Sectional Final: #1 Wheelersburg vs #9 Meigs @ Jackson, 2/22

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Re: Sectional Final: #1 Wheelersburg vs #9 Meigs @ Jackson, 2/22

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

victor creed wrote: Sat Feb 23, 2019 10:45 am Potato ,pototo. I think we can mostly agree Meigs gameplan to slow it down. And their effort and burgs impatience and possibly taking Meigs lightly worked to a charm in the first period Love the all classy posts by svac83 in his explanation of what he saw and the rebuttal. Reading debates like that is why I come on here very refreshing from some of the other stuff. Bottom line is burg cannot shoot the ball like that thru the tourney and home to keep winning. I did like how thy really turned up the intensity defensively once they dug themselves into the hole. Going into the game their defense was at times suspect and imo am are they needed to improve. Great job by coach Ater and the staff to keep our kids heads in the game. Also kudos to Meigs. Great coaching job by their staff as well and their kids played hard the entire game
If Burg plays Fairland in the district final look for the same scenario. They really like to take the air out of the ball.

Against teams like that and like Meigs last night you have to hit shots when you have wide open looks and Burg did not do that last night. You have to get the team that is slowing it down behind early and make them play your style of ball which in Burg's case is up tempo.

Who knows, If Burg matches up with Harvest Prep again or whoever plays them might just want to play slow down ball. It almost worked for Garaway last year.

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

Anyone have video of Tanners dunk at the end of the game?

"Welcome back my friends to the show that never ends"
522Pirate
Varsity

Post by 522Pirate »

Burg_Grad_77 wrote: Sat Feb 23, 2019 3:16 pm Anyone have video of Tanners dunk at the end of the game?
It's on the Portsmouth Daily Times Facebook page...

Return to “Boys Basketball”