Fairland Dragons win OVC championship.

StolenTalents12
Freshman Team

Fairland Dragons win OVC championship.

Post by StolenTalents12 »

4th straight OVC title for the Dragons!

beaverlover
SE

Re: Fairland Dragons win OVC championship.

Post by beaverlover »

Congratulations!

Reds Fan
JV Team

Post by Reds Fan »

Congrats

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

Congratulations to the Fairland Dragons - Coach Speed & the Dragon ... 4th straight OVC Championship ! whole new lineup, same results ... wow ! great job this year gentlemen ...

Beergogglebluez
SE

Post by Beergogglebluez »

Congrats to coach smith tonight. Coach speed wasn’t there due to sickness. First time seeing Fairland play and they are a very good team. A young team. #1 the freshman point guard played lights out. #32 what can I say. Never judge a book by its cover. He is a pretty good ball player and seems to be a great leader on the floor and only a sophomore. They had Portsmouth down by 33 at one point. Won by 25. Congrats to them. They will be solid a few more years.

Operation Iraqi freedom 3. Sadr city/ eastern Baghdad 2005
pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

Beergogglebluez wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 10:42 pm Congrats to coach smith tonight. Coach speed wasn’t there due to sickness. First time seeing Fairland play and they are a very good team. A young team. #1 the freshman point guard played lights out. #32 what can I say. Never judge a book by its cover. He is a pretty good ball player and seems to be a great leader on the floor and only a sophomore. They had Portsmouth down by 33 at one point. Won by 25. Congrats to them. They will be solid a few more years.
... soooooo Fairland wins the OVC with a totally new lineup AND do it with a NEW head coach tonight to boot ! LOL - seriously though ... well done Coach Smith ! & HIS Dragons ...

E High
All State

Post by E High »

They’ve been great last couple years. Incredible run. Good luck in tournament 👍

ItsMyOpinion
Varsity

Post by ItsMyOpinion »

Congrats to the Dragons and Coach Speed.

Beergogglebluez
SE

Post by Beergogglebluez »

pfloyd wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 11:57 pm
Beergogglebluez wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 10:42 pm Congrats to coach smith tonight. Coach speed wasn’t there due to sickness. First time seeing Fairland play and they are a very good team. A young team. #1 the freshman point guard played lights out. #32 what can I say. Never judge a book by its cover. He is a pretty good ball player and seems to be a great leader on the floor and only a sophomore. They had Portsmouth down by 33 at one point. Won by 25. Congrats to them. They will be solid a few more years.
... soooooo Fairland wins the OVC with a totally new lineup AND do it with a NEW head coach tonight to boot ! LOL - seriously though ... well done Coach Smith ! & HIS Dragons ...
Lol. No the head coach was very sick. I thought it was pretty cool the assistant stepped up and didn’t miss a beat. Coach speed has done a great job this year.

Operation Iraqi freedom 3. Sadr city/ eastern Baghdad 2005
captainmorgan_
JV Team

Post by captainmorgan_ »

Congrats to the Dragons!!! Best of luck in the tournament i know you will represent the OVC well!

bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

Congratulations to Fairland on another OVC title! Tremendous job by Coach Speed and staff.

Watching SE Ohio basketball
pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

Beergogglebluez wrote: Wed Feb 13, 2019 5:38 am
pfloyd wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 11:57 pm
Lol. No the head coach was very sick. I thought it was pretty cool the assistant stepped up and didn’t miss a beat. Coach speed has done a great job this year.
... Hoping he starts feeling better fast ... Coach Smith is now UNDEFEATED as a head coach, may go in to the administration and start promoting a change at the top ! LOL ... Coach Speed is outstanding ... have always like watching his teams play - even before the last 4 years ... great defensive teams, excellent perimeter speed/shooters ... this goes back to the Coach Evan Salyers days ... Coach Speed & his staff should be proud of the job they and their TEAM has done this season ... wish it wasn't a 2 hour drive from Logan to the River ! I like watching the OVC teams - CG, Fairland, Chesapeake, Ironton, Portsmouth ... good basketball, great people, excellent coaching ...
Last edited by pfloyd on Thu Feb 14, 2019 6:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

GalliaTribe
JV Team

Post by GalliaTribe »

Congrats to Fairland on a successful season! Unbelievable job by coach Speed after losing all the players he lost last year. He is hands down best coach in OVC.

trojandave
SEOP
Location: Portsmouth HS--15 State Appearances in Boys Basketball--4th All Time in Ohio

Post by trojandave »

Congratulations to the Fairland Dragons on their 4th straight OVC championship.......this time around, they did it with basically a new cast of Dragons......after losing their top 6 players from a year ago, Coach Speed and his staff put together a team that looks quite a bit different than the previous 3 years, but the results are the same.

I picked the Dragons for 5th in the OVC in my preseason predictions, and obviously I was way off on that. I think the 2019-2020 OVC title will come down to Fairland or Chesapeake......both teams have a lot coming back.

Firebreather
Freshman Team

Post by Firebreather »

Congrats to Coach Speed, staff and players for keeping the tradition alive! Exceeded everyone's expectations. Coach Smith will retire with the best coaching record of all time!

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Congrats. I didn’t think Fairland would win the OVC before the season

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

Congrats to the Fairland Dragons on there 4th straight OVC Championship. I really think that you have surprised everyone in SEO, great job.

Dragon70
Freshman Team

Post by Dragon70 »

I'm very surprised myself of the season that Fairland has put together. I knew that they would be a tough out at home against anybody but figured they would struggle on the road and have at least three OVC losses. They did get the benefit of not playing Loveday twice but I'm not sure that it would have mattered cause they handled them easily both games. What's scary is that this team would have been stronger but lost two seniors to injury (Lambiotte) and transfer (Wilcoxson) which would have provided much more strength and leadership but most importantly bench depth which is our main weakness as they were our top reserves last year. The future is very bright and its possible that OVC streak could go to 6-7 straight.

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

Did the injury to Lambiotte sideline him for the whole season ?

downatthehalf
Waterboy

Post by downatthehalf »

Yes it did.

Return to “Boys Basketball”