GALLIA ACADEMY @SOUTH POINT 2\12/19

SEOAL74
Freshman Team

GALLIA ACADEMY @SOUTH POINT 2\12/19

Post by SEOAL74 »

Gallia came away with a good win at SP a really hard place to win. SP beat Fairland there by about 15 pts. Bailey Walker hit a big time 3 at end of OT to win the game. Walker along with Carter led Gallia with 17 pts each and Davis had 8 pts McCelland had 10 pts. Gallia was playing without 2 starters after middle of 1st period Henry suffer a hip injury and was out rest of game and Blouir is still out both with be back for tournament. This team if they stay healthy can I believe win some games in the tourney. If Gallia can get Carter and Walker and the rest of the starters to play as a team they will be a hard team to beat.

svac83
SE

Re: GALLIA ACADEMY @SOUTH POINT 2\12/19

Post by svac83 »

We have to play better defense then we did last night.

svac83
SE

Post by svac83 »

I haven’t had a chance to say this but man how about that blain carter. When they moved him up to varsity halfway through his sophomore year. Every time he came in to spell Justin peck. He performed every time. I thought last year he would have a bust out year and be pushing for a starting spot. But he had that broken nose in the preseason last year. And he never got on track at varsity or JV level.

Since loveday left and his playing time increased he has gotten better everytime out. Glad he has stuck with it and really paying off big time now.

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

Congrats Gallia Academy on the win at South Point. I really hope that there's a good chance that Blouir will be able to return for the post season.

Geronimo
SEOP

Post by Geronimo »

Go luck GA ! Come T-Time !

svac83
SE

Post by svac83 »

I think what I said earlier in season has panned out big this team wants there best chance to win in tourney. If everyone healthy starting 5 should be call, carter, Mcellend, walker and Davis. Blouir and Henry should come off bench. This will allow you to get most out of all 7 of these guys.

This is not about who best basketball player is. Blouir and Henry much more complete players then walker and Davis.

The question is. Do you want what bailey walker has given you last few games or what he gave you first 15 games. This kid does not perform well coming off bench.

I just believe this gives you the most bang for your buck out of your talent.

I think they have a real shot to surprise some people that bench has got pretty deep the last 2 weeks.

SEOAL74
Freshman Team

Post by SEOAL74 »

svac83 wrote: Wed Feb 13, 2019 8:14 pm I think what I said earlier in season has panned out big this team wants there best chance to win in tourney. If everyone healthy starting 5 should be call, carter, Mcellend, walker and Davis. Blouir and Henry should come off bench. This will allow you to get most out of all 7 of these guys.

This is not about who best basketball player is. Blouir and Henry much more complete players then walker and Davis.

The question is. Do you want what bailey walker has given you last few games or what he gave you first 15 games. This kid does not perform well coming off bench.

I just believe this gives you the most bang for your buck out of your talent.

I think they have a real shot to surprise some people that bench has got pretty deep the last 2 weeks.
I agree with you somewhat but I would leave the lineup like it is and bring Blouir and Davis off bench. Blouir hasn't played for a couple of weeks and you don't want to hurt Chemistry of the team. When you get up against teams like Jackson you want the players who have been thru the wars and when you have to step up your game. The Henry Boy last year at tournament time stepped his game up and played his best basketball against Zane Trace and Fairfield Union showed real toughness. We need that kind of leadership on the floor then add Call and McCelland those three kids are your leaders on this team. Last night SP was keying on Call that open up some shots for Carter and Walker and don't take me wrong they both played excellent last night and stepped their games up! Against good teams this year Davis and Walker have been a little shaky at times handling the basketball.

svac83
SE

Post by svac83 »

I don’t want Davis and walker necessarily on floor at crunch time I agree with that 100% but that has nothing to do with the guys that take the opening tip.

I expect Henry and Blouir to be huge if we advance very far. But both these guys have the mentality to stay in game and be ready even if not in on first tip.

This gives your bench more offensive punch. When you switch it up the other way your not getting better. It is a compliment to these guys that they can do it. I mean know disrespect to them just the opposite

Return to “Boys Basketball”