#4 Athens vs #5 Logan Elm 2/22

vcgrad
All Conference

Re: #4 Athens vs #5 Logan Elm 2/22

Post by vcgrad »

Give the coaching edge to Logan Elm---talent to Athens---just have to wait to see which one wins out

VisionQuest
All State

Post by VisionQuest »

vcgrad wrote: Thu Feb 21, 2019 9:46 am Give the coaching edge to Logan Elm---talent to Athens---just have to wait to see which one wins out
What beef do you have with Athens Coach? Led his team to 16-6 record and 11-1 in TVC- winning the TVC-Ohio title. Lost in OT last year in Sectionals to a great VC Team.

vcgrad
All Conference

Post by vcgrad »

Just feel his team under performed for the year--even though the record is not bad--the TVC was so weak this year---and they had trouble at times with teams in the league. Really thought with all that talent he would have gotten more out of them. Let me ask you---if Combs had this team--do you think they would have lost as many games? Do you feel they can make a run in the next couple of weeks???? I just don't see/feel it. Sorry I wish every TVC team will go far---but I just don't feel its going to happen.

ShoeHorn
JV Team

Post by ShoeHorn »

Athens by 10 if PG/Williams plays.

VisionQuest
All State

Post by VisionQuest »

vcgrad wrote: Thu Feb 21, 2019 3:55 pm Just feel his team under performed for the year--even though the record is not bad--the TVC was so weak this year---and they had trouble at times with teams in the league. Really thought with all that talent he would have gotten more out of them. Let me ask you---if Combs had this team--do you think they would have lost as many games? Do you feel they can make a run in the next couple of weeks???? I just don't see/feel it. Sorry I wish every TVC team will go far---but I just don't feel its going to happen.
So Meigs and Alex and even VC are bad ball clubs? Come on man. I think you are bitter because you have been so use to VC winning the last few years and you don’t want to give Athens any credit. It is what it is. All I can say is I hope Athens can prove you wrong and at least get to the Convo. If they don’t then I figure you are the type that will say “I told you so”.

vcgrad
All Conference

Post by vcgrad »

Yeah--I think they are all below average this year--again TVC is down this year. Not bitter just stating the facts--people from VC knew this day was coming---but the pipeline looks pretty good for next 3 or 4 yrs. I give Athens credit--but I still believe they are no better than they were last year---seems program has stalled--I really thought they would take a jump this year. With all the talent --by far the most in the TVC--they get beat by VC and almost were beat by VC at Home---then VC gets beat at Alex by 30 and Athens beats Alex at Alex by a bunch---seems they are not focused. I think they would be the only hope that the TVC would have a team go far this year--That's all.

cubs1984
Waterboy

Post by cubs1984 »

Is this game being streamed online?

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

cubs1984 wrote: Thu Feb 21, 2019 6:49 pm Is this game being streamed online?
Yes

970wath.com

VisionQuest
All State

Post by VisionQuest »

vcgrad wrote: Thu Feb 21, 2019 4:52 pm Yeah--I think they are all below average this year--again TVC is down this year. Not bitter just stating the facts--people from VC knew this day was coming---but the pipeline looks pretty good for next 3 or 4 yrs. I give Athens credit--but I still believe they are no better than they were last year---seems program has stalled--I really thought they would take a jump this year. With all the talent --by far the most in the TVC--they get beat by VC and almost were beat by VC at Home---then VC gets beat at Alex by 30 and Athens beats Alex at Alex by a bunch---seems they are not focused. I think they would be the only hope that the TVC would have a team go far this year--That's all.
Are you actually reading what you are writing? Make a jump to what? What was their record last year? 13-10 I think and Placed 2nd in the TVC and this year they go 16-6 and 11-1 in the TVC-1st place outright. What did you expect from them? Undefeated? I mean does this sound like a program that has stalled? Seems to me it went Forward.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

