have a full week to get healthy now
Last edited by allamericanironman on Sun Feb 24, 2019 2:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Barry Bonds spent his first 16 seasons winning every personal accolade and award but would always say “I just want to get to the World Series...I want to play in the Workd Series”.....in his 17th season he finally got there and he was incredible, but his team lost a heartbreaking 7 game series” The Jackson Ironmen have broken their 16 years since making the Convo, but the goal isn’t to get there, the goal is to win there. The Ironmen are coming to win at the Convo.

Jackson and Warren scrimmed in the preseason and what I watched wasn’t basketball. It was rough (too rough), rugged (too rugged) and really didn’t resemble basketball. This game will have top officials and will be tough and physical but basketball will prevail.

Warren wanted the 3 seed and they are where they want to be and playing who they wanted to play. They recently had an incredible and hard to fathom win at Chillicothe and all but beat Logan. Warren is the favorite here. Maddox is one of the very elite coaches around, many believe he is the very best. His kids are known for doing things very well...boxing out, hustle, ball movement, helpside defense etc. Warren will not beat themselves, if Jackson wants to win they have to out Warren, Warren.

Jackson is motivated and focused. The Ironmen are peaking at the perfect time. The pressure of 1,000 points and making the Convo is gone...weight is lifted. Time to play basketball now, loose, free but disciplined and focused. This game is winnable for the Ironmen, going to need everyone doing their role and making plays.

Can’t wait!

Reds Fan
JV Team

Post by Reds Fan »

I think if Jackson can win the first quarter they give them self a great chance to win this game. I say this because the kids at Jackson have not played at the convo before so they don't know what to expect. the only one who has is Yates. everything about playing at the convo is different, the size of the floor, the background view when shooting, the atmosphere and most importantly the pressure. the kids from Warren are used to that and know what to expect. so if Jackson can handle the jitters I think they can win this game

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Reds Fan wrote: Sun Feb 24, 2019 1:30 pm I think if Jackson can win the first quarter they give them self a great chance to win this game. I say this because the kids at Jackson have not played at the convo before so they don't know what to expect. the only one who has is Yates. everything about playing at the convo is different, the size of the floor, the background view when shooting, the atmosphere and most importantly the pressure. the kids from Warren are used to that and know what to expect. so if Jackson can handle the jitters I think they can win this game
Not sure Warren kids playing there a year ago will help being used to shooting backround. The environment yeah but I think Jackson kids are going to embrace it and run with it
Last edited by Ironman92 on Sun Feb 24, 2019 2:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

allamericanironman
All Conference

This just in:
1995 Ironmen at the Convo
“ I have a photo of the shirts we wore to Athens that year. You are correct
Jared Wolford Brad Howe Shane Shanton were a few of the players.” - anonymous email just received

CTE<allamericanironman

Reds Fan
JV Team

Post by Reds Fan »

Ironman92 wrote: Sun Feb 24, 2019 1:49 pm
Reds Fan wrote: Sun Feb 24, 2019 1:30 pm I think if Jackson can win the first quarter they give them self a great chance to win this game. I say this because the kids at Jackson have not played at the convo before so they don't know what to expect. the only one who has is Yates. everything about playing at the convo is different, the size of the floor, the background view when shooting, the atmosphere and most importantly the pressure. the kids from Warren are used to that and know what to expect. so if Jackson can handle the jitters I think they can win this game
Not sure Warren kids playing there a year ago will help being used to shooting backround. The environment yeah but I think Jackson kids are going to embrace it and run with it
I never said they couldn't handle it, I think they will be just fine. I just thought it might just be some jitters off the start that's all

WarriorBlue
Varsity

Post by WarriorBlue »

The Warriors have a couple things that play in their favor in this matchup.
First the incredibly tough schedule the Warriors faced all season but especially down the stretch. Their last 5-6 games have all been “tournament” atmosphere type games. Playing PSouth, At Chilly, and Logan were all high pressure ball games. The Warriors are battle tested.
The 2nd thing is the veteran coaching staff for The Big Bad Blue. They’ve been here. 3 of the 5 starters played or started last years District Semifinal game. The other 2 kids are upperclassmen.
Even without the high profile names the Warriors are capable of winning this game.

toldya
Freshman Team

Post by toldya »

Oh aa. Glad you went persona instead of talking bb and further embarrassing you community.

Btw maybe you should share the lifetime wins and losses in that bb rivalry you mention.

Everything I said was accurate. Things you say . ..?

allamericanironman
All Conference

toldya wrote: Sun Feb 24, 2019 3:23 pm Oh aa. Glad you went persona instead of talking bb and further embarrassing you community.

Btw maybe you should share the lifetime wins and losses in that bb rivalry you mention.

Everything I said was accurate. Things you say . ..?
What’s the best way to get to the convo? Where is the best place to park?

toldya
Freshman Team

Post by toldya »

Aa. For the good of Jackson take 32 west and keep driving.

Good luck Ironmen.

allamericanironman
All Conference

toldya wrote: Sun Feb 24, 2019 3:36 pm Aa. For the good of Jackson take 32 west and keep driving.

Good luck Ironmen.
Got it! Thanks.

Vik
JV Team

Post by Vik »

I watched GA play both. Warren is 8-10 points better. This game is Warren’s to lose and Maddox isn’t very good at that.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

SEOAL matchup #2 - Jackson vs Warren !!! the Jackson vs Gallia Academy "play in" game SEOAL matchup #1 ... should be a fun game to watch from the Cheap Seats at the Convo ... I92 ! am I wrong in thinking that the Ironmen's last appearance at the Convo had one Max Morrow playing for IHS and Coach Dustin Ford courtside ???

Ed Ott
Varsity

Post by Ed Ott »

Not real confident on this. My $$$ would be on Warren.

Warren 56-48

Return to “Boys Basketball”