Convo 2/28 6:15PM Zane Trace v Athens

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Re: Zane Trace vs Athens 2/28

Post by VetteMan »

93Bulldog wrote: Mon Feb 25, 2019 7:40 pm Due to circumstances (technical foul) during the Logan Elm game, Isiah Butcher I am being told is suspended for Thursdays district semi final vs Zane Trace. one of there one of there

A very unfortunate blow to the Bulldogs.
Boy this certainly throws a different light on this game. I know the other kids will want to show that they can win with or without one of there main players. I hope the other kids don't try to over do it, and then if things aren't going there way, start to tighten up. I don't know what happened, we all make mistakes, kids included. I'm sure that the kid is very remorseful for what happened, and will feel as if he has let the team down. He's not the first kid that something like this has happened to, as emotions run pretty high at times. I would say that he feels worse than any other person in Athens County right now.

Spartan12
Freshman Team

Post by Spartan12 »

pfloyd wrote: Mon Feb 25, 2019 7:02 pm I'm going with the Athens match-up zone to limit the ZT inside game ... Evans doesn't shoot the 3 ball - looks to penetrate ... I like the A'town zone to limit his opportunities ... that leaves us with Swain/Ison both CAN make threes BUT don't put up many ... the size/athleticism of Nesser/Davidson will determine if ZT advances imo - IF the ZT bigs can score vs the size/length of the Bulldogs - Hynes/Butcher/Chubb then it's up for grabs ... Williams had one of his best games vs LE - handling the ball, didn't try to do too much with it AND SCORED ... he's going to get a couple of transition fg's mark it down - it's just what he does with his quickness on the perimeter defensively in the match-up 3-2 ... it will be a close one ! but I'm sticking with AHS in this one ...
Mr pfloyd, “Evans doesn’t shoot the 3 ball?” He led the SVC in 3 pointers this season. He made 44 - 3 pointers this year .

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

VetteMan wrote: Mon Feb 25, 2019 10:54 pm
93Bulldog wrote: Mon Feb 25, 2019 7:40 pm Due to circumstances (technical foul) during the Logan Elm game, Isiah Butcher I am being told is suspended for Thursdays district semi final vs Zane Trace. one of there one of there

I don't know what happened, we all make mistakes, kids included. I'm sure that the kid is very remorseful for what happened, and will feel as if he has let the team down. He's not the first kid that something like this has happened to, as emotions run pretty high at times. I would say that he feels worse than any other person in Athens County right now.
I am absolutely one of those people who give kids the benefit of the doubt - and I'm always the guy who gives 2nd and 3rd chances. Unfortunately this young man, who happens to be very talented, has a little bit of impulse control problems. This will be the 2nd time this school year he has been suspended from games. He also had to sit out two football games this past fall. Now its the biggest basketball game of the year, and he won't be available ... I don't care how good a player is or what level he competes at from junior high to NBA - if your teammates can't count on you and you're not available - then its a problem.
Last edited by 93Bulldog on Tue Feb 26, 2019 3:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Bozo
S

Post by Bozo »

Again, run his A@@ off. Don’t hurt the rest of the team.

formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

Bozo wrote: Tue Feb 26, 2019 10:01 am Again, run his A@@ off. Don’t hurt the rest of the team.
You were heard the first time!

Ground Buck
All Conference

Post by Ground Buck »

93Bulldog wrote: Mon Feb 25, 2019 7:40 pm Due to circumstances (technical foul) during the Logan Elm game, Isiah Butcher I am being told is suspended for Thursdays district semi final vs Zane Trace.

Those "danged Glouster refs" strike again. :mrgreen:

Seriously though, I won't be surprised if the game suspension gets lifted. Some people have a way of "convincing" the administration that it might not be a good idea to impose discipline on certain players. Stay tuned. :mrgreen:

Disclaimer: This is all an opinion and I am therefore hoping we can still express opinions on this site without retort.
93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Ground Buck wrote: Tue Feb 26, 2019 11:48 am
93Bulldog wrote: Mon Feb 25, 2019 7:40 pm Due to circumstances (technical foul) during the Logan Elm game, Isiah Butcher I am being told is suspended for Thursdays district semi final vs Zane Trace.

Seriously though, I won't be surprised if the game suspension gets lifted. Some people have a way of "convincing" the administration that it might not be a good idea to impose discipline on certain players. Stay tuned. :mrgreen:
Well, when you have two schools/teams involved, video of the incident and the OHSAA also involved ... I don't think there is much anyone can say.
Very unfortunate situation and terrible timing.
Makes things worse, another key player for the Dogs is suffering from the flu this week.

warrior1
Waterboy

Post by warrior1 »

93Bulldog wrote: Tue Feb 26, 2019 12:19 pm

Well, when you have two schools/teams involved, video of the incident and the OHSAA also involved ... I don't think there is much anyone can say.
Makes things worse, another key player for the Dogs is suffering from the flu this week.
Very unfortunate situation but it sounds like they are doing the correct thing. Credit goes to the Athens coach or school for stepping in on this terrible situation.

bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

I want to give my prediction on this game but I refuse to do so until we find out if VisionQuest is back on his meds or not.

Watching SE Ohio basketball
Ground Buck
All Conference

Post by Ground Buck »

warrior1 wrote: Tue Feb 26, 2019 12:22 pm
93Bulldog wrote: Tue Feb 26, 2019 12:19 pm

Very unfortunate situation but it sounds like they are doing the correct thing. Credit goes to the Athens coach or school for stepping in on this terrible situation.
My guess is it was out of the hands of the local administration. Without the state stepping in he would most likely be playing, right or wrong. :mrgreen:

Disclaimer: This is all an opinion and I am therefore hoping we can still express opinions on this site without retort.
LucasDavenport
SEOPS HOF

Post by LucasDavenport »

The state stepped in?

