Green vs Whiteoak

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Re: Green vs Whiteoak

Post by pfloyd »

Ironman92 wrote: Wed Feb 27, 2019 8:50 pm
pfloyd wrote: Wed Feb 27, 2019 8:03 pm
art_vandelay wrote: Wed Feb 27, 2019 7:35 pm Great game and congrats to Whiteoak on pulling the upset. Unfortunate draw for Green as Whiteoak not your typical 7 seed. Congrats to Green seniors on great careers...been a nice run for Green in all sports last few years.*
art_vandelay ... the player who was hurt early in the season for Whiteoak - is he back ? (I'm sorry I can't recall his name -I92 could tell us right off the bat) ...
Traeton Hamilton....best athlete in the school. 1st team all-state baseball player and he can get where he wants on the court. He takes Whiteoak up a notch or so.
... good stuff I92 ... glad Traeton Hamilton is BACK on the court ! Whiteoaks record that got them the #7 "ain't" a #7 with Hamilton back in the fold - looking forward to seeing WHS at the Convo - AGAIN !

3sUp
Varsity

Post by 3sUp »

Congrats on making the convo Whiteoak! Great to see you here now from where you were just a year ago

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

2CCC7C7E-3752-4401-A119-375476D3372D.jpeg
Nate to the Convo

Hoopie74
SEOP

Post by Hoopie74 »

Congrats Whiteoak and congrats Nate!!!!!! Go wildcats and go SHAC.

alabama mike
SE

Post by alabama mike »

Nice photo of me holding the ladder!

Truth Serum
Riding the Bench

Post by Truth Serum »

Congrats White Oak. This was a very fun game to watch! Green really had a chance to close it out in the 4th but it slipped away. Both teams were very evenly matched.

Moses Guthrie
Varsity

Post by Moses Guthrie »

Sounded as if this was a great game, one that very easily could have been played at the Convo under different circumstances..
I am in no way affiliated with Green, but I feel their pain. If this subject has been addressed already I apologize ahead of time. I don't want to beat a dead horse.. With that said, How is it possible that a Clay team with a final regular season record of 6-16 received a seed higher than Whiteoak, who finished with a regular record of 10-12?
I do not know the records at the time of the draw, however I do know that Whiteoak had a win over a strong N Boston team. Whiteoak plays in a much stronger conference (top to bottom) as well than the SOC I. Are these attributes not taken into consideration by coaches during the draw?
Does anyone else other than a Green fan feel as if this was skewed somewhat.. and if so who would have the most to gain from the lopsided seeding??

bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

Moses Guthrie wrote: Thu Feb 28, 2019 1:10 pm Sounded as if this was a great game, one that very easily could have been played at the Convo under different circumstances..
I am in no way affiliated with Green, but I feel their pain. If this subject has been addressed already I apologize ahead of time. I don't want to beat a dead horse.. With that said, How is it possible that a Clay team with a final regular season record of 6-16 received a seed higher than Whiteoak, who finished with a regular record of 10-12?
I do not know the records at the time of the draw, however I do know that Whiteoak had a win over a strong N Boston team. Whiteoak plays in a much stronger conference (top to bottom) as well than the SOC I. Are these attributes not taken into consideration by coaches during the draw?
Does anyone else other than a Green fan feel as if this was skewed somewhat.. and if so who would have the most to gain from the lopsided seeding??
You are accurate. Whiteoak deserved the higher seed, clearly.

Some handshake deals behind the table led to enough coaches voting for this matchup to happen.

Green did get slighted, clearly.... However, they were the 2 seed, and at the end of the day they have to show up and play as if they're the 2 seed. But in terms of if Whiteoak deserved the 6 seed over Clay? ----- ABSOLUTELY

Watching SE Ohio basketball
Hoopie74
SEOP

Post by Hoopie74 »

Moses Guthrie wrote: Thu Feb 28, 2019 1:10 pm Sounded as if this was a great game, one that very easily could have been played at the Convo under different circumstances..
This was a sectional title and two good teams competed. One team won and moved on. Seems the seeding went as designed. Whiteoak just got their injured player Hamilton back. He is a huge difference maker for the wildcats. They we're a struggling team during the draw. Match ups,match ups match ups. The coaches felt these were their best match ups.

sportsjunky22
Waterboy

Post by sportsjunky22 »

Yes.. Match-ups, match-ups, match-ups. Yes whiteoak should of got the 6 seed, but maybe whiteoak didn't want the 6 seed. I think Peebles had a fair argument that they could of been the 2 seed. If Green slides to 3 then Whiteoak is 6. No matter what, GREEN WOULD BE PLAYING WHITEOAK.

Hoopie74
SEOP

Post by Hoopie74 »

sportsjunky22 wrote: Thu Feb 28, 2019 1:37 pm Yes.. Match-ups, match-ups, match-ups. Yes whiteoak should of got the 6 seed, but maybe whiteoak didn't want the 6 seed. I think Peebles had a fair argument that they could of been the 2 seed. If Green slides to 3 then Whiteoak is 6. No matter what, GREEN WOULD BE PLAYING WHITEOAK.
Yep. Whiteoak, Fairfield and Peebles are very similar teams. All play very hard. Their league record proves that as I know that Peebles split with Whiteoak and Fairfield this season and Peebles and Fairfield finished tied for Division 1 SHAC this year. I think both of the games between White oak and Fairfield were close too. They may have split as well. The games have been played and SHAC has three teams at the CONVO. Congrats to all teams on fun seasons where many kids had many life's lessons.

highflyer
Riding the Bench

Post by highflyer »

For the life of me I cannot understand why Ohio keeps up with this "seeding" system. Very simple, divide the sectionals/districts into teams that play each other twice a year. Winners get higher seedings. I know how important conferences are to the teams, but in the end conference winners are for bragging rights only.

burgfella69
JV Team

Post by burgfella69 »

Very surprised but congratulations to Whiteoak, good luck at the Convo!

Point blank
Freshman Team

Post by Point blank »

Peebles wins the league and green gets 4th in a league who has 1 team left. So tell me peebles didnt get slighted the 2 and green shouldnt have been the 3. Did white oak lose 10 of 12 down stretch? Lose to Manchester the first team out of sectional? Did clay beat Manchester? Did every team in both leagues have a chance to win a game vs other league or a game to go to district. White oak beat green cause green didnt do anything to get kimbler the ball. They called their 1st time out at 5:41 to go in game. White oak hit 3 buzzer beaters at end of each of 1st 3 quarters and frankly white oak out coached green in every aspect including green up 5 with 1:30 left in game and shot a 3 with 3 TOs left. Sounds to me that Blake wanted it more as a head coach. Quit the smoke screen. Green was playing white oak in 2 7 game or 3 6 either way green didnt play like they really had much preparation cause any coach woulda known #0 was a spot up shooter that can shoot it

Waterboy

Post by 357 »

You have to beat them eventually. So it doesn't matter when you play you still have to win. But I agree Green got out coached. In my opinion Green had the better team. But did nothing to help themselves i.e. screening to get Kimbler open. Taking Three point shots when up 5 and the coaching staff said nothing. It has been this way for three years. You would think they would want a proven coach with the talent they have had. They got rid of a better coaching staff than what they have now. So you reap what you so.

Return to “Boys Basketball”