VisionQuest wrote: Thu Feb 21, 2019 8:36 pm
vcgrad wrote: Thu Feb 21, 2019 4:52 pm Yeah--I think they are all below average this year--again TVC is down this year. Not bitter just stating the facts--people from VC knew this day was coming---but the pipeline looks pretty good for next 3 or 4 yrs. I give Athens credit--but I still believe they are no better than they were last year---seems program has stalled--I really thought they would take a jump this year. With all the talent --by far the most in the TVC--they get beat by VC and almost were beat by VC at Home---then VC gets beat at Alex by 30 and Athens beats Alex at Alex by a bunch---seems they are not focused. I think they would be the only hope that the TVC would have a team go far this year--That's all.
Are you actually reading what you are writing? Make a jump to what? What was their record last year? 13-10 I think and Placed 2nd in the TVC and this year they go 16-6 and 11-1 in the TVC-1st place outright. What did you expect from them? Undefeated? I mean does this sound like a program that has stalled? Seems to me it went Forward.
... I spoke with Coach Cozart prior to the Logan game last week ... congratulated him on winning the TVC, congratulated him on ANOTHER solid year court side for the Bulldogs ... told Coach that he has done an excellent job this season for AHS , he should be proud of his players and the TEAM'S accomplishments ... also said don't listen to the detractors - he laughed and said he stopped listening after his first year court side LOL ... a good coach who doesn't get the respect he deserves - which I suppose is par for the course being a head coach - can't please everyone ... Coach Cozart has pfloyd's respect ...

HamPorter
All Conference

Post by HamPorter »

pfloyd wrote: Thu Feb 21, 2019 8:53 pm
VisionQuest wrote: Thu Feb 21, 2019 8:36 pm
... I spoke with Coach Cozart prior to the Logan game last week ... congratulated him on winning the TVC, congratulated him on ANOTHER solid year court side for the Bulldogs ... told Coach that he has done an excellent job this season for AHS , he should be proud of his players and the TEAM'S accomplishments ... also said don't listen to the detractors - he laughed and said he stopped listening after his first year court side LOL ... a good coach who doesn't get the respect he deserves - which I suppose is par for the course being a head coach - can't please everyone ... Coach Cozart has pfloyd's respect ...
Agreed. He’s a good coach

vcgrad
All Conference

Post by vcgrad »

I guess we find out tonight...... So Visionquest--would you bet your life savings on tonights game or the next game????????

VisionQuest
All State

Post by VisionQuest »

vcgrad wrote: Fri Feb 22, 2019 9:06 am I guess we find out tonight...... So Visionquest--would you bet your life savings on tonights game or the next game????????
Never. There are too many unknowns in this game. Look at Zion Williamson the other night and his Nike shoe blowing out. In high school just like in College anything can happen. I realize Athens is the favorite on paper, but that doesn’t mean anything to the players from LE or their Coaches, they have a game plan to win. And they will be bringing it with everything they have as will Athens. Hoping for an injury free game for all players.

vcgrad
All Conference

Post by vcgrad »

That's my point--- they went 16-6 and are the 4th seed in a weak sectional---just don't "feel" the confidence in the team or the coach--we will see how much of a crowd they bring tonight---even how bad VC is-----they will have a bigger support base/crowd---see you there---I hope all TVC teams win tonight.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

vcgrad wrote: Fri Feb 22, 2019 10:24 am That's my point--- they went 16-6 and are the 4th seed in a weak sectional---just don't "feel" the confidence in the team or the coach--we will see how much of a crowd they bring tonight---even how bad VC is-----they will have a bigger support base/crowd---see you there---I hope all TVC teams win tonight.
Athens fan base has been pretty good all year

The 6:00 start time will hurt attendance for both LE and Athens

vcgrad
All Conference

Post by vcgrad »

I will be there cheering on the TVC---just hope both teams bring it.

Deez Nutz
Waterboy

Post by Deez Nutz »

vcgrad wrote: Thu Feb 21, 2019 9:46 am Give the coaching edge to Logan Elm---talent to Athens---just have to wait to see which one wins out
This is up for understatement of the year. :o

“Do you want to see bofa?” :mrgreen:
vcgrad
All Conference

Post by vcgrad »

Just stating the facts.

25th Street NW
Varsity

Post by 25th Street NW »

39-39 OT