JV Team

Re: Zane Trace vs Athens 2/28

Post by Reds Fan »

ZT by 7

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

Zane Trace certainly has the size and athletes to match up with Athens and Chad Ison’s late season emergence gives them an extra threat from the outside as well. If Colby Swain is fully healthy, I like his chance to control Williams a bit.

The SVC is down, but ZT went out and challenged themselves in the non conference and they’ll be ready for Athens. I wouldn’t be surprised if they struggled, especially after the Hillsboro game, but I also wouldn’t be surprised if they won in a blowout.

Cam Evans is a flat out stud, but they do need a bigger output out of Nesser on the offensive end for that possible blowout to happen, if not, it’ll be a dogfight.

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

I have gone back and forth on this game, and I really think that it will be a very close game. I think that Evans will get his points, as he is a very good at shooting the ball. I do like the zone that the Bulldogs play. I do like the balanced scoring that Athens is capable of. I would not be surprised at all that one of the big factors in how the game goes will be how the officials call the game. I may be wrong, but it's most likely that the officials could be 3 guys that have not called a game for either one of these teams. We always hear that in tournament time, that they sometimes allow a little more physical play. Does that favor one team over the other, I guess we will just have to wait and see. By the way, I give a slim edge to the Bulldogs.

vcgrad
All Conference

Post by vcgrad »

WAs at the game against LE---Athens got real lucky--Williams hurts them or kills them. Seems to have to many turnovers at the wrong time and this time of year foul shots (missing them) will get out early. Love TVC but think Zane has too much .

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

vcgrad wrote: Mon Feb 25, 2019 3:13 pm WAs at the game against LE---Athens got real lucky--Williams hurts them or kills them. Seems to have to many turnovers at the wrong time and this time of year foul shots (missing them) will get out early. Love TVC but think Zane has too much .
Two thing you mentioned, turnovers & missed foul shots, are not determined. Not guaranteed to happen. Elijah could just as easily have a game with 2 or 3 turnovers or 7. You just dont know.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

I'm going with the Athens match-up zone to limit the ZT inside game ... Evans doesn't shoot the 3 ball - looks to penetrate ... I like the A'town zone to limit his opportunities ... that leaves us with Swain/Ison both CAN make threes BUT don't put up many ... the size/athleticism of Nesser/Davidson will determine if ZT advances imo - IF the ZT bigs can score vs the size/length of the Bulldogs - Hynes/Butcher/Chubb then it's up for grabs ... Williams had one of his best games vs LE - handling the ball, didn't try to do too much with it AND SCORED ... he's going to get a couple of transition fg's mark it down - it's just what he does with his quickness on the perimeter defensively in the match-up 3-2 ... it will be a close one ! but I'm sticking with AHS in this one ...

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Due to circumstances (technical foul) during the Logan Elm game, Isiah Butcher I am being told is suspended for Thursdays district semi final vs Zane Trace.

A very unfortunate blow to the Bulldogs.

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

93Bulldog wrote: Mon Feb 25, 2019 7:40 pm Due to circumstances (technical foul) during the Logan Elm game, Isiah Butcher I am being told is suspended for Thursdays district semi final vs Zane Trace.

That’s brutal.

Bozo
S

Post by Bozo »

Make him run. Hurting the whole team!

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

93Bulldog wrote: Mon Feb 25, 2019 7:40 pm Due to circumstances (technical foul) during the Logan Elm game, Isiah Butcher I am being told is suspended for Thursdays district semi final vs Zane Trace.

What?

A technical gets you suspended a game?

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Ironman92 wrote: Mon Feb 25, 2019 8:09 pm

What?

It was the nature of the T
A punch thrown - that once seen on video - was worse than what it looked live.
At least, that is the info I have been hearing.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

I didn’t think he threw a punch. I was in the middle of the LE people and no one complained. Osborne said he didn’t make a play on the ball.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

93Bulldog wrote: Mon Feb 25, 2019 8:14 pm
Ironman92 wrote: Mon Feb 25, 2019 8:09 pm

What?

It was the nature of the T
A punch thrown - that once seen on video - was worse than what it looked live.
At least, that is the info I have been hearing.
Thanks for the insight

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Raider6309 wrote: Mon Feb 25, 2019 8:24 pm I didn’t think he threw a punch. I was in the middle of the LE people and no one complained. Osborne said he didn’t make a play on the ball.
Like I said, after watching replay it was worse than what it appeared live. Obviously.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... that moves Chubb down low and Markins on a wing ... Markins has been playing well - doesn't hurt the Bulldogs when he is in ... Steven/Whiting/Mace will get time off the bench as well ... HAVE TO GET the ball to Hynes inside and Chubb will need to do "A LOT" both inside and out - the young man is a gamer look for him to respond to the challenge ... makes the bench really short for AHS ... on the positive side - as I said ZT doesn't shoot the 3 ball ! - the zone will be mainly to keep Evans out of the paint ... talk about a challenge now for the dawgs ... I wish them the best ...

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

At least Zane Trace also has no depth. This could be a 30-28 type game.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Butcher was the man against us....his range is needed at the Convo

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Ironman92 wrote: Mon Feb 25, 2019 8:44 pm Butcher was the man against us....his range is needed at the Convo
I was looking forward to ZT underestimating the big fella's range. I was expecting 2 or 3 treys in the first half before they realized it. Not now. Raider is right. 35-32 type game thur. lol

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

His strength, big body "ain't" going to be replaced ... going to have to slow it way down offensively ... might be a battle of attrition - both teams wanting to go inside ... might come down to how the zebras call it - there WILL BE BIG BODY on BIG BODY in the paint ... I hope they let them be "big bodies" and not finesse players in the paint ... if not - advantage ZT ...

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

They actually look identical at starting line ups now

Return to “Boys Basketball”