Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio Week #11

HamPorter
All Conference

Re: Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio Week #11

Post by HamPorter »

MVL80 wrote: Sun Feb 17, 2019 11:00 pm I do not know how anyone keeps comparing Sheridan in the top group. They are reeling, right now. I am a Muskingum county guy, but at the beginning of the season it was expected no one to be within 10 points of them. I heard they played Logan fairly tough, but they could very possibly go 0-4, not 0-3, down the stretch. The last team they lost to was 5-16, and only beat that same team by 1 the time before. They definitely look worse from the first two times I saw them at the beginning of the season. They drilled Tri Valley early and then just recently lost to them also.
Uh oh...treyman is going to be super mad!!!!

I think it probably says more about the quality of D2 this year than it does about how Sheridan is at this point in the season. Sheridan will have a chance to win a District title, but will have to turn things around real quickly.

MVL80
Waterboy

Post by MVL80 »

I don’t know what you mean by the quality of D2. The MVL is made up of a lot of lower division teams. And that league is not very good this year, but Sheridan surely passes the look test when they walk in the gym.

Bud07
Freshman Team

Post by Bud07 »

Truth&fiction wrote: Sun Feb 17, 2019 9:26 pm I was Wondering how Wheelersburg would do against Logan , Then I was wondering how they would do against Chillicothe , then I was wondering how they would do going into the Warrior Dome of Warren . S o I checked out all their schedule along with Sheridan and there was no comparison . Schedules are what they are and going 22-0 is impressive . But you have to look at the schedule and you can only speculate what if . What if they had Logan schedule ? How many losses would the have ? If they had Chillicothe schedule how many losses ? If they had Warren or Sheridans how many losses would they have ? PFloyd is probably the only one that can compare and make that call . Logan is the best D1 ( only 2) Warren and Sheridan best D2 and Wheelersburg the best D3 in SEO. Just my opinion SOS IS JUST THAT . What do you really think PFLOYD ?
We will find out who is the best in just a few short weeks. Isn't that what the tournament is all about?

Burgfan/grad85
Freshman Team

Post by Burgfan/grad85 »

Truth&fiction wrote: Sun Feb 17, 2019 9:26 pm I was Wondering how Wheelersburg would do against Logan , Then I was wondering how they would do against Chillicothe , then I was wondering how they would do going into the Warrior Dome of Warren . S o I checked out all their schedule along with Sheridan and there was no comparison . Schedules are what they are and going 22-0 is impressive . But you have to look at the schedule and you can only speculate what if . What if they had Logan schedule ? How many losses would the have ? If they had Chillicothe schedule how many losses ? If they had Warren or Sheridans how many losses would they have ? PFloyd is probably the only one that can compare and make that call . Logan is the best D1 ( only 2) Warren and Sheridan best D2 and Wheelersburg the best D3 in SEO. Just my opinion SOS IS JUST THAT . What do you really think PFLOYD ?
It's very hard to compare Burg and Logan because Logan is a bigger school and ofcourse they are going to play bigger schools with in turn means a tougher schedule! Let's just put it this way Burg is the #1 team as far as div 3 and 4 goes and Logan is the #1 in div 2 and 1 in southeastern Ohio. Logan should be a better team their school is more than twice the size of Burgs bit I do think that Burg would give Logan one hell of a game and I think Burg would beat Chillicothe

Burgfan/grad85
Freshman Team

Post by Burgfan/grad85 »

Bud07 wrote: Mon Feb 18, 2019 1:28 pm
We will find out who is the best in just a few short weeks. Isn't that what the tournament is all about?
Not really they are in different divisions

Chieftain2009
SEOPS HOF

Post by Chieftain2009 »

Here is the final AP Poll, and where local teams found themselves in the last rankings of the season:

Logan - #9 in D1

Zane Trace - #11 in D2

Sheridan - #15 in D2

Wheelersburg - #3 in D3

Eastern - #7 in D3

North Adams - #14 in D3

Trimble - #9 in D4

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Vinton 56
Kipp 52
Final
Makeup

Unbiased
Waterboy

Post by Unbiased »

Chieftain2009 wrote: Mon Feb 18, 2019 5:18 pm Here is the final AP Poll, and where local teams found themselves in the last rankings of the season:

Logan - #9 in D1

Zane Trace - #11 in D2

Sheridan - #15 in D2

Wheelersburg - #3 in D3

Eastern - #7 in D3

North Adams - #14 in D3

Trimble - #9 in D4
Wow. I find this very shocking that they have North Adams ranked, but Fairland is not ranked. Meanwhile, Fairland lost to #7 Eastern in OT and personally, I think Fairland would win that game now. You know what they say though, if rankings meant everything, there wouldn’t be any reason to play the game.

