Waterboy

Re: Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio - Final Edition

Post by Tigerhawk123 »

Thanks Pfloyd. Good stuff man.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

Tigerhawk123 wrote: Sat Feb 23, 2019 10:52 am Thanks Pfloyd. Good stuff man.
... YW ! Tigerhawk123 ! welcome to SEOPS ! ... feel free to "post on" !

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Your rankings took a beating tonight, Floyd!!!!

#1, #5 and #6 all with early exits from the 2019 tournament. Ouch

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

93Bulldog wrote: Sat Feb 23, 2019 11:59 pm Your rankings took a beating tonight, Floyd!!!!

... the post season is such a different animal ... heck the Ouija Board can't even predict this "stuff" LOL ...

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

pfloyd wrote: Sun Feb 24, 2019 12:03 am
93Bulldog wrote: Sat Feb 23, 2019 11:59 pm Your rankings took a beating tonight, Floyd!!!!

... the post season is such a different animal ... heck the Ouija Board can't even predict this "stuff" LOL ...
There is a reason basketball is the hardest sport to bet on. Bookies make a fortune off March Madness.

I think its the one sport where match-up's and style can have such an impact on the game. That's what makes it so unpredictable. There is no doubt Vegas would have had Logan favored by 12 or 13 ... Fairland would have probably been -8 or even -10 ... All based on wins/losses/opponents ... Nobody factors in style of play or what kind of match-up problem one underdog might present.

3sUp
Varsity

Post by 3sUp »

Great list pfloyd, appreciate all the work you put into this every year. High school hoops is so unpredictable I can’t even imagine trying to rank a top 8!

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

3sUp wrote: Sun Feb 24, 2019 12:14 am Great list pfloyd, appreciate all the work you put into this every year. High school hoops is so unpredictable I can’t even imagine trying to rank a top 8!
Thanks 3sUp ... even with the early exits by highly ranked teams on my list - I really feel good about where teams ended up in the rankings based on their season long performances ...

VisionQuest
All State

Post by VisionQuest »

93Bulldog wrote: Sun Feb 24, 2019 12:09 am

There is a reason basketball is the hardest sport to bet on. Bookies make a fortune off March Madness.

I think its the one sport where match-up's and style can have such an impact on the game. That's what makes it so unpredictable. There is no doubt Vegas would have had Logan favored by 12 or 13 ... Fairland would have probably been -8 or even -10 ... All based on wins/losses/opponents ... Nobody factors in style of play or what kind of match-up problem one underdog might present.
93Bulldog you haven’t said much about Athens this year. Maybe you don’t believe in them. All I know is They are 17-6 and going to the Convo.

HamPorter
All Conference

Post by HamPorter »

VisionQuest wrote: Sun Feb 24, 2019 12:55 am

93Bulldog you haven’t said much about Athens this year. Maybe you don’t believe in them. All I know is They are 17-6 and going to the Convo.
Oh no...are we back to duel VQ? The schizo poster from a year ago that retired but came back, but will retire again after they lose to Zane Trace. I’m all in for the hilarious breakdown after next Friday night! Go Pioneers! I can’t wait!

VisionQuest
All State

Post by VisionQuest »

HamPorter wrote: Sun Feb 24, 2019 1:02 am

Oh no...are we back to duel VQ? The schizo poster from a year ago that retired but came back, but will retire again after they lose to Zane Trace. I’m all in for the hilarious breakdown after next Friday night! Go Pioneers! I can’t wait!
Are you a douche bag also? Athens is the underdog. So who you got?

HamPorter
All Conference

Post by HamPorter »

VisionQuest wrote: Sun Feb 24, 2019 1:10 am
HamPorter wrote: Sun Feb 24, 2019 1:02 am
Are you a douche bag also? Athens is the underdog. So who you got?
Duh, we obviously know our own kind.

Uhh, Zane Trace obviously. It should be a good game, but I think ZT will take Athens seriously unlike they did with Hillsboro.