1 game or 2?

Camp North Star > Camp Mohawk
pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

Spartan12 wrote: Tue Feb 26, 2019 9:28 am
pfloyd wrote: Mon Feb 25, 2019 7:02 pm I'm going with the Athens match-up zone to limit the ZT inside game ... Evans doesn't shoot the 3 ball - looks to penetrate ... I like the A'town zone to limit his opportunities ... that leaves us with Swain/Ison both CAN make threes BUT don't put up many ... the size/athleticism of Nesser/Davidson will determine if ZT advances imo - IF the ZT bigs can score vs the size/length of the Bulldogs - Hynes/Butcher/Chubb then it's up for grabs ... Williams had one of his best games vs LE - handling the ball, didn't try to do too much with it AND SCORED ... he's going to get a couple of transition fg's mark it down - it's just what he does with his quickness on the perimeter defensively in the match-up 3-2 ... it will be a close one ! but I'm sticking with AHS in this one ...
Mr pfloyd, “Evans doesn’t shoot the 3 ball?” He led the SVC in 3 pointers this season. He made 44 - 3 pointers this year .
... He must shoot ALL of the 5-7 that ZT puts up per game - which I KNOW isn't the case because when I saw them play at Adena the ONLY ones to make a 3 were Swain & Ison - Evans had zero - as a TEAM they aren't putting up anywhere close to 10 per outing ... ZT is one of the few teams I have seen which runs plays to get a medium range 2 point shot ...

Spartan12
Freshman Team

Post by Spartan12 »

pfloyd wrote: Tue Feb 26, 2019 4:31 pm
... He must shoot ALL of the 5-7 that ZT puts up per game - which I KNOW isn't the case because when I saw them play at Adena the ONLY ones to make a 3 were Swain & Ison - Evans had zero - as a TEAM they aren't putting up anywhere close to 10 per outing ... ZT is one of the few teams I have seen which runs plays to get a medium range 2 point shot ...
Haha. Yea, they don’t shoot a lot of them but I assure you (he made 44 - 3pointers). He shoots them at a high percentage and some of them have been NBA range . Swain and Ison can shoot the 3 ball as well like you mentioned. I didn’t really want to point you out, but really think it was an inaccurate statement especially after seeing the stats. :)

LucasDavenport
SEOPS HOF

Post by LucasDavenport »

If Evans makes 2 Threes a game then he does get the majority of his points inside the arc.

He’s a handful no matter which way you slice it.

Camp North Star > Camp Mohawk
pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

Spartan12 wrote: Tue Feb 26, 2019 4:37 pm

Haha. Yea, they don’t shoot a lot of them but I assure you (he made 44 - 3pointers). He shoots them at a high percentage and some of them have been NBA range . Swain and Ison can shoot the 3 ball as well like you mentioned. I didn’t really want to point you out, but really think it was an inaccurate statement especially after seeing the stats. :)
... ohhhh I definitely think he would be able to make a high percentage IF he chose to shoot the 3ball BUT Coach K's Pioneers don't live or die by the 3 ball ... Evans with his ability, and strength to get into the paint & finish - he has defenders back on their heels trying to keep him out of the paint which gives him the opportunity for some good looks from downtown ... hey! don't worry about pointing ME out ! I post what I know/what "I" have seen - you folks who see your teams for 22 games KNOW the team/player so much better - I see them for the matchup of a particular game not the entire season ...

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

pfloyd wrote: Tue Feb 26, 2019 4:52 pm
Spartan12 wrote: Tue Feb 26, 2019 4:37 pm

... ohhhh I definitely think he would be able to make a high percentage IF he chose to shoot the 3ball BUT Coach K's Pioneers don't live or die by the 3 ball ... Evans with his ability, and strength to get into the paint & finish - he has defenders back on their heels trying to keep him out of the paint which gives him the opportunity for some good looks from downtown ... hey! don't worry about pointing ME out ! I post what I know/what "I" have seen - you folks who see your teams for 22 games KNOW the team/player so much better - I see them for the matchup of a particular game not the entire season ...
He made 44 this season at 35%

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Re: Convo 2/28 6:15PM Zane Trace v Athens

Post by 93Bulldog »

Early weeknight start time ...
First time on the Convo floor ...

Whichever team can adapt to the unusual circumstances and surroundings should have a small advantage. The bigger Convo floor is always talked about and discussed. From reading about ZT it seems they don't have much depth, but with Butcher out and one player with the flu, Athens won't have any depth either. Could be a battle of attrition Thursday with the first team to 40 winning.

vcgrad
All Conference

Post by vcgrad »

It will be a ugly game no matter who wins----just like Zane Trace at the end---I just wish I could be there.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

LucasDavenport wrote: Tue Feb 26, 2019 4:45 pm If Evans makes 2 Threes a game then he does get the majority of his points inside the arc.

He’s a handful no matter which way you slice it.
Vs Hillsboro he had a pretty balance scoring with three, midrange, and in the paint. Athens needs to keep him from going off.

final4
Waterboy

Post by final4 »

The convo floor is no bigger than Southeastern. Regulation floor is 94' x 50'. The difference is the portable baskets and space behind them when shooting.

Return to “Boys Basketball”