Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio - Final Edition

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Re: Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio - Final Edition

Post by pfloyd »

Hoopie74 wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2019 10:56 pm Pfloyd: I thought you may want to know. Beau Justice just finished his final home game at Valdosta State University scoring 35 points and leading his 1st place conference Blazers to victory. The Blazers now are set to compete in the region tournament .Check it out on the Valdosta State website. His accomplishments are pretty impressive.
... Great regular season for B Justice !!! looked like he is averaging 21.7 ppg with quite a few highlight games 629 points so far for the season - a 47 point game mixed in ! thanks for sharing Hoopie74 !

Hoopie74
SEOP

Post by Hoopie74 »

pfloyd wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2019 6:51 pm
Hoopie74 wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2019 10:56 pm Pfloyd: I thought you may want to know. Beau Justice just finished his final home game at Valdosta State University scoring 35 points and leading his 1st place conference Blazers to victory. The Blazers now are set to compete in the region tournament .Check it out on the Valdosta State website. His accomplishments are pretty impressive.
... Great regular season for B Justice !!! looked like he is averaging 21.7 ppg with quite a few highlight games 629 points so far for the season - a 47 point game mixed in ! thanks for sharing Hoopie74 !
In the Union game Valdosta was up by a few points in the fourth quarter. In a three minute span Beau made 5 consecutive 3's and two free throws to give the Blazers an 18 point lead. Earlier in the year he hit 12 threes in a game. I believe he's going to Europe after he graduates like his brother Blake and the Setty boys did.

Pa Trojan
JV Team

Post by Pa Trojan »

great career Beau Justice!

mattash
Site Admin

Post by mattash »

seohio2.png

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
mattash
Site Admin

Post by mattash »

Michael Scott
burgfella69
JV Team

Post by burgfella69 »

Safe to say Logan shouldn't have been #1?

Chieftain2009
SEOPS HOF

Post by Chieftain2009 »

burgfella69 wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2019 9:59 am Safe to say Logan shouldn't have been #1?
Why?

burgfella69
JV Team

Post by burgfella69 »

Chieftain2009 wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2019 10:12 am
burgfella69 wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2019 9:59 am Safe to say Logan shouldn't have been #1?
Why?
Lost to 28 seed Grove City lmao, meanwhile #7 Sheridan and #2 Wheelersburg made it to the Final Four and Elite Eight, respectively. Don't think Logan could play with Harvest Prep.

Chieftain2009
SEOPS HOF

Post by Chieftain2009 »

burgfella69 wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2019 10:15 am
Why?
Lost to 28 seed Grove City lmao, meanwhile #7 Sheridan and #2 Wheelersburg made it to the Final Four and Elite Eight, respectively. Don't think Logan could play with Harvest Prep.
Logan also beat Sheridan. They went 1-1 against #3 Chillicothe, they won at #8 Warren and beat #10 Athens. They also went on the road and beat a Pick North team (who made the "Elite Eight" in D1) by over 20 points.

If you don't realize there is a MAJOR difference between D1 Central District and D3 Southeast District (no offense to SE Ohio teams) then you don't really understand basketball.

burgfella69
JV Team

Post by burgfella69 »

Chieftain2009 wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2019 10:19 am

Why?
Logan also beat Sheridan. They went 1-1 against #3 Chillicothe, they won at #8 Warren and beat #10 Athens. They also went on the road and beat a Pick North team (who made the "Elite Eight" in D1) by over 20 points.

If you don't realize there is a MAJOR difference between D1 Central District and D3 Southeast District (no offense to SE Ohio teams) then you don't really understand basketball.
Play in the tournament is what really counts.

LucasDavenport
SEOPS HOF

Post by LucasDavenport »

It’s a regular season poll.

I graduated from Wheelersburg and I would be the first to tell you that Wheelersburg shouldn’t have been ranked #1.

In fact I truly think Wheelersburg looked and played much better in the regular season than in the tournament.

They didn’t play another top 3 seed in the Sectionals or District. North Adams at 4 was the toughest opponent they saw and then survived 5th seeded East rep Sandy Valley.

