Fairland VS Alexander 2/23

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Re: Fairland VS Alexander 2/23

Post by pfloyd »

mrwonderful wrote: Sun Feb 24, 2019 3:14 pm No it's not about trying to out do you..I think you do a great job... It's just Fairland wasn't even close to last years team....I still can't believe SP was only team who beat them in the OVC...I'm not the only person who thinks like that..... You did a good job with the rankings!!!! Maybe I'll see you at the James in the Future...… Thanks for the work you do on here...……………………….
... wasn't implying at all that anyone was trying to "out do" me - sorry if it came across that way ... THIS years Dragons were NEVER going to be LAST years Dragons ... not a fair comparison at all imo ... one of the best groups of players SEOhio has seen on the same team - no TEAM is going to compare with THAT group from FHS ... THIS group of Dragons made their OWN impact on the OVC by NOT being last years Dragons ... if you go by the "Fairland wasn't even close to last years team " - THAT I WILL GIVE YOU ... but to say that THIS group was not as good as Ironton, CG, Gallia - there is no evidence to support that as THIS group of Dragons BEAT each of those teams twice - once an Proctorville once each at Gallia, CG, and T'town ... those teams had their opportunities to PROVE that they were/are better than THIS group of Dragons - they didn't get the job done ... whether you're me ranking teams or just a person who watches hoops there has to be a barometer for "which teams are better than other teams" THAT barometer is "wins/losses ... head to head wins/losses ... SoS ..." ...everyone IS entitled to an opinion - I respect all of them but those opinions with supporting evidence seem to hold more water ... otherwise I'm thinking the opinion is more of an "I feel that ..." variety ... by the way I'm headed to the James on March 11th for my yearly blood draws/CT Scans/oncologist appointment give me the results of the days tests ...

mrwonderful
Varsity

Post by mrwonderful »

Good luck at the James!!!!!!! I just had my yearly test!!!! been 12 years!!!!

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

mrwonderful wrote: Sun Feb 24, 2019 3:48 pm Good luck at the James!!!!!!! I just had my yearly test!!!! been 12 years!!!!
... yesssssss ! amen and congratulations !!! feel free to continue to watch all of the games you can ... live life - awesome news mrwonderful (((bro hug))) ...

Unbiased
Waterboy

Post by Unbiased »

mrwonderful wrote: Sun Feb 24, 2019 12:48 pm I knew Fairland wasn't going anywhere and that they weren't a top 7 team.... I don't care that they won OVC.. There were 3 or 4 teams in OVC who were better.... Like I said earlier in the year Ironton has the best team in OVC......Followed by Coal Grove and Gallia...…..
Imagine tearing down a team of 5 seniors, 2 sophomores and a freshman that NEVER got varsity time over 3 years, came in and RAN through the league, then get criticized because they weren’t the same state qualifying team like the previous group. A team that was projected to win 6 OVC games. A team that went to CG and Gallia and absolutely embarrassed them. Yet, no credit is given. This is a ridiculous post. Open your eyes. 5 seniors that waited 3 years to play, then took advantage, if you want to degrade them for having a bad tournament game against Alexander, go ahead. I sure wouldn’t be able to.

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

Unbiased wrote: Mon Feb 25, 2019 9:25 am
mrwonderful wrote: Sun Feb 24, 2019 12:48 pm I knew Fairland wasn't going anywhere and that they weren't a top 7 team.... I don't care that they won OVC.. There were 3 or 4 teams in OVC who were better.... Like I said earlier in the year Ironton has the best team in OVC......Followed by Coal Grove and Gallia...…..
Imagine tearing down a team of 5 seniors, 2 sophomores and a freshman that NEVER got varsity time over 3 years, came in and RAN through the league, then get criticized because they weren’t the same state qualifying team like the previous group. A team that was projected to win 6 OVC games. A team that went to CG and Gallia and absolutely embarrassed them. Yet, no credit is given. This is a ridiculous post. Open your eyes. 5 seniors that waited 3 years to play, then took advantage, if you want to degrade them for having a bad tournament game against Alexander, go ahead. I sure wouldn’t be able to.
Nice post!

Tri-StateYouthSports
SEOP

Post by Tri-StateYouthSports »

Exactly!

And since wins and losses don't matter, according to mrwonderful, maybe they can just cancel the OVC games next year and he can tell us the finishing order of the league based on his illogical opinion.