VisionQuest
All State

Post by VisionQuest »

Come on HamPorter? You want to bet the Title of a Car? I really think I will extend this offer/especially after Hillsboro about beat ZT IF IT WASNT for a controversial call. Private message me if you want to take the bet. I am serious,

HamPorter
All Conference

Post by HamPorter »

VisionQuest wrote: Sun Feb 24, 2019 1:18 am Come on HamPorter? You want to bet the Title of a Car? I really think I will extend this offer/especially after Hillsboro about beat ZT IF IT WASNT for a controversial call. Private message me if you want to take the bet. I am serious,
Why would I bet a car on a high school basketball game? Sheesh. Bad calls happen all the time, especially in early tournament games.

VisionQuest
All State

Post by VisionQuest »

HamPorter wrote: Sun Feb 24, 2019 1:21 am
VisionQuest wrote: Sun Feb 24, 2019 1:18 am Come on HamPorter? You want to bet the Title of a Car? I really think I will extend this offer/especially after Hillsboro about beat ZT IF IT WASNT for a controversial call. Private message me if you want to take the bet. I am serious,
Why would I bet a car on a high school basketball game? Sheesh. Bad calls happen all the time, especially in early tournament games.
Come on let’s make it fun. The only common sense thing I have seen you say all year is that Eli Chubb is one of the top players in the District.

VisionQuest
All State

Post by VisionQuest »

HamPorter let’s bet titles. ZT and Athens straight up.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Do you even realize I spend every game night, 23 games thus far, doing nothing but talk Athens basketball for 2 hours? Do you realize we also have a nightly show from 6-7, mon thru fri, where we again talk Bulldogs basketball?

Dude, there is more to life - and more platforms to talk sports - than southeasternohiopreps

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... speaking of MORE TO LIFE !!! - the Convo Thursday & Friday D2's , Saturday D3's , Sunday D4's ... Life AT Basketball Thirty - Week #1 !!! ... I really don't see any combo of games Above the Lancaster-Dixon Line that can/does compare to what the SouthEast District has for high school hoops ... I don't care if the finals are over 1, 2, 3 days ... this set up is THE best Show in Town for high school hoops ... does it go off without hitches ? NO ! I recall a couple years ago the programs were screwed up, printed so small you needed at magnifying glass to read them LOL - might have been the D2's for opening night or the D3's ... didn't phase the "regulars" LOL - it's ALL good !!!

Wayne Horsley & his staff along with Lou Horvath do an outstanding job of pulling off the 3 week event at the Convo - home for the next 3 weeks !!! - thank you for pulling it all together guys !!! - pfloyd

1987chieftains
SEOPS H

Post by 1987chieftains »

3sUp wrote: Fri Feb 22, 2019 8:17 pm
1987chieftains wrote: Fri Feb 22, 2019 3:14 pm
1987chieftains wrote: Fri Feb 22, 2019 3:07 pm

I get what your saying but that theory is not always true. If size is everything then why didn't Logan get ran off the courts by all of the much larger schools? Again its not all about the number of athletes, Its about having the right athletes.
Also Wheelerburg that is in Scioto co (Population: 75,929). Logan that is in Hocking co (Population: 28,474). Wheelerburg has a much Larger talent pool then Logan.
Have to take in account that talent pool is also split by about 7 or so schools
Thats the point. Consolidate all of those little high schools and you'll be DI and in the central district like Logan.

AT THE RESERVATION
Pa Trojan
JV Team

Post by Pa Trojan »

Logans attitude toward the rest of southern Ohio is exactly a cause of the SEOAL not surviving

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

93Bulldog wrote: Sun Feb 24, 2019 8:16 am

Do you even realize I spend every game night, 23 games thus far, doing nothing but talk Athens basketball for 2 hours? Do you realize we also have a nightly show from 6-7, mon thru fri, where we again talk Bulldogs basketball?

Dude, there is more to life - and more platforms to talk sports - than southeasternohiopreps

Surely you could talk more 😉

Return to “Boys Basketball”