Holden showed up and Salyers had a great Regional Semi and Truitt had a good District Semi ..... but wow did anyone not named Holden struggle scoring in the 5 tournament games. I give full credit to Coach Ater and his staff plus the kids for continuing to defend and rebound even though I’m sure everyone of them would love to have those shots back or to be able to take them again. Stone Cold.

I would move Sheridan up to #2 though. :-).

But truly it’s a regular season poll. Logan’s win over Pickerington North was by far the best win by a SE district team. I’m sure they would trade that #1 ranking for a chance to play Grove City again. Pfloyd probably cursed them.

Camp North Star > Camp Mohawk
LucasDavenport
SEOPS HOF

Post by LucasDavenport »

And I’m sure if you truly feel that way about the regular season then simply don’t post next year until the tournament starts or perhaps only comment on the tournament draw thread.

Yes I’m kidding.

Camp North Star > Camp Mohawk
pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... (rolling my eyes) & walking away ...

art_vandelay
SE

Post by art_vandelay »

Why?
I hope you're just trolling pfloyd, but if not, I don't know what to tell someone who thinks playing a D1 school like Grove City is even remotely comparable to the weak path Wheelersburg saw in the D3 tourney.*

burgfella69
JV Team

Post by burgfella69 »

art_vandelay wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2019 4:16 pm

Why?
I hope you're just trolling pfloyd, but if not, I don't know what to tell someone who thinks playing a D1 school like Grove City is even remotely comparable to the weak path Wheelersburg saw in the D3 tourney.*
:o i got flamed

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Pfloyd has more research on all these teams but burg did go farther than the teams above them and only lost to the team who’s probably going to win it all in d3 and actually played them well, they just went cold. Someone said they didn’t play well in tournament. So what? They won. A lot of those teams played a slow down game because they had to. I think Burg was the best in southeastern Ohio but again pfloyd does his research so I can’t fault it too much

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

I stand by my regular season rankings ... Logan during the regular season was the best TEAM in SEO ... the post season is another animal ...

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

On the rankings I had "eyes on" 32 of my top 35 teams in my rankings ... 45 of the 72 teams in the Southeast district ... comparisons of all of those teams to the teams within my Elite 8 goes a long way in ranking the teams ... throw in the SOS, the records- performance vs SEO competition & with some who play teams outside the SE District ... like I said I'm good with the rankings as they ended up ... Sheridan got BACK to full strength for the post season - they fell to #7 in the rankings due to the injury to Heileman for 4/5 games or so ... he missed the BIG game with Logan @ Logan in the last week of the regular season ... when the post season started Heileman was back, Russell had stepped up his game BIG time (from having to when Heileman was injured) along with Luken Hill ... in the end for Sheridan it was the big 3 of Heileman/Russell/Hill who carried them in the post season ... Ethan Heller was Ethan Heller - the best scorer in SEO ... they put it all together for the post season - a complete TEAM ... Wheelersburg was never the regular season Wheelersburg Team - the outside scoring they had the entire season from Mullins/Truit/Salyers/Miller wasn't there ... HAD IT BEEN THERE - they would have advanced to the final 4 ... the rankings in the regular season should not diminish the GREAT post seasons that Sheridan, Wheelersburg, Jackson, New Boston, Fairfield Union, Trimble, Chesapeake, Adena , Alexander, Zane Trace, Coal Grove etc. had ... simply outstanding post season runs by all ...

Hoopie74
SEOP

Post by Hoopie74 »

Not sure where my Indians should be ,but; watching them on the outside courts and the open gyms against older and some colleague kids,I can say that they are firey, they are long ,this team is deep, and hungry for this year to begin. This will be the first year in ages that we will have a bunch of Juniors,Seniors and an awesome group of JV kids fighting for that starting five. The weight room was used daily by some that needed it. I think we're looking at 10 kids and maybe different starters for different teams, dependent on what coach Arey decides as a game plan. This team will be deep.

mattash
Site Admin

Post by mattash »

Michael Scott

Return to “Boys Basketball”