If who scores the most points doesn't matter, why even play games? :lol:

Post by wobycat »

Tri-StateYouthSports wrote: Mon Feb 25, 2019 11:17 am
Exactly!

And since wins and losses don't matter, according to mrwonderful, maybe they can just cancel the OVC games next year and he can tell us the finishing order of the league based on his illogical opinion.

If who scores the most points doesn't matter, why even play games? :lol:
You argued with me about scheduling. I didn't think Alexander would beat Fairland especially by 23 points. Didn't Fairland lose to a D1 team by 23? Am I supposed to believe that Alexander is as good as that team?

trojandave
SEOP
Location: Portsmouth HS--15 State Appearances in Boys Basketball--4th All Time in Ohio

Post by trojandave »

Despite the loss, Fairland is still the OVC champions for the 4th year in a row. Very good season for the Dragons who were probably the only team in the SE district to lose their top 6 players from a year ago.

Very good win for Alexander.......they will be a very tough out from here on.

Tri-StateYouthSports
SEOP

Post by Tri-StateYouthSports »

wobycat wrote: Mon Feb 25, 2019 11:47 am
You argued with me about scheduling. I didn't think Alexander would beat Fairland especially by 23 points. Didn't Fairland lose to a D1 team by 23? Am I supposed to believe that Alexander is as good as that team?
Yes, Alexander is as good as Dublin Coffman. :roll:

Post by Unbiased »

wobycat... I see the point that you are attempting to make, however even if that was correct, the games were quite different as the subs for both teams were in the 4th quarter against Coffman. Meanwhile, I'm not sure if you were at the Fairland/Alex game but Alexander was leading by 7 points before Fairland started intentional fouling and due to Alexander shooting very well from the free throw line, and Fairland shooting poorly from three, it ended up at 23. So it was not exactly the same thing.

burgfella69
JV Team

Post by burgfella69 »

Unbiased wrote: Sat Feb 23, 2019 9:21 pm Winner of this game, wins the district. Alexander has done a phenomenal job on Fairlands guards.
You think Alexander can beat Wheelersburg?

vcgrad
All Conference

Post by vcgrad »

I told YOU Alex won't go anywhere without the big boy scoring 15 to 20 pts a game. I am so glad the coach decided to use him. He better use him against Wheelersburg or its the end of the road!!! GO TVC>>>>>

Unbiased
Waterboy

Post by Unbiased »

burgfella69 wrote: Mon Feb 25, 2019 2:21 pm
Unbiased wrote: Sat Feb 23, 2019 9:21 pm Winner of this game, wins the district. Alexander has done a phenomenal job on Fairlands guards.
Yes, I think Alexander can beat Wheelersburg. Just my personal opinion. I did in fact feel more strongly about Fairland over Burg but that will obviously not happen now

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Unbiased wrote: Mon Feb 25, 2019 3:53 pm
Yes, I think Alexander can beat Wheelersburg. Just my personal opinion. I did in fact feel more strongly about Fairland over Burg but that will obviously not happen now
This is the best team talent wise since the state final four team of cowgill, Spradlin, and cam, except this team has Holden who’s th best I’ve seen play for burg as long as Holden plays at his ability. He’s very hard to stop when he’s on.

The difference in this team and that team is coaching. Coach Ater needs to motivate his kids during the game. If he can get these guys motivated along with them, they probably end up in the final four. When they are on playing with emotion, there’s very few teams that I know of that can handle that. Probably a harvest prep because they can match athletes. Meigs was a fluke. Expect a different team next game out.

scott1297
All Conference

Post by scott1297 »

mrwonderful wrote: Sun Feb 24, 2019 3:14 pm No it's not about trying to out do you..I think you do a great job... It's just Fairland wasn't even close to last years team....I still can't believe SP was only team who beat them in the OVC...I'm not the only person who thinks like that..... You did a good job with the rankings!!!! Maybe I'll see you at the James in the Future...… Thanks for the work you do on here...……………………….
Fairland was a good and well coached team they just picked the wrong time to have a bad game every team has one or sometimes more than one just look at the Burg v/s Meigs game that's a great example

Burg grad 85
burgfella69
JV Team

Post by burgfella69 »

Unbiased wrote: Mon Feb 25, 2019 3:53 pm
interesting

Ddg
Waterboy

Post by Ddg »

incorrect completely Fairland beat all three of those teams this year TWICE

Return to “Boys Basketball”