2/15 - Ironton 69 Portsmouth 24

trojandave
SEOP
Location: Portsmouth HS--15 State Appearances in Boys Basketball--4th All Time in Ohio

Re: 2/15 - Ironton 69 Portsmouth 24

Post by trojandave »

wipala: You have a right to your opinion; if you had seen this team play, you would easily come to the conclusion that this Trojan team is seriously offensively challenged. Going forward, looking into next year, if the Trojans don't find some offense between now and 2019-2020, they can play all the defense they want.......it will maybe make us more competitive, maybe give us some more moral victories, maybe lose by 15 instead of 30, but we won't win very many games because WE CAN'T SCORE!!

6 games with 37 points or less, 3 others with 47 points or less......record in those games? 1-8

wipala
Varsity

Post by wipala »

TrojanDave, thank you for understanding my comments are an opinion and just that. No
bearing whatsoever on the Trojans.
I hope the Trojans get to work in the off season and put in the time that is needed to
learn how to shoot. In the day there were do many places to put the ball in the hoop,
school grounds, gyms if you could get in, the poll, ah what games were played at the pool!
Pick up games and such. One last thing, would it be great if an aircraft carrier would move
into the district.

Rosco
Riding the Bench

Post by Rosco »

Trojan Dave is this Portsmouth’s largest margin of loss to Ironton?
45 points is a big number.

Bobevans
Riding the Bench

Post by Bobevans »

Nothiing for Ironton to be proud of by beating Portsmouth. Its the worst Trojan team in the history of the school.

Pa Trojan
JV Team

Post by Pa Trojan »

Its understandable that Portsmouth is struggling, and that Geno played the bench on the last night of the season.Its been pointed out quite often that this team has struggled,get the young starters some time on the bench to rest and Im positive Geno also used the time to teach.Get ready for West and more importantly get ready for the hard work that needs to be performed in the off season.Negative vibes and comments on an internet board will not help.

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

I don't think anyone quit on anyone , coach Collins and his kids get along really good and I'm sure everyone is on the same page as what is going on and what needs to be done , sometimes things just happen nothing can be done about it ,this game is over and I'm sure they are trying to prepare for the west game and this one is behind them .

Good luck to Ironton is post season,and Trojans go get west ,it's a new season!!

Return to “Boys Basketball”