Radio Station 107.7

tomcat82
Freshman Team

Radio Station 107.7

Post by tomcat82 »

I have a question that maybe someone can answer. Why would you cover the Meigs and Nelsonville game tonight and not the Top of the TVC Hocking team Trimble and Eastern??

107.7 has not done to many of our games unless we are playing Nelsonville or Alexander. I do not know who makes those calls I am just curious how they determine which game to do.

Disappointed in the lack of coverage the Tomcats are getting.....

Dundas
SEOPS

Re: Radio Station 107.7

Post by Dundas »

tomcat82 wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 8:09 am I have a question that maybe someone can answer. Why would you cover the Meigs and Nelsonville game tonight and not the Top of the TVC Hocking team Trimble and Eastern??

107.7 has not done to many of our games unless we are playing Nelsonville or Alexander. I do not know who makes those calls I am just curious how they determine which game to do.

Disappointed in the lack of coverage the Tomcats are getting.....
I thought 107.7 was the home station for Trimble? At least that’s what was said during the football playoffs.

tomcat82
Freshman Team

Post by tomcat82 »

Well let me just tell ya there not the home station for Trimble in basketball ...LOL I am just as baffled as everyone else. I bet there the home station again if we go to the CONVO !!! Just my thoughts....:)

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

tomcat82 wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 8:45 am Well let me just tell ya there not the home station for Trimble in basketball ...LOL I am just as baffled as everyone else. I bet there the home station again if we go to the CONVO !!! Just my thoughts....:)
I can't speak for 107

But for 105.5, Trimble had an odd schedule. The Cats started late, and then were on the road basically until almost mid January.
We've tried to do as many as we could, but what really ties our hands tomcat82 is the Ohio University Bobcats and that MAC deal with ESPN. They have played numerous Tues and Fri nights this winter. Whenever they don't, like last Tuesday when I did Trimble at Belpre, we do high school games. What really piss** me off is some of those bigger Trimble games, that we would normally cover, happened to fall exactly on a Tues Ohio game night. Grrrrrrrrrrr

With that being said, we'll be at Fed Friday for Trimble vs Federal Hocking.

Barber1973
Freshman Team

Post by Barber1973 »

Bulldog call view point and ask why they arent doing tomcat game the host of that program is the one who makes the decisions of what games 2 do

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

With snow, flooding, cancellations and Ohio Bobcat games - I think we are going to end up around 16 games covered on 105.5

We did Trimble vs Nelsonville-York x2
Trimble at Eastern
Trimble vs South Gallia
Trimble at Belpre
Trimble at Federal Hocking

That's 6 out of 16 ... That is not that bad actually considering the obstacles we faced and the fact we have 3 other teams to fit in (NY, Alex and Fed)

tomcat82
Freshman Team

Post by tomcat82 »

93Bulldog wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 9:44 am
tomcat82 wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 8:45 am Well let me just tell ya there not the home station for Trimble in basketball ...LOL I am just as baffled as everyone else. I bet there the home station again if we go to the CONVO !!! Just my thoughts....:)
I can't speak for 107

But for 105.5, Trimble had an odd schedule. The Cats started late, and then were on the road basically until almost mid January.
We've tried to do as many as we could, but what really ties our hands tomcat82 is the Ohio University Bobcats and that MAC deal with ESPN. They have played numerous Tues and Fri nights this winter. Whenever they don't, like last Tuesday when I did Trimble at Belpre, we do high school games. What really piss** me off is some of those bigger Trimble games, that we would normally cover, happened to fall exactly on a Tues Ohio game night. Grrrrrrrrrrr

With that being said, we'll be at Fed Friday for Trimble vs Federal Hocking.
Thanks I know you guys try to do as many as you can. As you can see you did way more than 107.7 I know peoples hands are tied but come on Nelsonville is not even close to the hunt of the TVC. We appreciate you doing the games you did. I just don't want 107.7 to jump on the bandwagon when we possibly win the TVC and maybe go to the CONVO .... I am just disappointed I feel that team gets no credit at all from 107.7. They have done a great job this year and there record shows it.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Rest assure tomcat82, Howie is far and away my favorite coach of all time (in any sport) - and I love how the Trimble kids compete - if we or I can do a Tomcats game, we or (I) will be there. lol

tomcat82
Freshman Team

Post by tomcat82 »

93Bulldog wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 10:21 am Rest assure tomcat82, Howie is far and away my favorite coach of all time (in any sport) - and I love how the Trimble kids compete - if we or I can do a Tomcats game, we or (I) will be there. lol
The Tomcat Community Loves HOWIE also. You were up close and personal with him at Belpre how cool was that to be a part of the huddles...LOL

Kendog029
Freshman Team

Post by Kendog029 »

I know I was searching when Waterford traveled to Trimble and that night OU game was on 105.5. I was disappointed because I figured the two top teams in the conference would be covered, But I know college gets coverage first. The AM channel was Athens high school.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Kendog029 wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 1:46 pm I know I was searching when Waterford traveled to Trimble and that night OU game was on 105.5. I was disappointed because I figured the two top teams in the conference would be covered, But I know college gets coverage first. The AM channel was Athens high school.
The deal they made a few years ago, the MAC, to put games on Tues & Fri was a killer. Not only that, they took a Friday night football game from us as well with the MAC now playing a game each week on Friday nights.

Ohio doesn't play every basketball game on Friday, they have settled into a Tues/Sat rotation after conference play began. All told, by seasons end they will have played FIVE Friday nights and NINE Tuesday's ... Grrrrrrrrrrrrr

hardfowl
All State

Post by hardfowl »

Add two more to the list. 92.1 FM covered the Tomcats at Wahama and at Southern. If South Gallia beats Miller in the tournament we will cover the Tomcats once again.

tomcat82
Freshman Team

Post by tomcat82 »

I am glad to know this....I had no idea.. Thank you for letting us know...

koondoger
JV Team

Post by koondoger »

107.7 loves to cover Alexander games. So if you are an Alex fan, tune into 107.7 and you're most likely going to get to hear their games. Not sure why, but that's the way it seems this year. :mrgreen:

Retirement life is the greatest! That's how teh koondoger sees it! Selling cars ain't too bad neither. :mrgreen:
RadioLady
Riding the Bench

Post by RadioLady »

Barber1973 wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 9:54 am Bulldog call view point and ask why they arent doing tomcat game the host of that program is the one who makes the decisions of what games 2 do
Yes go ahead and call in and complain. Be sure to mention what team you want covered more cause that's a sure way to get them covered less. :lol:

Return to “Boys Basketball”