Upsets?

trojandave
SEOP
Location: Portsmouth HS--15 State Appearances in Boys Basketball--4th All Time in Ohio

Re: Upsets?

Post by trojandave »

Fairland is playing really well, and I definitely would not count them out if that game were played. The Burg would be the favorite, and should be, but the Dragons a dangerous underdog.

VisionQuest
All State

Post by VisionQuest »

Athens need to focus on LOGAN ELM. One game at a time. They will be bringing their A game and have had a few upsets this year and a great coach also I have heard.

LucasDavenport
SEOPS HOF

Post by LucasDavenport »

bbjunky81 wrote: Thu Feb 14, 2019 10:06 am Portsmouth will beat Adena and win the sectional.
This would definitely be an upset.

I’ve seen Adena 3 times and Portsmouth only once.

I would think Adena would beat Portsmouth by 15.

It shall be interesting!

Camp North Star > Camp Mohawk
bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

LucasDavenport wrote: Thu Feb 14, 2019 1:13 pm
bbjunky81 wrote: Thu Feb 14, 2019 10:06 am Portsmouth will beat Adena and win the sectional.
This would definitely be an upset.

I’ve seen Adena 3 times and Portsmouth only once.

I would think Adena would beat Portsmouth by 15.

It shall be interesting!
Have you seen them since Garrison is out?

The loss to Huntington lately perplexes me and gives me hope that Portsmouth can pull off that upset.

They have the athletes and a stud in Fraulini....... just have to find a way to consistently put points on the board. They've had a disappointing season, this is the only way left to salvage it.

Watching SE Ohio basketball
LucasDavenport
SEOPS HOF

Post by LucasDavenport »

Yes I saw them beat Unioto without Garrison. The loss to Huntington surprised me.

They have the athletes to cover Fraulini.

To be honest it would shock me if Portsmouth won this game. I do think Ironton will give them all they want though.

Camp North Star > Camp Mohawk
Rosscoresident
Freshman Team

Post by Rosscoresident »

Huntington has won 5 straight

55-40 over Northwest
56-44 over New Hope Christian
66-50 over Southeastern (who just beat West Union)
59-35 over Clay
46-42 over Adena

You want an “upset”? Give me Huntington over West Union and then give Western all they want. Maybe even the W

sykesb2
Freshman Team

Post by sykesb2 »

Rosscoresident wrote: Thu Feb 14, 2019 2:34 pm Huntington has won 5 straight

55-40 over Northwest
59-35 over Clay
46-42 over Adena

You want an “upset”? Give me Huntington over West Union and then give Western all they want. Maybe even the W
I agree with you. I think Huntington has a good shot to make it to the Convo

bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

55-40 over Northwest
59-35 over Clay
46-42 over Adena

Northwest - 1 win
New Hope - maxpreps showing 2 wins, but it's a few more I think
Southeastern - 4 wins
Clay - 5 wins

All very, very bad teams. Not taking away from their winning streak, it's always good to get hot before tournament.

I also agree that Huntington could most definitely beat both of those teams in the tournament. West Union is way too inconsistent and Western just lost one of their better players right before the tournament

Watching SE Ohio basketball
sykesb2
Freshman Team

Post by sykesb2 »

LucasDavenport wrote: Thu Feb 14, 2019 2:06 pm Yes I saw them beat Unioto without Garrison. The loss to Huntington surprised me.

They have the athletes to cover Fraulini.

To be honest it would shock me if Portsmouth won this game. I do think Ironton will give them all they want though.
The Huntington game, it seemed like nothing could fall Adena's way. A terrible shooting night and they had to battle some foul trouble. Give Huntington's defensive pressure some credit into the bad shooting night. They play hard and are a much improved team from the beginning of the season.

Rosscoresident
Freshman Team

Post by Rosscoresident »

bbjunky81 wrote: Thu Feb 14, 2019 3:15 pm

55-40 over Northwest
59-35 over Clay
46-42 over Adena

Northwest - 1 win
New Hope - maxpreps showing 2 wins, but it's a few more I think
Southeastern - 4 wins
Clay - 5 wins

All very, very bad teams. Not taking away from their winning streak, it's always good to get hot before tournament.

