Jackson @ Athens

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Jackson @ Athens

Post by Ironman92 »

Final game of the season for both teams. Athens seems to be peaking at the perfect time and Jackson has shown some improvement and better consistency on the road here of late.

These two teams played this summer in the Jackson league and Athens won by about 40. It was silly. Williams was unstoppable and Athens made every shot and were near flawless on defense. Again this season Jackson will not be at full strength.

Jackson has had 3 different players score 22+ in a game this season. Matt Humphreys has really added something the last few games and on the season is leading the Ironmen in 3 point %. Jackson only 3 turnovers against Alexander and only 6 against Chillicothe.

Two pretty good teams. We’ll see if Jackson can pick up their best road win. I look for Wallis to utilize his unconventional post move to get things opened up in that tough and long Athens zone. It’s hard to explain, you won’t believe it until you see it. Caden Donaldson hit two huge 3’s to beat Washington CH....hope he hits more huge shots Saturday

Hopefully a fun game but most importantly no injuries for either team

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Re: Jackson @ Athens

Post by VetteMan »

Ironman92 wrote: Wed Feb 13, 2019 9:54 pm Final game of the season for both teams. Athens seems to be peaking at the perfect time and Jackson has shown some improvement and better consistency on the road here of late.

These two teams played this summer in the Jackson league and Athens won by about 40. It was silly. Williams was unstoppable and Athens made every shot and were near flawless on defense. Again this season Jackson will not be at full strength.

Jackson has had 3 different players score 22+ in a game this season. Matt Humphreys has really added something the last few games and on the season is leading the Ironmen in 3 point %. Jackson only 3 turnovers against Alexander and only 6 against Chillicothe.

Two pretty good teams. We’ll see if Jackson can pick up their best road win. I look for Wallis to utilize his unconventional post move to get things opened up in that tough and long Athens zone. It’s hard to explain, you won’t believe it until you see it. Caden Donaldson hit two huge 3’s to beat Washington CH....hope he hits more huge shots Saturday

Hopefully a fun game but most importantly no injuries for either team
Is T. Davis available for this game ?

toldya
Freshman Team

Post by toldya »

I am going with Jackson on this one. They are due for a road win. They are from the FAC and will surely beat a TVC team.

I also think Morrow wins the coaching battle here.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Athens by 6

VisionQuest
All State

Post by VisionQuest »

Going to be a physical back and forth game. Need to try and keep Donaldson below 16 points and Athens has a shot. Athens will need to box out as Donaldson is a rebound machine. Hoping for an injury free game as both teams will learn something from this Battle and take it into the Sectionals.

vcgrad
All Conference

Post by vcgrad »

Go TVC---Maybe Athens will catch on fire before the sectional---show Jackson how good the Dogs are!!! But I do agree--Jackson has the edge in the coaching dept. Tough place to win.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... I'm going to take Athens in this one ... ranking all of the teams Below the Lancaster-Dixon Line all season I record all of the game results ... each week I write down ALL of the games taking place every week, record ALL of the scores - I've seen a trend ... "teams who play tough games during the same week (ie. Tues -tough opponent) even IF the team loses that Tuesday game they seem to have gotten something from playing a difficult opponent - they come out that Friday game and (here's the trend I have seen many times) that team who many times is the underdog - beats the Friday/better team opponent ... hence I'm going with Athens playing at Logan Friday night (where they may or may not get the W) will come out sharper, play better D, execute better in the offense ... Athens gets the W Saturday night vs Jackson (we'll test the theory with this match-up LOL - as I always feel playing a tougher schedule helps TEAMs get better in the long run ... my trend theory takes this down to "it makes a difference EVEN in the short run of a weeks play) ... of course this may just be me hallucinating but these are the "little" things that cross my mind while doing the Elite 8 during the season LOL...

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

If Athens continues the 3 point success of everyone else of late Jackson will struggle to win. It seems like every semi open 3 goes in by the opponent. Obviously that’s silly but kids have been hitting shots most of the year. If Athens would like to be about 4/18 from 3 that would be great

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

Jackson wins this by 4. Jackson the better team imo

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Ironman92 wrote: Thu Feb 14, 2019 5:13 pm If Athens continues the 3 point success of everyone else of late Jackson will struggle to win. It seems like every semi open 3 goes in by the opponent. Obviously that’s silly but kids have been hitting shots most of the year. If Athens would like to be about 4/18 from 3 that would be great
We haven't shot 18 threes in a game all year! Lol
Avg, I'm guessing, bout 10.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

93Bulldog wrote: Thu Feb 14, 2019 7:01 pm
Ironman92 wrote: Thu Feb 14, 2019 5:13 pm If Athens continues the 3 point success of everyone else of late Jackson will struggle to win. It seems like every semi open 3 goes in by the opponent. Obviously that’s silly but kids have been hitting shots most of the year. If Athens would like to be about 4/18 from 3 that would be great
I’ll give you 3 makes

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

93Bulldog wrote: Thu Feb 14, 2019 7:01 pm
I've seen Athens 3 times - Waverly, Alexander, Warren - 9,13,13 threes ... your avg of 10 treys per game sounds about right 93bulldog as YOU have seen the Bulldogs every game (or real close to every game) ...

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Geesh...just saying I hope they go 4/18

1. It means they are shooting too many 3’s
2. % not good enough to be worthwhile

VisionQuest
All State

Post by VisionQuest »

Ironman92 wrote: Thu Feb 14, 2019 8:36 pm Geesh...just saying I hope they go 4/18

1. It means they are shooting too many 3’s
2. % not good enough to be worthwhile
My prediction is that they will attempt 10 3s and make 4.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Vegas over/under is 11.5

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Ironman92 wrote: Thu Feb 14, 2019 9:07 pm Vegas over/under is 11.5
Put me down for $10 on the under.

That's actually an awesome line/bet. Lol

Guarantee Vegas would have it at 11.5 too.

Dandy Don
All Conference

Post by Dandy Don »

If the TVC triumphs here over the FAC, given all the talk on one of the other sectional threads about how great the FAC is by allamericanblabberbutt it would be, well, it would be...kinda funny

vcgrad
All Conference

Post by vcgrad »

In all--game does not mean much----the following week the real fun begins!!!!!

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

Dandy Don wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 5:54 am If the TVC triumphs here over the FAC, given all the talk on one of the other sectional threads about how great the FAC is by allamericanblabberbutt it would be, well, it would be...kinda funny

Anytime Jackson loses it’s funny to you . Athens is probably a little better than Jackson and will probably win at home .

vcgrad
All Conference

Post by vcgrad »

Not really---hate to see anyone lose---just trying to state facts---I always thought Jackson as a football school not basketball?

Return to “Boys Basketball”