2019 Southeast District -- Official Seeding/Brackets (Div II, III & IV) Updates and Scores Thread

LucasDavenport
SEOPS HOF

Re: 2019 Southeast District -- Official Seeding/Brackets (Div II, III & IV) Updates and Scores Thread

Post by LucasDavenport »

I corrected the year though and I was incorrect.

I watched that game with my wife and my nephew at The Convo. The future coach of Washington Court House was also at the game. But, was 4 months away from requiring a ticket.

And also an interesting note on Oak Hill in 2010. They were 19-0 before the tournament. My son was a junior that year and played for South Webster. We had to play a make up game with Oak Hill after the Sectionals. We were moving onto The Convo and they weren’t very happy campers.

Camp North Star > Camp Mohawk
VetteMan
SEOPS H

Re: 2019 Southeast District -- Official Seeding/Brackets (Div II, III & IV) Updates and Scores Thread

Post by VetteMan »

I'm sure that you are probably right about 19-0 instead of 20-0. I know that one of the games that Bendolph only had like 3 pts against OH, but that game he had an outstanding game, and knocked OH out of the tournament. After getting beat and being out of the tournament, and then having to play a make-up game, I'm sure it would not have been pleasant to be around Norm.

Pa Trojan
JV Team

Post by Pa Trojan »

Bottom line, you play the games you are slated to play, these things should be created three to four years in advance, Burg had no idea Portsmouth would be down, the league isnt as strong as the past etc etc, I agree play up, but when you dont have that ability you play to the best of your ability, Burg will be fine in the one and done, they are experienced and well coached

trojandave
SEOP
Location: Portsmouth HS--15 State Appearances in Boys Basketball--4th All Time in Ohio

Post by trojandave »

For many years, Portsmouth scheduled many schools from Columbus, Cincinnati, and Dayton........yet when the tournament came, some of the toughest games for the Trojans were in the sectionals and districts......teams that were from the SE district who didn't play nearly the competition that PHS played. Good example was Wheelersburg in the late 70's and early 80's.......the Trojans and Pirates met 3 times during that era.....1978, 1983, and 1984......all 3 games went into overtime, with PHS winning in 78 and 83, and the Burg in 84 (Todd Staker, Craig Brown, coach Mike Lovenguth). In 1980, Portsmouth beat Chesapeake and Rock Hill at the Ironton sectional by a combined 7 points. In 1988, Portsmouth was the D2 state champion, but escaped the Shawnee State sectional with a 59-56 win over Ironton. Jackson beat a good Portsmouth team in the 1995 sectional. The 2011 Final 4 Trojans squeaked by South Point 65-64 in the Jackson sectional.

It's admirable to play a tough non-conference schedule, but it's far from a guarantee that a team will make a long tourney run because of it.

sticks
Waterboy

Post by sticks »

Tri-StateYouthSports wrote: Wed Feb 13, 2019 2:29 pm
wobycat wrote: Wed Feb 13, 2019 2:16 pm How is that going to help Fairland? Do you believe that getting beat by dublin Coffman will help them win tournament games? How so?
Actually yes I do. Playing better teams makes you better. It's as simple as that.
Agreed. You are only as good as the teams you play.

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

LucasDavenport wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 11:40 pm 1991 and Sparta Highland instead of Sugarcreek Garaway.

Oak Hill instead of Chesapeake when Bendolph played.

True and true. Oaks were 20-0 going into that game. Was that the second Or third Norm coached team Burg beat in the sectionals when they were undefeated?

Burgfan/grad85
Freshman Team

Post by Burgfan/grad85 »

Tri-StateYouthSports wrote: Wed Feb 13, 2019 2:29 pm
wobycat wrote: Wed Feb 13, 2019 2:16 pm How is that going to help Fairland? Do you believe that getting beat by dublin Coffman will help them win tournament games? How so?
Actually yes I do. Playing better teams makes you better. It's as simple as that.
IMO Burg played a tougher schedule then Fairland especially the conference schedule. SOC ll is tougher than the OVC

Tri-StateYouthSports
SEOP

Post by Tri-StateYouthSports »

Burgfan/grad85 wrote: Sun Feb 17, 2019 1:28 am IMO Burg played a tougher schedule then Fairland especially the conference schedule. SOC ll is tougher than the OVC
This took about 10 minutes to compile, which says otherwise on both counts.

Post by OHHS old timer »

Thanks for putting the brackets up TSYS! From NW Fla, I appreciate your hard work!!

I'm not old, I'm mold....still growing!!
2019 NCAA Tournament Pick 'em champ
pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

Tri-StateYouthSports wrote: Sun Feb 17, 2019 10:38 am
Burgfan/grad85 wrote: Sun Feb 17, 2019 1:28 am IMO Burg played a tougher schedule then Fairland especially the conference schedule. SOC ll is tougher than the OVC
This took about 10 minutes to compile, which says otherwise on both counts.

TSYS ... what is Logan's SOS ? how about the current Elite 8 ?

Tri-StateYouthSports
SEOP

pfloyd wrote: Sun Feb 17, 2019 6:52 pm

Post by pfloyd »

Tri-StateYouthSports wrote: Sun Feb 17, 2019 7:31 pm
pfloyd wrote: Sun Feb 17, 2019 6:52 pm
Thanks TSYS ! THAT for sure adds fuel to the fire for the Final Rankings on Wednesday LOL ... if not fuel supporting evidence for what may happen Wednesday evening ... we'll see how Logan plays tomorrow night vs Bishop Hartley in the Chiefs final regular season match-up - should be a good one !!! a "W" over Hartley would be big ... getting the Purple of Logan to 17-3 with losses to only Gahanna Lincoln, Hilliard Davidson and Chillicothe ...

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

MaxPreps has the Chiefs record wrong ... saying they have 5 losses - they have one game vs North Union ? and have counted other games more than once ... oh well ... the more info the better imo ...

Tri-StateYouthSports
SEOP

Revised D-II game times for Feb-23 (Sat) @ Logan HS
  • Fairfield Union v Marietta/Westfall 12p (was 3p)

Sheridan v Circleville/New Lexington 3p (was 7p)
The D-II Bracket in the original post reflects this.

Post by mattash »

DIV Interactive Bracket https://seops.org/basketball/tournament ... ournament/

You can click on teams to schedules and results, will keep track of stats for D4 tournament on the same page.

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
mattash
Site Admin

Post by mattash »

Michael Scott
mattash
Site Admin

Post by mattash »

Michael Scott
gametime
SE

Post by gametime »

you the man mattash, great job on the look of the brackets.

You can't handle the truth
Burgfan/grad85
Freshman Team

Post by Burgfan/grad85 »

Great job for putting all these brackets and stats together !

Tri-StateYouthSports
SEOP

D-III Bracket updated in original post following Feb-18 Sectional Semi-Final games.

Return to “Boys Basketball”