Wheelersburg 72 vs South Webster 49, FINAL

wobycat
SEOPS

Re: Wheelersburg vs South Webster, 2/12/19

Post by wobycat »

Burg played great. Has Blevins ever tried high jumping or long jumping? Holy cow.

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

Great win tonight Burg! Got out to the lead, Webster stormed back and then Burg defense took over.

Both Holden and Blevins had nice dunks. Blevin's dunk kind of came out of nowhere as it looked like he was going in for the layup and then just elevated for the one hand slam. Very Impressive to say the least. Tanner's was the two handed power dunk which was also very nice. Thought I got a video of it but my phone camera wouldn't turn on. :( :( :(

Webster has nothing to hang their heads about. They will play no one with Burg's talent until probably the regionals. Blevins HAS to stay on the floor in order for them to have a long run. He picked up two silly fouls in the 1st qtr that sidelined him for most of the half. Bockway has a really smooth release. Good luck Webster in the tourney. You can for sure make some noise.

One more game for an undefeated season Burg. I think Burg has had some teams go 18-0 and maybe 20-0 but not sure of 22-0 in regular season.

To the Seniors for Burg. Holden, Darnell, Clevenger, Mullins, J Salyers and T Salyers, great job over the last 4 years and thank you! With 5 of you going 15-0 and a state title in football as Juniors, going 29-0 as Seniors with the Burg's first ever state title in basketball would just be icing on the cake. Good luck at Valley and then in the tourney.

Funnest team to watch at Burg in a long time.

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

Post by The Ghost of Swanker »

Webster was just outplayed flat out. Burg just threw the long pass and beat us back every time and then burg boys couldn’t miss from three. Blevins won the dunk contest though with 2 monster jams. I thought we might have something for em after retaking the lead in the second but the #2 team in the state just put it on us.

I’ll give the shoutout to Trey the truth Zimmerman for coming out and playing hard not only this game but last too with what his family is going through. We’re very excited for three more seasons and I believe he will be a 1000 point scorer.

I know all the basketball players read these forums, a word to Webster, there is no shame in getting beat by that team. Possibly the best in the SOC since the 2010 Oaks. There is no comparison in Southern Ohio let alone the D4SE district. Chin up, let’s dunk on Minford next

Beatin the brakes off em in the thunderdome
Game count 2023 : 54
4thgoal
SEOPS

Post by 4thgoal »

I think the difference in the game was the guard play. SW was able to get some scoring from their guards, but ball handling and getting back on defense were both a struggle all night. It seemed that every SW missed shot was an immediate fast break opportunity for Burg.

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Re: Wheelersburg 72 vs South Webster 49, FINAL

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

I'd also like to point out that the Burg also recognized all of South Websters seniors, both players and cheerleaders, last night as well by announcing their names and giving each a gift bag. Very nice gesture. I've never seen that before. Is this something they've done before?

"Welcome back my friends to the show that never ends"
wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Burg_Grad_77 wrote: Wed Feb 13, 2019 7:58 am I'd also like to point out that the Burg also recognized all of South Websters seniors, both players and cheerleaders, last night as well by announcing their names and giving each a gift bag. Very nice gesture. I've never seen that before. Is this something they've done before?
I'm pretty sure they do it every year. They do it in soccer as well.

bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

Burg_Grad_77 wrote: Wed Feb 13, 2019 7:58 am I'd also like to point out that the Burg also recognized all of South Websters seniors, both players and cheerleaders, last night as well by announcing their names and giving each a gift bag. Very nice gesture. I've never seen that before. Is this something they've done before?
Correct, most schools do this on senior night in the majority of the sports. A nice gesture.

The final in this one surprised me a bit. Nonetheless, good test for both teams heading into tournament play.

Watching SE Ohio basketball
Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

It’s nice but I’ve seen that most places anymore.

art_vandelay
SE

Post by art_vandelay »

All credit to Burg, they're just on a different level this year in SOC II. Don't care who they played or didn't play, a 22-0 season is a hell of an accomplishment for Coach Ater and his team.

As for the Jeeps, need to finish strong against Minford at home Friday night and go into tourney on a positive note. Still think a District Championship is a realistic goal for this team.*

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

wobycat wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 9:44 pm Burg played great. Has Blevins ever tried high jumping or long jumping? Holy cow.
I know, right. That kid can leap like a deer. Amazing hops. I thought there was no way he was getting that alley oop pass and he made it look easy.

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

burgfella69
JV Team

Post by burgfella69 »

Ironman92 wrote: Wed Feb 13, 2019 9:41 am
It’s nice but I’ve seen that most places anymore.
Yes, Burg does it every year and almost every SOC team does the same thing on their Senior Nights as well.

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

Shows you how many Senior Nights I've been to. So they don't do that in football, correct?

burgfella69
JV Team

Post by burgfella69 »

Burg_Grad_77 wrote: Thu Feb 14, 2019 8:49 am Shows you how many Senior Nights I've been to. So they don't do that in football, correct?
I guess not, I've never seen it during a football game.

Return to “Boys Basketball”