Chieftain2009
SEOPS HOF

Post by Chieftain2009 »

Unbiased wrote: Mon Feb 18, 2019 8:39 pm
Chieftain2009 wrote: Mon Feb 18, 2019 5:18 pm Here is the final AP Poll, and where local teams found themselves in the last rankings of the season:

Logan - #9 in D1

Zane Trace - #11 in D2

Sheridan - #15 in D2

Wheelersburg - #3 in D3

Eastern - #7 in D3

North Adams - #14 in D3

Trimble - #9 in D4
Wow. I find this very shocking that they have North Adams ranked, but Fairland is not ranked. Meanwhile, Fairland lost to #7 Eastern in OT and personally, I think Fairland would win that game now. You know what they say though, if rankings meant everything, there wouldn’t be any reason to play the game.
Yup, the way I look at AP rankings is that they are just something nice to look at.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

Logan routs Bishop Hartley tonight at Jim's Gym

Logan 61
Hartley 44 a final

Bo Myers 34 pts/10 rbs

Chieftain2009
SEOPS HOF

Post by Chieftain2009 »

pfloyd wrote: Mon Feb 18, 2019 8:56 pm Logan routs Bishop Hartley tonight at Jim's Gym

Logan 61
Hartley 44 a final

Bo Myers 34 pts/10 rbs
With that big win, it's looking like that's enough to put Logan at #1 by themselves?? :D :D

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

17-3 Logan ... winning 4 BIG TIME games in 7 days ... beat state ranked D2 Sheridan, TVC Ohio Champ Athens, win @ Warren top 8 in the Elite 8 and tonight 17 point win over #4 seeded in D2 in the Central District Bishop Hartley ... not many , if any teams in the SE District run THAT gauntlet of games unscathed ... the Pfloyd's Elite 8 - Final Edition comes out Tuesday night after the Sheridan vs John Glenn game around 10pm ...

OHHS old timer
SEOPS HOF

Post by OHHS old timer »

Logan earned it pfloyd...Burg is a VERY close #2.

I'm not old, I'm mold....still growing!!
2019 NCAA Tournament Pick 'em champ
toldya
Freshman Team

Post by toldya »

Floyd I may be 2old and i know you don't need my help. Your efforts are beyond measure. I am posting just to help those in the south to understand. Logan has proven repeatedly that they are the #1 team in the se district. I have confidence in the commitee.

Even the college football committee knew just because UCF was undefeated did not mean that the Knights qualified to be #1. The burg knew they had outstanding talent (Holden did not sneak up on them). They could have scheduled up won some big games and been in the discussion. Alas they chose to go undeated. Not an easy task. Ok am sure they will be rewarded with a second or third place rating.

Have a great day there at school.

LeftHanded
Freshman Team

Post by LeftHanded »

toldya wrote: Tue Feb 19, 2019 6:16 am Floyd I may be 2old and i know you don't need my help. Your efforts are beyond measure. I am posting just to help those in the south to understand. Logan has proven repeatedly that they are the #1 team in the se district. I have confidence in the commitee.

Even the college football committee knew just because UCF was undefeated did not mean that the Knights qualified to be #1. The burg knew they had outstanding talent (Holden did not sneak up on them). They could have scheduled up won some big games and been in the discussion. Alas they chose to go undeated. Not an easy task. Ok am sure they will be rewarded with a second or third place rating.

Have a great day there at school.
Definitely agree! Obviously the best comparison between Wheelersburg and Logan would to be if played each other, but does anybody think Wheelersburg could go to Pick North and beat them by 23 on THEIR court?

Pa Trojan
JV Team

Post by Pa Trojan »

great week for Logan, capping off a great season...........

Reds Fan
JV Team

Post by Reds Fan »

I don't see how Logan wouldn't be number 1

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Reds Fan wrote: Tue Feb 19, 2019 11:58 am I don't see how Logan wouldn't be number 1
Well, since they are a central district basketball team and dont compete in a southeast district league could keep em from being #1.

:mrgreen:

bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

I would agree, Logan is the #1 team in SE Ohio.

I would love to see a Chillicothe / Wheelersburg matchup, albeit impossible at this point. Holden vs. Maughmer alone would be worth the price of admission.

Watching SE Ohio basketball
CavalierAlum05
Varsity

Post by CavalierAlum05 »

bbjunky81 wrote: Tue Feb 19, 2019 1:16 pm I would agree, Logan is the #1 team in SE Ohio.

I would love to see a Chillicothe / Wheelersburg matchup, albeit impossible at this point. Holden vs. Maughmer alone would be worth the price of admission.
Chilli would dominate Burg 9 out of 10 times. Logan would dominate 11 of out 10.

Return to “Boys Basketball”