I also agree that Huntington could most definitely beat both of those teams in the tournament. West Union is way too inconsistent and Western just lost one of their better players right before the tournament
Not taking away from their winning streak, but.... lol. I think by pointing out how bad those teams are is the definition of “taking away from their winning streak”. I will point out that one of SE’s wins was just a week ago against the team I am predicting Huntington to beat, so there is that. Huntington is no pushover.

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

I know Huntington hasn’t beaten world beaters over the past 3 weeks, BUT, they were only 4-12 going into this stretch, so they weren’t exactly playing well themselves.

I think that they definitely have a shot to keep this little run going into next week.

trojandave
SEOP
Location: Portsmouth HS--15 State Appearances in Boys Basketball--4th All Time in Ohio

Post by trojandave »

Portsmouth may not even get a chance to play Adena if the Trojans don't beat West......and a loss to the Senators is a very real possibility. They already had a very easy 61-47 win in December......and at one point in the game, had a 20 point lead.

I think that Ironton could end up in the regionals......their schedule was as challenging as any D3 team in the SE district.......Zane Trace, Chillicothe, Ashland (KY), Huntington (WV), Wheelersburg, and then the OVC schedule. 5 of their 6 losses have strangely been at home......Zane Trace by 1, Fairland by 2, Coal Grove by 3 in 3 OT, Wheelersburg and Chillicothe by 8 each. They have been in every game this season, and getting away from the Conley Center might actually work in favor for them. They have a solid threesome in Charlie Large, Ethan Wilson, and Reid Carrico.

BudLytle
Riding the Bench

Post by BudLytle »

Well... Huntington's stretch of beating up on bad teams continues tonight.... LOL! They beat Paint Valley 67-61... that is 6 in a row for the Huntsmen heading into tournament play! Picked a good time to put it together and maybe make a tournament run.

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

trojandave wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 11:02 am Portsmouth may not even get a chance to play Adena if the Trojans don't beat West......and a loss to the Senators is a very real possibility. They already had a very easy 61-47 win in December......and at one point in the game, had a 20 point lead.

I think that Ironton could end up in the regionals......their schedule was as challenging as any D3 team in the SE district.......Zane Trace, Chillicothe, Ashland (KY), Huntington (WV), Wheelersburg, and then the OVC schedule. 5 of their 6 losses have strangely been at home......Zane Trace by 1, Fairland by 2, Coal Grove by 3 in 3 OT, Wheelersburg and Chillicothe by 8 each. They have been in every game this season, and getting away from the Conley Center might actually work in favor for them. They have a solid threesome in Charlie Large, Ethan Wilson, and Reid Carrico.
I agree about the "solid Threesome", could be one of the most dangerous teams to go a long way in the tournament.

VisionQuest
All State

Post by VisionQuest »

VetteMan wrote: Sat Feb 16, 2019 9:35 am
trojandave wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 11:02 am Portsmouth may not even get a chance to play Adena if the Trojans don't beat West......and a loss to the Senators is a very real possibility. They already had a very easy 61-47 win in December......and at one point in the game, had a 20 point lead.

I agree about the "solid Threesome", could be one of the most dangerous teams to go a long way in the tournament.
Are you aloud to say “threesome” on here? :lol: :lol:

formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

VisionQuest wrote: Sat Feb 16, 2019 3:00 pm
VetteMan wrote: Sat Feb 16, 2019 9:35 am

Are you aloud to say “threesome” on here? :lol: :lol:
Son, you can say anything you want on here.

allamericanironman
All Conference

Post by allamericanironman »

:? I would strongly object to that! I got three months hard time. 8-)

Sheridan getting tuned in for that Hillsboro upset!

Burgfan/grad85
Freshman Team

Post by Burgfan/grad85 »

Something is going on with the Trojans it almost feels lime that they have given up playing for their coach I hope that's not the case but something is way wrong down in P-town and IMO they will not beat West Portsmouth

Return to “Boys Basketball”